• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original 151

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    Hi there! I want to get my SO the original 151 set for our anniversary, but... I don't really know much about Pokemon :/ I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've been checking out a few listings on eBay, but like I said, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.

If you guys have any advice or suggestions of where I could get the set, I'd appreciate it! :)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Hi there! I want to get my SO the original 151 set for our anniversary, but... I don't really know much about Pokemon :/ I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've been checking out a few listings on eBay, but like I said, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.

If you guys have any advice or suggestions of where I could get the set, I'd appreciate it! :)

Right, so you have to first define what you are looking for.

Do you want just the general cards with the first 151 Pokémon on them? If so, start looking for XY-Evolutions. It is recent, but made to replicate the original stuff.

If you want Base Set cards... eBay is your best bet, sorry.

Years
    And to add, there is no set that contains all 151 Kanto Pokemon. You'd have to get cards from several different sets to get all 151 Kanto Pokemon.

I'm going to advise against getting any of the original cards just because a "complete set" is going to easily run you at least $200 at this point for a non-1st Edition print set.

Back