• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU RMT

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off
    - Ice Fang

Sets up SR and a pretty nice physical wall. Also sets up sandstorm for some extra damage.
    ---
    Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion

I usually just use forrestress to set up toxic spikes and then explode if my opponent doesn't have a spiker or if i killed it. Rapid Spin is just a filler, I threw it on there because I've been seeing a lot more SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes users lately.
    ---
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/160 SDef
    - Leech Seed
    - Recover
    - Substitute
    - Energy Ball

Great Pokemon for sub-seed. Leech Seed and toxic spikes together start to do a lot of damage after a few turns, and Celebi is my favorite user of leech seed.
    ---
    Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Protect
    - Thunder Wave
    - Seismic Toss
    - Wish

I use Blissey mostly to stall for leech seed and toxic damage. I chose wish over softboiled so i had something to heal forretress, and I don't like using rest.
    ---
    Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 20 HP/252 Spd/236 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Overheat
    - Flamethrower

Counters Scizor and Skymin, and also helps cover my huge weakness to fire. It also takes care of most steel types that are immune to toxic.
    ---
    Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/158 Def/4 Spd
    - Whirlwind/Roar
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird/Drill Peck

Sets up spikes and phazes to rack up spikes/SR damage and get toxic on everything. I'm using Roar/brave bird right now but i don't really ever see anything with soundproof so i might go with roar/drill peck.

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
  • I think relying too heavily on SR/Spikes/Toxic spikes is a risky strategy. As you've said in your RMT lots of ppl these days include a spinner in their team so your efforts will have come to nothing. Also spikes and toxic spikes don't effect flying and levitating pokemon so your strategy is flawed in that sense.
    You seem to be on the defensive side of the battle. I would put in at least one other sweeper, other than heatran to help out your offensive game. Preferably a water type like gyarados to help out your fire weakness.
    Hope this helps.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I never liked Toxic Spikes since it just seems like a "Come on in Heracross, rip me apart :D" kinda move. When it slaughters Skarmory. =/ Though you can revenge with Heatran, it'd probably just switch out. Gliscor could be a viable option in that regard.

Frankly, I think you need some sort of Ghost-type to block Rapid Spins that basically make all your effort amount to nothing. Rapid Spin is getting a bit more common from what I've seen, that's bad news for this team overall.

Perhaps you could try Rotom-H? Overheat will allow you to snag Forretress trying to spin on you, and Heracross, too. I wouldn't use the Choice Scarf set, but merely a defensively minded one. Could try Reflect in there to negate the efforts of Tyranitar coming in as well, and overall benefit the party. Comes in on the weakness of Blissey & blocking Rapid Spin, which probably should be a priority for stall teams. Could use that Shadow Ball to punish Starmie. Not really sure who could be replaced though. :/

Back