• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Jcool

Stellar
Years
Is it possible to add palettes WITHOUT the "Dynamic Overworld Palettes" hack?

I also would like to know this.

Also, how would I adjust the pointer values to be in multiples of 4 as to not get the black screen? Entering new values in the .ini before the program opens and attempts to repoint everything doesn't seem to work.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Is it possible to add palettes WITHOUT the "Dynamic Overworld Palettes" hack?

Of course, this patch is only an improvement on how they are shown.

Also, how would I adjust the pointer values to be in multiples of 4 as to not get the black screen? Entering new values in the .ini before the program opens and attempts to repoint everything doesn't seem to work.

OWM takes care of everything that needs to be aligned, you don't have to do any of that manually.

Jcool

Stellar
Years
OWM takes care of everything that needs to be aligned, you don't have to do any of that manually.

Am I incorrectly using the program then? Whenever I load my Ruby rom it selects the same values and they are not in multiples of 4, so I get a black screen.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Am I incorrectly using the program then? Whenever I load my Ruby rom it selects the same values and they are not in multiples of 4, so I get a black screen.

Ohh the Ruby, truth be told I had some issues with ruby. Although I think in the end I found the correct offsets. A member some comments back said that those offsets weren't the correct ones and provided his. Try them out and tell me if the problem persists.

Also I think that not all of the data had to be 4 aligned, but some could be 2 aligned.

My guess is that your issue is OWM repointing from wrong offsets.

http://imgur.com/a/E23bO

I'm not using jpan engine,I just draw a new rom, patched Dynamic Overworld pallete and created a new person event.

google.translate.

Could you provide me the "Overworld Menu" Addresses and the "Table Menu" Addresses of your OW from OWM?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Ohh the Ruby, truth be told I had some issues with ruby. Although I think in the end I found the correct offsets. A member some comments back said that those offsets weren't the correct ones and provided his. Try them out and tell me if the problem persists.

Also I think that not all of the data had to be 4 aligned, but some could be 2 aligned.

My guess is that your issue is OWM repointing from wrong offsets.

Could you provide me the "Overworld Menu" Addresses and the "Table Menu" Addresses of your OW from OWM?

http://imgur.com/a/oezNv

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 24, 2022
Hey I'm trying to use this right now and coming across some issues. I have a Musharna overworld that I changed to only be 16 colors, I inserted it over the Snorlax frames in OWM and it looked good in there. I did palette cleanup then tried to open my rom in AdvanceMap and the palette of the Musharna sprite was totally messed up. Do I need to change something in the AdvanceMap ini or am I changing the sprites wrong?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Hey, I'm using a Ruby ROM and it's not working. It only shows up with "Palette Cleanup" (It's an AXVE). Any help?

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Hey guys, lately I've had some free time and motivation and started working on OWM again. One of the things that I really hated is that I used tkinter. The main issue with that is it's a pain to run on linux. Also, I reconsidered some comments above and decided to add some new features/changes.

So I started re-writing it with Qt and I'm really pleased with how things progress. I also cleaned and re-organized some code. Up to now, it can only Load/Save a rom and show the list of the OWs. And yes, in the end, as someone also said, I think its better to have a save option rather than working directly with the rom.

The GUI will look like this:
owm_1.jpg

First priority is to make it as functional as the current version. When that's done, I'd like to implement some features that would help add support for currently unsupported roms.

The source code can be found on github.

Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
*small update
OW Menu Buttons, as well as Actions Menu are fully functional. Only thing remaining is the Profile loading, Table Menu Buttons and the Palette ID combobox and it will be up to date.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
*small update
OW Menu Buttons, as well as Actions Menu are fully functional. Only thing remaining is the Profile loading, Table Menu Buttons and the Palette ID combobox and it will be up to date.

Any chance this could support FR/LG's coloured text depending on the NPC's gender? Opening a Fire Red ROM with OWM for the first time makes every OW sprite have black text, and there's no option to change it in the tool, unless I've missed it.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Any chance this could support FR/LG's coloured text depending on the NPC's gender? Opening a Fire Red ROM with OWM for the first time makes every OW sprite have black text, and there's no option to change it in the tool, unless I've missed it.

Do you happen to know how it's mechanics work or is there a thread about it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Do you happen to know how it's mechanics work or is there a thread about it?

The 13th byte in the OW data is for the text colour. 00 for black, 01 for blue, 02 for red.

Nevermind, I was using Jambo51's hack for having the OW data determine the text colour, and that's what caused the problem. If you're still interested, here's a thread with more information on the OW text colouring: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239025

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Just wanted to thank you for making this amazing tool, the sheet export really proved to be super handy! (Worked perfectly on x64 Windows 10, for Emerald)

The new update looks amazing, too :) Good luck

Back