• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Osama Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda mastermind, killed in Pakistan

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Really? Link Please, or why you think this at this moment?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    This is crazy. I can only find it on Twitter.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    As of now there is a premeptive news thing about it(at least here). I myself am rendered speechless. For a while now I was kind of thinking it was a wild goose chase... That they wouldn't kill him. They'd find him dead, but by other causes. Thus any chance I had in piecing together a real posts is about nil. I've been looking around. Reactions are insane. Pretty much all positive but the range is all over.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Oh my god!! That's fantastic. I read this and jumped to my cable news channel, and it's all over it! Just... I don't know what to say!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So can Obama finally end the war like he said he would three years ago?

I'm glad that crazy man is dead. We've avenged the lives he took in 2001.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Live, I was just coming to post this. Always beat to the punch..

I think he deserves to be dead. Obviously. Gonna stay up awhile to watch the details coming out. So far all we know is his body was discovered and DNA tests match Bin Laden's DNA. They say it couldn't have been a drone attack because they would need personnel to recover the body. Most likely a highly trained specialized team. Go us.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I just found out thanks to the 800 status updates on facebook and then I turned on the TV to see they're talking about it on most of the major networks. It's taken almost a decade to get to this, but hey!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    This should be in the Celebrations Forum. XD
    But seriously, this is great. I'm waiting for what Obama has to say.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Live, I was just coming to post this. Always beat to the punch..

I think he deserves to be dead. Obviously. Gonna stay up awhile to watch the details coming out. So far all we know is his body was discovered and DNA tests match Bin Laden's DNA. They say it couldn't have been a drone attack because they would need personnel to recover the body. Most likely a highly trained specialized team. Go us.
    NBC was saying it was a planned military action across all the intelligence agencies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I found out about this after my dad tuned in to some joke news channel with the headlines "USAMA BIN LADEN DEAD" Seriously. We just tuned to CNN to find out this was true XD

The typical American would be happy, but as Mexican, what my dad thinks:

'You gringos are idiots, you should have captured him'

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Really all I can think for this is "Way to start May America!"
    Or, in a pathetically humorous way, "Longest game of hide and seek finally over"

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    So much for being in the border region, I heard he was killed in a mansion by the capital. Seems like it's been forever since we have been searching for him. I remember back with Saddam Hussein was captured and that seemed like forever ago.

Back