• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch Updates

Years
  • From pokkentournament.com:

Improvements to Pokkén Tournament Are on the Way

Look for an update in early April to fix some issues in the Pokémon fighting game.

An update to Pokkén Tournament that will fix known issues is currently in development. This includes correcting the issue that enables Shadow Mewtwo to force opponents to continually block by using certain moves repeatedly. It will also adjust the battle balance of the Support Pokémon Reshiram. A few other bugs will be repaired in this "Ver. 1.2," as well.

Look forward to more fun Pokémon battling when the Pokkén Tournament update launches soon.

Haha, I didn't even know about the Shadow Mewtwo thing, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one who wants to try it out now before it's fixed!

Haven't really used or encountered Reshiram much so not sure what the deal is there either...?

Last edited:

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    In my experience, Reshiram deals a ridiculous amount of damage. Granted, Support Pokés can't know you out, and I haven't been playing as much lately, because March was such a crazy month for Nintendo releases and I'm trying to juggle them all, but I remember Reshiram's attack dealing almost as much as a Burst Attack once...!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Haven't really used or encountered Reshiram much so not sure what the deal is there either...?
    Insanely safe frame 1 move that deals a lot of damage/chip, can punish anything and has some ridiculous pushback on block.

No point picking disrupt assists when Reshiram does everything better on top of dealing as much as a raw super.

Years
  • Another patch is on it's way!

Version 1.3 is due for release on June 15th and includes balance updates for Lucario, Pikachu, Machamp, Gardevoir, Weavile, Suicune, Charizard, Gengar, Blaziken, Pikachu Libre, Sceptile, Chandelure, Braixen, Garchomp, Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo, Snivy, Croagunk, Magneton, Quagsire, Diglett, Yveltal, Latios and Cresselia.

Is this potentially good or bad news for you? Have you been wanting or expecting changes to these characters?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Changes to the whole roster? Wonder what they're going to do....hopefully the balance changes will be good and not fuck things up.

It's only 2 days away so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Years
  • I'm looking forward to the update! I'm really hoping they reduce the end-lag on a lot of Machamp's attacks... Why does he have to be so slow? :P

Also, as much as I like Shadow Mewtwo, I think they need to give him a slight nerf... Either that, or they need to give everyone else a buff.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm really hoping they reduce the end-lag on a lot of Machamp's attacks... Why does he have to be so slow? :P
    Idk, that's probably kind of the point. Machamp does fucktons of damage when it gets a hit in, so for that much reward there should be a appropriate amount of risk involved.

What I'm specifically hoping for in this patch is for Mewtwo to be nerfed so it's like.....not literally good at everything, and for Chandelure's Overheat to not be BS that beats out everything.

Oh, and to do something to Gengar. Something's not right about that 'mon but I can't put my finger on exactly what.....

Years
  • Idk, that's probably kind of the point. Machamp does ****tons of damage when it gets a hit in, so for that much reward there should be a appropriate amount of risk involved.

What I'm specifically hoping for in this patch is for Mewtwo to be nerfed so it's like.....not literally good at everything, and for Chandelure's Overheat to not be BS that beats out everything.

Oh, and to do something to Gengar. Something's not right about that 'mon but I can't put my finger on exactly what.....

Yeah, you're right about Machamp. It's just so annoying when I go up against a Pikachu Libre and don't get a single hit in.

Gengar seems like one of the few, very well balanced characters in the game. I haven't played as him too much, but he seems fine to me... What do you think is 'not right' about him? You think he's too strong/weak?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm glad they improved the hitbox on Garchomp's counter, it whiffing for no reason was getting really annoying. The change to it's Burst Attack is confusing though:
    We repaired an issue that forced opponents to block up to the third hit after blocking the first hit and increased the amount of block stun dealt to opponents that block the fourth hit

You aren't challenging Garchomp's Burst Attack between hits, so being forced to block the first 3 hits doesn't matter, and the 4th/last hit always results in a guard break, so I'm not sure how you increase blockstun on that......

Patch did some good things, though there's a few questionable choices and it didn't do everything I was hoping for, but you should never expect patches to go how you want.

Gengar seems like one of the few, very well balanced characters in the game. I haven't played as him too much, but he seems fine to me... What do you think is 'not right' about him? You think he's too strong/weak?
    Too strong. I can't really articulate why, but part of it at least is how it flies all over the fucking screen when it attacks (especially as Mega Gengar), making it a pain in the ass to even hit, so it's basically dodging everything while attacking. That and it's Burst Attack is stupid like Mewtwo's.

Or I'm just ass at fighting Gengar lol

Back