• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OU Rmt] Do you feel like we do ?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, i was looking over my old teams and found my very first wifi team so i kinda felt a bit of nostalgia for it (so much nostalgia these days eh? Especially with the GS remake =o). Anyways this team won the majority of my matches on wifi and basically this was my signature team and anyone who battled me back in the day would of recognized it. Its actually pretty offensive for an early D/P team hence why it probably did quite well.

Looking back at the team it makes me smile because everyone was like "YOU NEED A RAPID SPINNER AND YOU NEED AROMA ON BLISS" and i never needed either to tell you the truth to be successful lol x_x

The team is actually pretty much the same except i made a few ev changes and what not to keep up with the times (aka i changes BulkyDos old evs to the new standard bulkydos and changed blissey from bold to calm). To get to the actual point, im retiring this team (probably should of been done along time ago) and with your help hopefully make it platinum worthy.

Team Overview​

Team In Depth​

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 156 HP/110 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge

Bulky Gyara (Gyarados in general actually) is a perfect example of how the metagame changed. First it was bulky and swept a number of teams then it became sucky and then had to use an offensive spread and set with a life orb to still be effective. Anyways this used to be "decent" and on paper still looks as though it can beat most of the common leads.

Vs the top 10 leads today...

Code:
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani482.gif[/IMG]Azelf :[/B] Switch to Tar  straight away and/or waterfall turn one and THEN switch to tar.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani376.gif[/IMG]Metagross :[/B] Taunt to stop the SR and then go to Skarm.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani385.gif[/IMG]Jirachi :[/B] Most of these are trick scarf so i will go to Garchomp/Flygon.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani260.gif[/IMG]Swampert :[/B] Taunt>> Pert.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani142.gif[/IMG]Aero : [/B]Hit it with Waterfall since it cant KO after intimidate or it will Taunt or SR turn one and then go to scarf chomp/flygon.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani450.gif[/IMG]Hippow :[/B] Taunt >> Hippwodon.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani392.gif[/IMG]Ape : [/B]LOL.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani437.gif[/IMG]Zong : [/B]Taunt >> Zong.
    [B][IMG]https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani291.gif[/IMG]Jask :[/B] Taunt >> Jask.

Waterfall + Stone Edge have the best coverage when used together. Taunt in theory shuts down things that want to set up on/status me and Dragon Dance is used late game to sweep. This is also a decent check to fighters too.
    ---

Salamence (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

Im sad to see that this guy isnt used much anymore its great for ANY part of the game to put holes in stuff, early, mid and even late. Basically if you dont have a Blissey you lose horrifically to this monster. Even resisted Draco Meteor does a hell of a load (as in does around 50% to things like Heatran and Metagross). Fire Blast lols at steel types wanting to come in. Hydro Pump hits the problem pokemon that resist dragon and are either immune or dont take much from fire aka Heatran and i guess probopass and Bastiodon too ? XD. Dragon Pulse is for late game sweeps and a for a reliable STAB move. This is part of the dual dragon combo aka Mence and Garchomp. You basically wear down their dragon counter down with one and then sweep with the other.
    ---

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP/16 Atk/200 Def/40 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Whirlwind
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird

Skarm !!! Basically he is my physical wall because hey all teams had to have a wall or lose in early d/p [/sarcasm] amazing how much that view sucked since it turned out you dont need walls to win lol. Anyways he sets up my SR, resists Outrage and PHazes junk around i guess it also walls the hell out of Scizor too =]. Roost is for healing and Brave Bird to do damage when called on whilst Shed Shell is to escape that idiot Magnezone.
    ---

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def/176 SDef/80 SAtk
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Ice Beam / Flamethrower
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled

SkarmBliss is L337, heck its that L337 that i should change my username to "L337 James". ^_^ But yeah lol, the fat pink queen of special walling is here to lol at ~98% of all special threats and the obligatory "you HAVE to have a special wall" mentality. Seismic Toss is here because i lose to Empoleon, Sub Tran and the metagame itself otherwise. Thunderwave is cool for team support and S-Boiled is obvious as to what it does. I was originally using Ice Beam as the special attack because as every early D/P player was (or should of been), i was paranoid of Garchomp switching in x_x, although since he is banned i guess i could switch to the arguably more useful Flamethrower. I also want to use Sing on this thing too, that sounds massively fun haha.
    ---

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/46 Atk/24 Spd/188 SAtk
    Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunderbolt / Flamethrower
    - Substitute

B.O.A.H !!! I really liked this because everyone relied so much on Cress/Bliss/Skarm and this sets up on all of them. I guess it also acts as a wall breaker of sorts too. 101 HP subs laugh at S-Toss and anything else that fails to break them. Dark Pulse is for STAB and the other special attack complements it in coverage. I used to have T-Bolt on this guy as i hated junk like bulky waters and what not switching in. I guess i could switch to Flamethrower now though because steels are pretty dominant this metagame so yeah. Focus Punch nails special walls and hurts anything non resistant to it. The speed evs allow me to outspeed Blissey.
    ---

