• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

P Team Challenge!

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
  • :rambo:I've had this idea kicking around in my head for awhile now and now I'm FINALLY gonna do it!:rambo:

IT'S TIME! WE'RE GOING TO TAKE ON POKEMON EMERALD WITH ONLY SIX POKEMON!

You heard me! ONLY. SIX. POKEMON!

TO BEAT THE WHOLE GAME! (well maybe up to Steven, anyway)

IT'S THE P TEAM CHALLENGE! It's when you gather a party of Pokemon(or TEAM) AND try to beat an entire pokemon game (Meaning the Champ at the end). It's similar to a nuzlocke in many ways(fainted=dead, dead box or release, naming pokemon, etc.) with some interesting twists here and there.

I've chosen my team already and I think I've got the right party together to make it all the way through! Can YOU do better? Join me and we'll find out! I'll be posting my results here until I either win or I get pwned, whichever happens first.

I'm hoping folks will take part and post their results as well. This is a community type of thing, so JOIN IN!

THE RULES!​

1. You pick your team before you play. This is the team your playing with throughout the game. PICK WISELY!

2. You can only catch the pokemon that will be in your team. Nothing else (except Shinies and/or Legendaries).

3. Pokemon have Health Meter. Now when they faint , they're not "dead" automatically. (I made mine three [Green, Yellow and Red].)
    {GREEN = hadn't fainted yet, YELLOW = fainted once and RED = fainted twice/closed to dead}

THE TEAM!​

Captain: Mudman the Mudkip:t258:

Ace: Patriot the Taillow:t276:

Bruiser: $hitake the Shroomish:t285:

Sniper: Hot Rocks the Slugma:t218:

Brains: Mammon the Sableye:t302:

Diver: Chill Will the Spheal:t363:

HM Slave: Handy Manuel the Lotad:t270:

THE GOAL!​

^^BEATING ALL EIGHT GYMS, THE ELITE 4 AND THE CHAMPIONS WITHOUT LOSING A POKEMON!:pink_boogie:

For rules and to see the team here:

Guys, you don't have to use Emerald or any particular version of Pokemon! f you're taking the challenge, Just state the Pokemon Game you're playing and your team with nicknames, if you choose. If you want to make your roster like mine, It's fine. Just try it out and have fun. Post your results here as well and leave your thoughts.

Thanks!
    :happy2:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I can't find any reason not to approve this, but I think it needs a little more clarification (I couldn't watch the video on my internet). I really don't understand the health system.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I don't see why this is restricted only to R/S/E tbh. It could work in any game. You sort of made it all about yourself rather than a challenge for everybody. .-.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Even if the OP is geared towards the original poster, other people are still permitted by the Challenges rules to post here. He never says you can't or anything. I do agree that the R/S/E thing is unnecessary.

To the OP: It would be better if you made the original post slightly less about you, since we don't make individual threads for each user's play through. Each challenge thread is more of a hub for all participants.

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • Sorry About that. I'll try to re word it to be more of a community thing. I thought the RSE thing was meant to show which game I was using. I guess I should have read the forum requirements better.

EDITED FIRST POST. THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • Stop double posting!

P TEAM CHALLENEGE

REPORT: Day 3

SURPRISES AND NEAR DEMISES!!

Was making my way thru Petalburg Woods. I met the DEVON worker and faced the Team Aqua grunt. trounced him and sent him on his way. Got the Great Ball from the DEVON guy and headed back to get healed up. On the way to the PC, I get surprised encountered by Patriot the Taillow (totally forgot I could catch him on Route 103. Sadly, I used my $hitake to help catch him and she got mollywhopped into the YELLOW (WHY DID I DO THHHAAAAAATTT??{D:}).

Recruited Patriot :t277: and headed back to Rustboro after healing the team. Lollygagged for a bit then made my way to the Gym to punch Roxanne in the ****. destroyed all the Gym Trainers and went on the LEADER.

The Battle Begins...

...Aaaaannndd $hitake get taken out oKNOCKED down to RED right off the break{D:} (Yeah...I'm PISSED>:()! Thankfully, Mudman:t258: came through in the clutch and pulled out the win!

^^STONE BADGE GOT!^^

Crazy day, but at least I got the badge and kept my team MOSTLY together. Onward...

Any other trainers taking the challenge? I'd love to hear the teams you've created. also rate mine and guess my chances to finish this.

Last edited:

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • I didn't think I double posted. I only submitted it once. Not sure what happened.

So wait. I'm supposed to post updates at all on the challenge?

Last edited by a moderator:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • You can post as much info about your challenge as you want, but consecutive posting is not allowed on Pokecommunity in most circumstances. We do have perks for certain post thresholds and such posting can be exploited.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    joining

Game:heartgold

Team:
    1. Cyndaquil nickname:Blaze
    2. Onix nickname:Rocky
    3. Togepi nickname:Banf
    4 .Slowpoke nickname:Tail Slap
    5. Abra nickname:George
    6. Tangala nickname:Grassman

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    joining

Game:heartgold

Team:
    1. Cyndaquil nickname:Blaze
    2. Onix nickname:Rocky
    3. Togepi nickname:Banf
    4 .Slowpoke nickname:Tail Slap
    5. Abra nickname:George
    6. Tangala nickname:Grassman

Years
  • I'll do the challenge! ^_^
    Simipour - Jemma
    Chandelure - Tatl
    Garvantula - Arachne
    Audino - Licorice
    Lilligant - Cinderellie
    Braviary - Mr Prez

My meter -
    Blue - No deaths -- Green - 1 death -- Yellow - 2 deaths -- Orange - 3 deaths -- Red - 4 deaths -- Black - Dead (5 deaths)

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • Great going guys. Do you think I shout put up a blog for folks to post up there results? this'll make a great sharing experience for everyone!

Back