• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Paint & Describe

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen today
    Kind of similar to Picture Telephone or Gartic.
    During the first two days, people can sign up to be either a Painter or a Describer or either. I'll then sort them into a chain where a Painter draws from a Describer's description about a previous Painter's drawing, and so on.
    This is a long event, but there's no real ranking, so I'm thinking 50 points for managing to submit on time for each player. Also this one probably doesn't work well with achievements either

Paint & Describe

What's this?

The game is simple. Players are divided into two groups—Painters and Describers. The game will begin with one image that will be sent to a Describer. That description will be sent to a Painter who will then create an image (through any means, traditional drawing, MS Paint, etc). That image will be sent to a different Describer, whose description will be sent to a different Painter, and so on until the chain ends!

So, for example, from a previous Get-Together...
    Spoiler:

Check here for a completed game!

Sounds simple, right?
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

How to play?

• To join, simply post here saying so and whether you'd like to Paint, Describe or have no preference.
    • Because there should be the same number of Describers and Painters, those who sign up later may not be able to participate as their preferred category.
    • Describers will have 24 hours to reply with a 10 word description of the image provided by me.
    • Painters will have 48 hours to reply with drawing/painting an image based off the description provided by me.

A team will get 25 points by having at least one of its members join. Once the chain starts, a successful submission from each player will give their team 10 points.

Players

Last edited:

Always love this event! Looks good to me in the sense that nothing has really changed so... all is well! In terms of points, I guess the only thing is maybe this year doing (don't hurt me GP) a 25 Point for the team for participating and then 5/10 per person as well? If it's similar numbers to the example you linked then that's still roughly 50 points going to each team but with one having the edge because of numbers.

If you're unsure on that though, more than happy to keep it as it is!

Once that decision has been made, I'm happy to then approve the event.

Always love this event! Looks good to me in the sense that nothing has really changed so... all is well! In terms of points, I guess the only thing is maybe this year doing (don't hurt me GP) a 25 Point for the team for participating and then 5/10 per person as well? If it's similar numbers to the example you linked then that's still roughly 50 points going to each team but with one having the edge because of numbers.

Usually there's around 8 or more players in. I don't have any real preferences with either scoring system so I'm down to go with your idea

This is probably fine if it's just about joining and having fun more than aiming to outcompete.

Back