• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overlooked Pokemon who should be given a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I think Stantler is pretty underused. He is basically a better Taurus, but for some reason many people don't use him...

?
    The only stat it beats Tauros in is special attack, and even then, it has no good special moves save psychic.

This thread just yells toxicroak.
    Swords Dance + Sucker Punch = win.
    And it's just completely awesome, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ayselipera

I usually find that the really common Pokemon people can't stand turn out to be some of the most helpful/best. In game at least.

Pokemon like Zubat, Tentacool, and Geodude all end up evolving into pretty powerful final evolutions. No one ever wants to deal with them though because they show up in every cave/body of water.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    SHUCKLE!

Shuckle. It has the highest defense, and can make berry juice :) .

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • The geodude line? I hardly ever see people with it, but maybe thats me not looking hard enough. Anyway, golem helped me beat the game in emerald, which was my first game to actually beat. I used the line again in diamond and won. Golem one of my best pokemon on my team

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Arcanine: This thing's a monster. Mine is an IV breed with a Choice Band. With a Flare Blitz, he was able to take a vaporeon down by 67% health when it switched in in a feeble attempt to wall my Arcanine. A fire attack against a water pokemon...His Flare Blitz rips through anything that doesn't resist it. I don't understand how he's not OU, or minimally BL.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • just remembered beating emerald with golbat/crobat (forget which one) along with my golem, tropius, and azumarill. All overlooked pokemon that rock!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've used Crobat to great effect in both Platinum and XD.

Persian has been a staple on all my teams, and I've always found a way to make it useful, usually through first-turn STAB Fake Outs and taking advantage of its Speed.

Years
  • Wooper/Quagsire. I've never heard of anyone using them before, but the water/ground combination is unstoppable.

Each play through of Diamond I've done so far I've had wooper/quagsire on my team, they're so cute and goody looking. :)
    Honestly, I don't really take notice of stats and upon reading all this, I probably should.

Keeping in mind I don't take notice of stats much haha, but I have not come across anyone who uses Mr Mime?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Gulpin and Swalot are overlooked quite abit! I've recently been using one on my Heart Gold team and it's my fave team member =)

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Gulpin and Swalot are overlooked quite abit! I've recently been using one on my Heart Gold team and it's my fave team member =)

I adore Gulpin and Swalot! They are extremely powerful and likable Pokemon once you give them a chance. Swalot was an essential member of my DPPT team.

coots

I'mma eat chuu
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    I agree with you Tropius is under cut most of the time and I have no idea why

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Weezing. With it's excellent type coverage, awesome defense, decent attack/special attack and it only being weak to Psychic, I wonder how this guy isn't used more often. Smogon tiers him as UU :( Sure, his speed isn't top-notch, but he's not really lacking anywhere else.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Not sure if this is underused or not but I use a Miltank and with the right ability they can even hit ghosts with Rollout.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Miltank, espically with Whitney, gahh, that was annoying! I dispise them after that, but still, it should be given a chance. The Pidgey evolutions, they're quite a powerful lot if trained right but I don't see them very oftem. :/ And Persian, that one can be used well if given the right things but it's not used much that I know of.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back