• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Paddy's room

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2019
    Prof.Sycamore
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really like your Tabitha and Lysandre drawings. Lysandre looks like a robot lol XD

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • This is some absolutely stunning linework. How did you get it so sharp and defined? Looks like a stencil in terms of smoothness.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2019
    I really like your Tabitha and Lysandre drawings. Lysandre looks like a robot lol XD
    XD Thanks so much.

This is some absolutely stunning linework. How did you get it so sharp and defined? Looks like a stencil in terms of smoothness.
    Thanks. I use basic brush and repeat lining/erasing until it ok XD it costs time!
    --------------------------------------
    Here is my recent drawing
    Sidney
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Thanks so much.

I've replaced other links for Diantha and Iris, please check and tell me if there are still some missing pictures. Thank you.

Sydney is now missing, but it seems all the others are fine :)
    Edit: Seems fixed now :)

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I said I'd like to see more in a Gallery and look what I found! Christmas has come early!

I'm going to do things a bit backwards and start with the criticisms I have. Firstly, and this is pretty broad, but from my point of view there is little to no variation in your style. You have your style, sure, that's clear as day but you don't vary it. And to be honest, once I'd looked at the first few, all I saw was the same thing repeated with a different character. Just changing the character used isn't quite enough. The trick is to vary your style to a point where every image has a unique feel and expression, whilst your main style still prevails throughout. One piece I thought this worked well with was your Flannery piece. This one is MUCH more explosive than the rest, quite representing Flannery's wild, excitable youth. The rest are fairly stoic, standing straight and not really giving any body expressions to give me a feeling of who that character is to you. That's what I think is important by drawing is expressing who a character in your mind. Because everyone has different ideas. Therefore it is important to have some characters sitting calmly, others with blank expressions staring off into space whilst others chase a young Pok?mon in circles. And the line-art you use to portray this should also vary. Someone calm and relaxed should probably be drawn with smoother lines whilst and angry character should have bold, jagged edges and highlighted muscles etc. Hopefully that there made some sense to you.

You colours I found mostly good. I would like to see some alternations in the style to which you apply colour however. For instance, instead of a gradient top to bottom, simply make it travel sideways instead. There are lots of things you can do with simply colour alternations that really change how a piece looks. Try not using a gradient at all perhaps. Experiment a bit, and see what jumps out. And don't scrap a piece because it doesn't look enough like another, rather play around with it until you create something you like, and feel is new. That's always a nice feeling when you create something new that looks good, it's a really good feeling and I'm looking for it every time I create a new piece.

But what I do like is your skill with drawing anatomy. I would love to see more full body pieces, where their feet still exist but for the most part these are absolutely stunning, and the style of the characters captures their video game image whilst applying a more anime-style filter over them, creating someone brand new yet similar. It's brilliant stuff. As I said earlier, I absolutely adore your Flannery piece (childhood crush :P) but that really is the most outstanding piece from your collection in my eyes, because of how different it is. This is admittedly mostly down to the Rapidash behind, but the zoom is also different and yeah. I just love it. The rest are great too, but this one... <3

Keep going, and I'd love to see some experimentation from you in the future, see what you can do. You may find the results surprising!

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2019
    I said I'd like to see more in a Gallery and look what I found! Christmas has come early!

I'm going to do things a bit backwards and start with the criticisms I have. Firstly, and this is pretty broad, but from my point of view there is little to no variation in your style. You have your style, sure, that's clear as day but you don't vary it. And to be honest, once I'd looked at the first few, all I saw was the same thing repeated with a different character. Just changing the character used isn't quite enough. The trick is to vary your style to a point where every image has a unique feel and expression, whilst your main style still prevails throughout. One piece I thought this worked well with was your Flannery piece. This one is MUCH more explosive than the rest, quite representing Flannery's wild, excitable youth. The rest are fairly stoic, standing straight and not really giving any body expressions to give me a feeling of who that character is to you. That's what I think is important by drawing is expressing who a character in your mind. Because everyone has different ideas. Therefore it is important to have some characters sitting calmly, others with blank expressions staring off into space whilst others chase a young Pok?mon in circles. And the line-art you use to portray this should also vary. Someone calm and relaxed should probably be drawn with smoother lines whilst and angry character should have bold, jagged edges and highlighted muscles etc. Hopefully that there made some sense to you.

You colours I found mostly good. I would like to see some alternations in the style to which you apply colour however. For instance, instead of a gradient top to bottom, simply make it travel sideways instead. There are lots of things you can do with simply colour alternations that really change how a piece looks. Try not using a gradient at all perhaps. Experiment a bit, and see what jumps out. And don't scrap a piece because it doesn't look enough like another, rather play around with it until you create something you like, and feel is new. That's always a nice feeling when you create something new that looks good, it's a really good feeling and I'm looking for it every time I create a new piece.

But what I do like is your skill with drawing anatomy. I would love to see more full body pieces, where their feet still exist but for the most part these are absolutely stunning, and the style of the characters captures their video game image whilst applying a more anime-style filter over them, creating someone brand new yet similar. It's brilliant stuff. As I said earlier, I absolutely adore your Flannery piece (childhood crush :P) but that really is the most outstanding piece from your collection in my eyes, because of how different it is. This is admittedly mostly down to the Rapidash behind, but the zoom is also different and yeah. I just love it. The rest are great too, but this one... <3

Keep going, and I'd love to see some experimentation from you in the future, see what you can do. You may find the results surprising!
    Thanks so much. I will try later <3
    -----------------------------------
    Wallace
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    oo new art! I sorta doubt Gary and Ash would be that friendly toward each other though :p
    Looking good!

MorganW

That Kid You Don't Like
    Years
  • Omg these are amazing. I need to stop coming to this forum because it just brings out my jealousy which diesnt happen often. When I first saw that you left colour out I wasnt so sure if I liked your artwork but I've never seen anything like it and it makes you stand out as an artist. Please keep doing this as it's noce to have a trade mark. And although I don't know much about art I agree with Circuit, try some varying styles and see what else you can make.

Back