• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'd like battles in real time... i mean, in the case of pokemons with the same speed, if they are going to hit each others then both would recieve the damage at the same time... Cuz i don't like so much These Randoms...
    A simple yet wonderful idea.

If we have Fc's again I hope we can put more in our pal pad at least.
    We will have FCs again, but we are able to transfer them to other players using infrared.

Here's my copypasta.

• Longer Story
    • More Rivals
    • More Wi-Fi Activities
    • Side-Quests
    • Anime-Styled Pokemon League
    • Character Customization
    • More Pokemon Balance (I'm sick of Garchomp, Tyranitar etc. getting all the good moves, let's help out Pokemon who actually need it, like Meganium and Tauros.)
    • Better New Pokemon (Pure opinion, I know, but this is the first generation where I've actually been really bothered with the new Pokemon. I prefer the Gen 2 and 3 designs. Those had a good mix of fantasy and realism. The Pokemon from the other generations are either to simple/realistic, or just so crazy and imaginative that they look like a three year-old's pool toy. The eagle is amazing.)
    • >>MULTIPLE SAVE FILES<<

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    A simple yet wonderful idea.

We will have FCs again, but we are able to transfer them to other players using infrared.

Here's my copypasta.

• Longer Story
    • More Rivals
    • More Wi-Fi Activities
    • Side-Quests
    • More Pokemon Balance (I'm sick of Garchomp, Tyranitar etc. getting all the good moves, let's help out Pokemon who actually need it, like Meganium and Tauros.)
    • Better New Pokemon (Pure opinion, I know, but this is the first generation where I've actually been really bothered with the new Pokemon. I prefer the Gen 2 and 3 designs. Those had a good mix of fantasy and realism. The Pokemon from the other generations are either to simple/realistic, or just so crazy and imaginative that they look like a three year-old's pool toy. The eagle is amazing.)
    Yeah we do need better moves for the UU pokemon :)

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fixing the item bag. I want to see practical PC storage for items again, because cycling through the pack now takes far too long. Or at least put some sort of turbo, or go-to-top/bottom option.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fixing the item bag. I want to see practical PC storage for items again, because cycling through the pack now takes far too long. Or at least put some sort of turbo, or go-to-top/bottom option.

I'd like a search button on the bag... type "Rare" and everything with Rare in its name appears...

Years
    They fixed that somewhat in HGSS. I didn't have to drag forever to get to my HM's. But I agree with you.

I want:
    -Random LIVE wifi rooms
    -Wifi Rankings
    -Trainer Customization
    -Storyline past E4 (similar to platinum somewhat)
    -A lot more good wifi features
    -Triple Battles
    -More wifi security types (well, this is mainly for the 3DS)
    -Good new moves for UU pokemon
    -More good type combos
    -Faster trades. (I think they've fixed this according to corocoro)

Years
    They fixed that somewhat in HGSS. I didn't have to drag forever to get to my HM's. But I agree with you.

I want:
    -Random LIVE wifi rooms
    -Wifi Rankings
    -Trainer Customization
    -Storyline past E4 (similar to platinum somewhat)
    -A lot more good wifi features
    -Triple Battles
    -More wifi security types (well, this is mainly for the 3DS)
    -Good new moves for UU pokemon
    -More good type combos
    -Faster trades. (I think they've fixed this according to corocoro)
    Yeah they fixed the trades is what I read too :). We have quite a few good new type combos :)

Volumknappen

Legendary Pokenoob
    Years
    All i ever wanted was character customization, and that we could obtain stuff for the character later in the games.

I'd also like if the games could be like "make your own story" RPG. So that we could make choices in-game that would change the story a bit. But i assume it's tradition to not have it that way?

Years
    All i ever wanted was character customization, and that we could obtain stuff for the character later in the games.

I'd also like if the games could be like "make your own story" RPG. So that we could make choices in-game that would change the story a bit. But i assume it's tradition to not have it that way?
    Yeah it is sadly tradition :(. I wanted to customize my character too but it doesn't seem like we will get that this gen...