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang / Fire Blast

AAAAAAAAAA ubar hax run. Scarf Chomp acts as this teams revenge killer and was probably THE best revenge killer in the entire game (probably still is). It acts as my insurance policy against a number of threats like Tyranitar. Earthquake and Outrage are for STAB and are two massively powerful attacks. Stone Edge hits Gyarados nicely and takes it out often in one hit. The last slot is mainly for floaty steels aka Fire Blast for Skarm and Fire Fang for Zong. You have no idea how fun this thing is in Sandstorm. x]
    ---

Other Notes​

Now that Garchomp is uber, Scarf Flygon would be the natural replacement for Scarf Garchomp right ? : -

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant/Jolly (+Atk, -SAtk) and (+Spd, -S.Atk)
    - Stone Edge / ThunderPunch
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch / U-Turn

Another thing i was considering was this : -

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Timid nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Roost
    - Wish
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf

>> Salamence, because A. Wish support helps Gyarados, with it being SR weak and all in addition to boah. B. It also helps with bulky waters who are kinda a pain.

So yeah thats basically it, rate my noob team gogogo lol! Sorry, i will post a "proper" OU team one of these days, its just that i hate people seeing them so eh. =/

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    The thing I dislike most about this team is how while you do have SkarmBliss, something simple such as a Swords Dance Lucario will literally tear you apart with a single turn of set up. Even if it decides to run Jolly and Stone Edge, it can still kill most of your team (Extremespeed does 89% minimum if Jolly, and 98% minimum if Adamant to Flygon). Your best bet is to keep Intimidating it with Gyarados and Salamence, which doesn't work as well as you would expect, since Stealth Rock wears them down so that even Lucario with negative attack can begin hitting you hard enough for KOs. Lucario also gets a lot of switch-ins, such as Tyranitar (when not behind a Substitute), Flygon locked in Stone Edge (assuming you run it), and Blissey (unless you're ballsy and Thunder Wave him).

You also have a tough time dealing with foe Tyraniboah, as Gyarados does not enjoy taking Dark Pulse when you factor in Stealth Rock and Sandstorm damage. Skarmory gets crushed by Flamethrower, and Blissey and your own Tyranitar don't stand a chance. You have to rely on Salamence to kill it, and since Hydro Pump doesn't KO, and Stealth Rock and Sandstorm strip off about > 30% health each turn, you'll end up killing your offensive centerpiece to deal with things like breaking a Substitute. You're also Mismagius weak, but you can revenge kill it and Whirlwind it out in a pinch, so let's forget about that.

My first reccomendation is to make Gyarados a Life Orb Dragon Dancer, allowing you to break opposition's stall when combining it with Tyraniboah. I believe ChouToshio described the synergy between offensive Gyarados and Tyraniboah. With LO Gyarados, you also become less vulnerable to things like Metagross and Jirachi from stopping your sweep with either Explosion or even just plain setting up Dual Screens. Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Stone Edge / Earthquake is the standard, though you could try a Jolly version with Aqua Tail, to outdamage Adamant Waterfall. Still, you could keep Gyarados as a bulkyDos, however, if you do, make sure to have Latias, and make sure it uses Wish.

I agree with replacing Mence with Latias, as the Stealth Rock weakness is far too great, sadly, however, this opens you up to all forms of Tyranitar, thus I suggest adding Reflect on that set somewhere. You could go Wish + Protect and use Dragon Pulse, as the coverage is sexy enough as it is. Since Latias needs something to handle Tyranitar, I'd advise you to remove Skarmory and possibly add in a Gliscor for extra insurance against Fighting-types. It still handles Ice Punch-less Agiligross relatively well, and also completely stops Lucario and Heracross (though Flame Orb sets aren't too kind).

Your team is now more vulnerable to Scizor, so giving Gliscor a spread that 2HKOs it would be in your best interest. Blissey looks good as it is, especially since this team would LOVE paralysis support. Keep Flygon, and use Stone Edge. Flygon is essential to this team, hitting things like Metagross and (actually) sweeping fragile things late game. Hope I helped.

New Lineup (no particular order): Gyarados / Latias / Gliscor / Blissey / Tyranitar / Flygon

=major yum!

I abide by the Gricean Maxims
    Years
  • The offensive combination of Gyrados and Tyraniboah that was mentioned by Vance really tears this team apart. A tauntrados can setup upon Skarmory, and Tyranitar can setup on Flygon attempting to counter it. Jolly Mamoswine LOVES this team as it defeats everything except skarmory. In addition to this DDmence destroys the team if skarmory is damaged and SD Lucario causes a lot of damage. Latias kind of helps against these threats, but Tyranitar still beats it and makes your team a little bit CB Scizor weak.

