• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OverRated Games?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
  • there is a lot of older games here being called overrated. i know now they obviously aren't as enjoyable as some of the newer more advanced games but you have to remember when some of these games came out hey were the best in their genres and certainly their consoles. i remember playing ocarina of time and being thoroughly entertained but now it doesn't compare to say some of the mmo's i play or grand theft auto. not to prod anyone but i think we should just stick to new games, such as the new halo reach, halo in general i think is way overrated. the campaign is interesting but online is repetitive and buggy and online is suppose to be the main attraction of halo.

also can we hold all the abbreviations, i have no idea what some of these abbrevations stand for

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Sonic Adventure 2 overrated I'm a fan and I really don't think it is overrated at all. To some fans yes they consider it the best of the 3D sonic games but still. The originals are far more overrated then Adventure 2 if you get technical about it.

Anyway adding on
    -Final Fantasy series. I love the series especially the originals but you can't say they arnt overrated
    -Mario series as a whole, must I really explain this xD
    -NFL/NBA *insert year hear* games, around here anyway. That's all I hear people talk about is how good they are one it. Is it really as a competitive games as say Brawl, or COD really.

That's all for now

MushroomZOMBIE

♪ ~Just A Social Distortion
    Years
  • [Insert overrated FPS here such as Halo or COD]. Seriously, I do not want to play a game where a bunch of 13 year olds spouting overused and immature insults that occur frequently on online play.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • grand theft auto, halo, WoW.
    -gets shot-
    i just dont find any of those that good.

and runescape, if that counts as a "video game".

Years
  • For me and especially in my country - CoD MW2, Halo, Battlefield Bad Company 2, WoW, Counter Strike 1.6 and definitely Tibia. Those last two are games, which people in my country are addicted to. They do really weird things to be the best in those games...

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • Mario series.
    Final Fantasy.
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. (mainly pre pubescent 12 year olds love this)
    Grand Theft Auto series. (good game but so over rated)
    Sport games (*shudders*)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I would have to go with Halo. It is a perfectly good game, but I personally can't accept it as the greatest-first-person-shooter-ever. I don't see anything innovative enough to justify my spending hours on it, and have only played it in order to play online with friends. (The Deja'vu Achievement in ODST was fun, though, I'll admit.)

It is, however, a perfectly solid game, and I am incredibly biased against shooters.

But I also happen to think that OoT was the greatest video games ever made.. soo... XD

Last edited:

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • I find the level to which The Original Halo is revered to be quite strange. It delivered a solid FPS experience for its time and had fun multiplayer (which didn't have much online support admittedly) but as for it being revolutionary? I don't see it, honestly.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Going against most of you here, personally I like both SSBB and COD:WAW. However this is a dislike thread so I can't talk about what I like.

My list:
    I will murder anyone who asks me to play any Halo game
    I despise all final fantasy
    Sombody can drop most of Mario down a drainpipe and ignore it
    Any game with Disney on it

Anyone think of any more?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Going against most of you here, personally I like both SSBB and COD:WAW. However this is a dislike thread so I can't talk about what I like.

My list:
    I will murder anyone who asks me to play any Halo game
    I despise all final fantasy
    Sombody can drop most of Mario down a drainpipe and ignore it
    Any game with Disney on it

Anyone think of any more?

Like/Dislike =/= Overrated.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    Final Fantasy (especially Final Fantasy VII)
    Halo Series.

Ye-up. :U

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    I say, Mario games, they completely lost there oomph after Super Mario Sunshine..
    I mean it's on like Mario Party 8 now, it's becoming ridiculous, and eventually Nintendo will have to drop Mario .

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • CoD is the less fun than a tumor, I'm afraid.

GTA and Red Dead Redemption are pretty overated too, as well as the entire Tomb Raider series.

Although I have never played these myself, Starcraft and WoW seem incredibly dull for all their hype when I watch friends play them.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Call of Duty, these people are as bad as the people who play WoW, don't care what you say it's true.
    Halo is abandoned now so it isn't as bad, but still people take it too seriously.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Call of Duty, these people are as bad as the people who play WoW, don't care what you say it's true.
    Halo is abandoned now so it isn't as bad, but still people take it too seriously.

Excuse me good sir but are you implying that we who play WoW lack the dignity to avoid Call of Duty? ;o

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years

• Excuse me good sir but are you implying that we who play WoW lack the dignity to avoid Call of Duty? ;o
    no i think he meant Raging WoW Fanboys(or girls because they are out there) who can't stop comparing what they are doing in real life to what they do in WoW are just as annoying as Raging CoD Fanboys(or girls) who do the same

Back