Years
    • Seen today
    It's not exactly a feature, but different Poke Balls. Generation IV had some really cool ones. The Quick Ball and Dark Ball were awesome. Maybe a Poke Ball that increases in effectiveness based on the effectiveness of your Pokemon's types against the foe? (I.E. a Charizard vs. Parasect. Parasect is doubly weak to both of Charizard's types, so the ball would be extremely effective.)

Multiple save files would be nice.

Other than that... I'd like to have minor customization of Pokemon. Even something as simple as a ribbon tied to their foot would be nice.

I'd like to see the Battle Frontier to make a return.

...! I just thought of something else. Auto sorting of items and PC Boxes. You could sort items alphabetically or by effect. Pokemon could be sorted alphabetically, by type, or numerically. Of course, this could be toggled to what you want, or turned off.

I would like to see a really good AI.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I've sent Nintendo an idea where we would have the ability to turn off/on the effects of natures, abilities, EVs & IVs for the more casual player.
    I don't know if they even got the E-mail yet or not...
    (NOTE: I've sent the E-mail to Nintendo Power, hoping they'll forward it as I requested in the E-mail. So I do not know the E-mail of the Nintendo video-game making company.)

Although, maybe there should be a seperate setting to turn off/on abilities effects...

Yeah, there's a big chance they won't even noticed my E-mail, but I know something that'll get this feature into the game:

Sonic the Hedgehog made it onto SSBB because of the demands of fans worldwide, so I figure if enough people requested this feature, it'll make it's way onto the pokemon games.

However, I don't know if this would work in time for Black & White...

Me, I study the competitive side of pokemon, so the Natures, Abilities, EVs & IVs don't bother me, but I know there will be more casual players than hardcore... A friend of mine is one such player. (Psychic*Absol)
    So I pretty much want this feature for the sake of others.

Years
    I've sent Nintendo an idea where we would have the ability to turn off/on the effects of natures, abilities, EVs & IVs for the more casual player.
    I don't know if they even got the E-mail yet or not...
    (NOTE: I've sent the E-mail to Nintendo Power, hoping they'll forward it as I requested in the E-mail. So I do not know the E-mail of the Nintendo video-game making company.)

Although, maybe there should be a seperate setting to turn off/on abilities effects...

Yeah, there's a big chance they won't even noticed my E-mail, but I know something that'll get this feature into the game:

Sonic the Hedgehog made it onto SSBB because of the demands of fans worldwide, so I figure if enough people requested this feature, it'll make it's way onto the pokemon games.

However, I don't know if this would work in time for Black & White...

Me, I study the competitive side of pokemon, so the Natures, Abilities, EVs & IVs don't bother me, but I know there will be more casual players than hardcore... A friend of mine is one such player. (Psychic*Absol)
    So I pretty much want this feature for the sake of others.
    how would this effect the growth of a pokemon if it has no Ev,Iv's or nature calculated into it:\

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yeah we do need better moves for the UU pokemon :)

you have to remeber the pokemon who are in UU/NU because of bad movepools are in the minority. for the most part its because of bad stats/typing/ability or if there is another pokemon who does the same job but better. e.g miltank is outclassed by blissey

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Then we need better moves for those who have horrible move sets and items that increase the stats of the weak pokemon or evolutions to them :)

haha and generation 5 will forever be known as the generation that made gen 4 look like it had bearly eny evolutions :P

as for movesets please give flareon flare blits PLEASE!!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Here's my copypasta.

[/FONT]
    • Longer Story
    • More Rivals
    • More Wi-Fi Activities
    • Side-Quests

Agree on most of this, especially the anime styled Pokemon League. Would absolutely LOVE a tournament against randomly generated trainers in which we have to make our way up the league table to reach the top and become Champion, although I wouldn't say no to there being a final challenge waiting at the end of it. This would keep things fresh and interesting.

And since seeing the screenshots from the game's Live Caster, I kind of want to see anime styled cutscenes included in the game. I've always wanted the game's to be more cinematic and I always thought I wanted it to happen in-game, but with the DS's capabilities, I think it would be better for them to be anime styled if they were to be included. Sort of similar to how Professor Layton and Dragon Quest IX do things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back