• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Agree on most of this, especially the anime styled Pokemon League. Would absolutely LOVE a tournament against randomly generated trainers in which we have to make our way up the league table to reach the top and become Champion, although I wouldn't say no to there being a final challenge waiting at the end of it. This would keep things fresh and interesting.

And since seeing the screenshots from the game's Live Caster, I kind of want to see anime styled cutscenes included in the game. I've always wanted the game's to be more cinematic and I always thought I wanted it to happen in-game, but with the DS's capabilities, I think it would be better for them to be anime styled if they were to be included. Sort of similar to how Professor Layton and Dragon Quest IX do things.
    Yeah I want Anime styled cut scenes too like in KH...

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    how would this effect the growth of a pokemon if it has no Ev,Iv's or nature calculated into it:\
    I figure the growth will be based only on the pokemon's base stats (look up Smogon for more info)
    & when the setting for all this is back on, it'll adjust everything according to it's nature & IVs, & until this is back on, it doesn't gain any EVs. (If it already have them, it'll adjust with those factors inculded.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I figure the growth will be based only on the pokemon's base stats (look up Smogon for more info)
    & when the setting for all this is back on, it'll adjust everything according to it's nature & IVs, & until this is back on, it doesn't gain any EVs. (If it already have them, it'll adjust with those factors inculded.)
    Oh I see so it grows by a certain value each level :)

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    & I'm also in favor of Flareon having Flare Blitz & other pokemon having more moves if they have poor movepools & weaker pokemon having exculsive items that can turn them into powerhouses, (Of course, none of us want them to be TOO strong...)
    Evolvutions for those who needs them, (Luvdisc, Farfecth'd, Delibird, Sableye, Spinda, etc.)
    & above all....

NO MORE POINTLESS POKEMONS!!!
    In reply to Magmaruby & Aquashappire:
    Exactly that!

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    And another thing I'd like to see is reverting the fishing rod back to no tap, like Gen I and II. And by my count L & R are largely useless unless you enable them in options. Why not make those registered item slots?

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    First of all, I'm all in favour of balancing out Pokémon. I gues it, psuedo-legendaries are strong, but come on, don't be stingy to some genuinely awesome Pokémon!

RPG Elements

Spoiler:

Characters and Plot

Spoiler:

Okay I'm tired and my head hurts a little now...

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    y herd that tell b car,s in a part parked and a high way

Yawn, that meme is so 2007. Or was it 2006?

You know, I actually DON'T want full-on trainer customization. Maybe wireless/wi-fi, but in-game the PC sprite is fine for me. ...Unless we can change into other clothes that we already get in-game. How am I not able to change into the Super Contest/Pokeathlon clothes? Why not let me keep the Rocket uniform?

I also don't want that crappy Bag system from HGSS. That was awful. And the PC was cracked, too. So it's on the touch screen (and I can't check the natures of uncookedhatched eggs using little glitch ;_;), but I STILL can't drag and drop? It actually felt SLOWER than DPPt's PC system, god. Getting rid of Deposit/Withdraw for one simple Move option would be nice. And why can't I move Pokemon's items without having to go and select it from the first PC menu? The PC should have search and sort functions, (even though I could probably just look at the screen and figure it out,) too.

I also want item trade on wi-fi. WHAT? I wasted Earthquake already? NOOOOooooo! And a less broken, more free-form pokemon trading system. The GTS is just so wrecked, even in HGSS. I still keep getting the same three people every time. Not that I use GTS for actual 'trading' (I am not buying another DS system. Hell, I still have the vintage one.)

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't want another Pachirisu-type Pokemon, even though I think we already have one. Chiramii. Get the hell out of my game, you stupid chinchilla. At least evolve.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    I don't want another Pachirisu-type Pokemon, even though I think we already have one. Chiramii. Get the hell out of my game, you stupid chinchilla. At least evolve.

D= chiramii is awesome.....
    any hoooooo......
    i want an actual game corner!
    why did they put voltorb flip in anyway?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Getting rid of Deposit/Withdraw for one simple Move option would be nice. And why can't I move Pokemon's items without having to go and select it from the first PC menu? The PC should have search and sort functions, (even though I could probably just look at the screen and figure it out,) too.

I love these ideas. I'm always tempted to go to deposit or withdraw but yeah, mostly I use 'move' ooh, and the option to select more than one Pokemon in the box, though that might already be achievable and I'm not actually aware. D:

You did not just say that. D<

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    Battle Frontier.

Yeah, that's right. Break the mold, start a generation with a new frontier (no copy cats, either), don't wait for the third installment, I want a big one from the get-go. Add more facilities in the third version, but boy what ligaments I would donate for a brand new frontier. The sinnoh frontier was fine, drooled playing the Arcade and enjoyed the other facilities, but I don't honestly want to deal with a Battle Tower next year. Players have cracked the code with Choice Scarf Trick + Set-up, I want diversity from the get-go. However, that depends on what new moves and abilities are introduced, maybe it'll take us a while to expose the system / tower. :P

A frontier maniac can dream

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    What's bugged me for the longest time in Pokemon games was not being able to go to the other regions of the Pokemon world...seriously, they're there. The creators don't think we could get bored in just one region?

But I digress...other than that, I'd love to see character customization :D

Bay

Years
    What's bugged me for the longest time in Pokemon games was not being able to go to the other regions of the Pokemon world...seriously, they're there. The creators don't think we could get bored in just one region?

But I digress...other than that, I'd love to see character customization :D
    While it was fun for me to go back to Kanto in Gold and SoulSilver, at the same time I don't want another game where you can go back to another region. One of the things is when playing Gold and SoulSilver, I notice the wild Pokemon's levels are low in Kanto. There are times I would like to train for a bit, but my Pokemon are in high levels already and training would take forever. Another thing is I'm still a tad bothered Kanto was watered down, making routes shorter and such. I can understand that is to have the players go through Kanto slightly faster, but still. Lastly, at least for the Johto games and the remakes, there's nothing really interesting happening when you go to Kanto saved for going against Silver and Red.

If Black and White were to have a second part where you go back to another region, a few things I want are Pokemon that are slightly higher level, the region not watered down, and something actually happening (like the Sevii Islands in the FireRed/LeafGreen games).

As for me, I too would like the deposit/withdraw option out and just the move option come. Besides taking a while to either deposit or withdraw my Pokemon, I tend to push withdraw when I'm trying to deposit a Pokemon. I have butterfingers. D:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just want the Follow-Me Feature and some sort of trainer customization for the multiplayer avatars.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I just want the Follow-Me Feature to return.
    cause that was my favorite feature in HG/SS.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I know what I'd like to see:

Weather conditions not being narrated inbetween turns. It is especially irritating in double battles...have it happen all at once, so that it speeds up the battles. Please, oh please let it happen.

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
    Pokemon following you is a give-in, since HGSS implemented it so greatly, though from the gameplay we've all seen; no Mon's stalking you have been seen... so if it is ever implemented, we can assume you can turn it on/off.

Access to other regions would also be nice.

Though I'm basically repeating what everyone else is saying... It's still what I want -_-''

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back