In general, I think a well constructed offensive team will have no trouble overcoming Skarmbliss and proceed to destroy the team and a lot of work is needed to make this team platinum worthy.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    The offensive combination of Gyrados and Tyraniboah that was mentioned by Vance really tears this team apart. A tauntrados can setup upon Skarmory, and Tyranitar can setup on Flygon attempting to counter it. Jolly Mamoswine LOVES this team as it defeats everything except skarmory. In addition to this DDmence destroys the team if skarmory is damaged and SD Lucario causes a lot of damage. Latias kind of helps against these threats, but Tyranitar still beats it and makes your team a little bit CB Scizor weak.

Ice beam boah cant get past Skarm or Gyarados easily and other versions (Flamethrower and T-Bolt) cant get past Flygon/Chomp. I can predict you know too btw in regards to this "BoahDos" combo which i have never seen lol.

I repeat I AM NOT BOAH WEAK and no one uses it anymore according to this months usage statistics (<10%) and i can handle it easily.

With Skarmory AND Bulky Gyarados ? I am Mamo weak ? Umm trust me i have never been safer against Mamo.

In regards to Taunt Gyarados...lol... Flygon/Chomp checks it hence why i have them, if it stays in it loses and if it switches out it takes SR damage so im fine. Even if my check loses i still have Skarm to finish it off. Brave Bird actually does a ton.

DD Mence has to Outrage to do damage to me and i have one of the best outrage resists in the game. In addition its easy to lure Outrage. DD mence really isnt a problem.

In regards to Lucario not really, id like to see it get past Mence, Gyarados, scarf gon/chomp AND Skarmory.

| Lucario | Nature | Jolly | 22.9 |
    | Lucario | Move | Stone Edge | 11.6 |

Another "hardly anyone uses this" poke.

The only way Lucario can beat my team is with Stone Edge and a Jolly nature and even then it cant OHKO Skarm or Flygon with Jolly so im really not Lucario weak.

I might switch to + speed Mixmence with Roost if Lucario so owns me. Which i doubt it will lol.

In general, I think a well constructed offensive team will have no trouble overcoming Skarmbliss and proceed to destroy the team and a lot of work is needed to make this team platinum worthy.

Thank you for telling me this and i greatly appreciate your input to fix my obviously huge metagame weak. >_>

Sorry if i seemed a bit mean but this team did (and still does) actually mean quite alot to me being the first one and all and id like some constructive criticism on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I know Im relatively new to PC but I notice you do have a relatively big mixape weakness, who outruns all but Flygon, who can only revenge as he cant switch into HP Ice. Gyara cant take a NPed Grass Knot, and I think you know the deal with Mence, Skarm, TTar and Blissey.

You could run Vappy over Latias as he kinda does the same thing. But not really. He helps deal with other bulky waters as you have nothing to hit for SE outside of TTar Tbolt

Anyway I really like this team.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know Im relatively new to PC but I notice you do have a relatively big mixape weakness, who outruns all but Flygon, who can only revenge as he cant switch into HP Ice. Gyara cant take a NPed Grass Knot, and I think you know the deal with Mence, Skarm, TTar and Blissey.

You could run Vappy over Latias as he kinda does the same thing. But not really. He helps deal with other bulky waters as you have nothing to hit for SE outside of TTar Tbolt

Anyway I really like this team.
    Firstly, Flygon is only meant to be a revenge killer - it can't take hits well, so unless it resists or is immune to moves, it's not switching in anyway. Besides, having to revenge it doesn't keep it from being a check. Either way, keep in mind that people don't run NP, Grass Knot and HP Ice on the same set. It's usually NP/GK or HP Ice/GK, so either Mence can take the former or Gyara can take the latter.

Proper NPApe could be an issue, but Flygon should be a fine check for a rare enough set.

Vappy =/= Latias, anyway. Latias is an offensive powerhouse, which makes it a far better candidate for Mence's replacement.

Sorry if I seem opinionated, btw.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Firstly, Flygon is only meant to be a revenge killer - it can't take hits well, so unless it resists or is immune to moves, it's not switching in anyway. Besides, having to revenge it doesn't keep it from being a check. Either way, keep in mind that people don't run NP, Grass Knot and HP Ice on the same set. It's usually NP/GK or HP Ice/GK, so either Mence can take the former or Gyara can take the latter.

Good point but you do see the rare Timid Specially Built Nape without CC. I personally think tjat sets stupid but meh. Yeah i wasnt thinking.

Vappy =/= Latias, anyway. Latias is an offensive powerhouse, which makes it a far better candidate for Mence's replacement.

Vappy does lack the dragon typing but it has the same base speciall attack stat as Mence/ Latias

Back