• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I think I love you. Thank you so much for this lol... this will be infinitely useful to my project.

Years
Hi guys, I have a problem, when I try to "insert overworld frames" it says that I need to insert the same quantity of frames that I specify, but how do I do that? because it doesn't allow me to choose more than one picture and if I enlarge the image with all the frames there (from up to down) it says my picture is too big, can someone please help me?

EDIT: I've solved that problem but now is another, when I inserted the new OW (Raikou from HG SS) and tryed to insert it to the Advance Map, the palette was really wrong, and tryed with all the palette slots in the Over World Manager but all the palettes were wrong... Can someone please help me?, I really need to insert new OWs (note: I'm not using the JPAN engine)

Last edited:

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Hi guys, I have a problem, when I try to "insert overworld frames" it says that I need to insert the same quantity of frames that I specify, but how do I do that? because it doesn't allow me to choose more than one picture and if I enlarge the image with all the frames there (from up to down) it says my picture is too big, can someone please help me?

EDIT: I've solved that problem but now is another, when I inserted the new OW (Raikou from HG SS) and tryed to insert it to the Advance Map, the palette was really wrong, and tryed with all the palette slots in the Over World Manager but all the palettes were wrong... Can someone please help me?, I really need to insert new OWs (note: I'm not using the JPAN engine)
palette will show wrong in advance map for the OWs in which you used expanded palettes not the original palette. but don't worry in game it works totally fine.

Last edited:

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Found a bug in the latest release, while I fixed loading indexed images, now non-indexed images couldn't be loaded, yaay :P. Anyway, I fixed it and updated the original download.

Something else I never mentioned. You can select where OWM repoints your original table. Before it repoints it, it checks the "Free Space Start" address in the ini and searches for free space from there on. So by changing this address in the ini you can "control" where your OW Table gets repointed.

Last edited:
Years
Found a bug in the latest release, while I fixed loading indexed images, now non-indexed images couldn't be loaded, yaay :P. Anyway, I fixed it and updated the original download.

Something else I never mentioned. You can select where OWM repoints your original table. Before it repoints it, it checks the "Free Space Start" address in the ini and searches for free space from there on. So by changing this address in the ini you can "control" where your OW Table gets repointed.

How do I repoint my Overworld table? Also I have a problem, when I try to open a Patched ROM, the Overworl Manager doesn't work (It doesn't matter what kind of patch, even the JPAN's one), the tool gets loading and loading and only when I closed it shows a little window that says something (don't remember what...) and how many Overwolds can I insert without the JPAN engine?
Also thanks to Lightning X for the answer ^_^

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
How do I repoint my Overworld table?

You can't repoint it manually with OWM. OWM repoints the Original OW Table the first time the ROM is loaded.

Also I have a problem, when I try to open a Patched ROM, the Overworld Manager doesn't work (It doesn't matter what kind of patch, even the JPAN's one), the tool gets loading and loading and only when I closed it shows a little window that says something (don't remember what...)

OWM must have created a file named OWM.log in its folder. Could you send me that file?

how many Overwolds can I insert without the JPAN engine?

I think up to 255

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I can't open this Tool on Windows 10 32bit.
untitled3yjd5.png

javcdark

no hablo ingles
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
the ruby offsets are wrong
here are the correct offsets

Code:
OW Table Pointers = 0x5BC3C
Original OW Table Pointers = 0x5BC3C
Original OW Pointers Address = 0x36DC58
Original Num of OWs = 217

Palette Table Pointers Address = 0x5BE20, 0x5BEB4, 0x5BF0E
Original Palette Table Address = 0x37377C
Original Num of Palettes = 27

OW Limiter Address = 0x5BC28

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
Looks good man! Good luck with the tool, having overworlds with different palettes always gave me headache with testing lol

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
can u make a 32 bit version of this tool this version of the program is not compatabile with my windows version

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Can confirm that problem. You should always compile for 32-bit systems, as a bigger variety of users can be reached through that. The program runs fine on 64-bit systems though and will be useful for my hack! Thank you! :)

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Can confirm that problem. You should always compile for 32-bit systems, as a bigger variety of users can be reached through that. The program runs fine on 64-bit systems though and will be useful for my hack! Thank you! :)

pokefreak890 said:
can u make a 32 bit version of this tool this version of the program is not compatabile with my windows version

Dragonflye said:
I can't open this Tool on Windows 10 32bit.

Sure will! You can also run it from the source code until I do :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
It is to go download the old version because of this bug here.

translate.google.com

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I opened a rom on this tool and it doesn't load any ow tables or any ow. it's all blank. I am using jpan's engine rom

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Can this tool be used on FR hacks that don't use JPAN's engine? Sorry if you've answered this before, the comments and thread info are conflicting/confusing =P

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen today
I've just downloaded the latest version, and when I open my ROM, the "Fixes" option is greyed out, even though my nurse joy is still broken. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Tapan681

RiverDream
Years
Download link is not working.Can you provide mediafire link?

edit:- its working correctly

But I am getting an error when I tried to open it. It says
"This program cant start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstallingthe program to fix this problem".

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
so how is that 32-bit version of OVM manager coming along and also i dont know how to use the source code to get it to work if someone could teach me how that would be great

Back