• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paul vs Ash

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
Pauls chimchar isnt from prof.Rowan becuase remember in the first episode that paul was eye to eye with ash Paul is like "From the looks of things you must be prof.Rowan" Which means he never went to the lab to get a pokemon from him he could of just caught it like for some reason starters are just flying around free in the anime so you never know.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
about the whole ten year old things for all the characters: It's stated already that Dawn is ten, but how? I'VE NEVER MET A TEN YEAR OLD WITH AS MUCH CHEST AS THE CREATORS GAVE MAY AND DAWN!!!!
There's no way that Paul is 10, or a beggining trainer, and i'd happilly sew the freakin pants of the pokemon company for letting ash get his ass kicked by a newby if the decide to sell the "He's a new trainer" crap to us!!!!!!!!!

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Thus my point. Everyone is going on and on about Ash being beaten by a n00b. Problem is, I don't think they've ever stated him being a new trainer. I'm fairly sure he is well experienced, and knows what he's doing. He's probably been training as long (if not longer by the looks of it) as Ash.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
May and Dawn, Girls devolope younger than boys.

Paul - 13 yrs old (I think).
Ash - 14 yrs old (by now). ~ By ten year logic he is 20 LOL!
Brock - 16/17 yrs old.

Chibaymega12

Years
ooooooooooooooh, so he's just trying to get other strong pokemon, taht clears evrything up, i knew he wasn't a starting trainer

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Shinji looks OLDER than Ash. There is no way he could have been ten. I mean really no ten year old is that bitter.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ugh.
Thats what I've never understood about Ash..
He starts over and lets all his really strong Pokemon go back to Oak's lab..
Thats why he lost to Shinji, it's not a lack of skill.
Naetoru probably wasn't even at level 10 when he fought with Shinji.

If Ash had kept his pervious Pokemon he would've wiped the floor with Shinji's little Hitokage.. -dislikes that monkey..thing- ><;

What ticks me off even more is the fact that Shinji is basically a begining trainer, whose never traveled before, the same as Hikari.
So what right does he have to talk down Ash, whose gotten all the badges from over 3 other regions?
If Shinji knew that.. I'd think he'd have more respect for him.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Uh Drew, yeah Shinji has. It was revealed this week in fact he has traveled as much as Ash. Hence his Torterra(His actual Starter) and his Weavile etc.

Chibaymega12

Years
yeah, all of Paul's battles, even the ones where he doesn't battle ash, piss me off, it makes ash looks like a beggining trainer with no clue

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
yeah, all of Paul's battles, even the ones where he doesn't battle ash, piss me off, it makes ash looks like a beggining trainer with no clue

Well, yeah i agree with you, but Ash has this thing where every region he goes, he has to start over with pikachu, and leave his pokemon back home, and for some reason ash's pikachu always keeps getting power down, i mean he should at least over lv80's, but no, its like every region, it goes back down to 20's its ridiculous, pikachu should own, everyone. If he kept his pokemon including charizard, sceptile, and any of his other ubers, he could probably have all eight badges in sinnoh with in the first 2 mouths of the series, and show it up in front of paul's face.

Chibaymega12

Years
Yeah, if ash had done half of the training with pikachu in the Johto and Kanto season's as he did with any of his other pokemon, pikachu would be the only pokemon he'd need, and would probably be able to destroy the world!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Yeah, if ash had done half of the training with pikachu in the Johto and Kanto season's as he did with any of his other pokemon, pikachu would be the only pokemon he'd need, and would probably be able to destroy the world!

Heck even after all the trouble though Hoenn, Battle Frontier, and now Sinnoh, pikachu should be at lv.96

Chibaymega12

Years
actually, i think taht he's above taht, in one of the episodes, one of the team rocket groups(dont think it was J and J) did a level test on it and it read over 9000, think it was in Johto or Kanto

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well you'll never know what the directors might do Paul, they might do even the "unthinkable." And that could mean many things.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
I gotta admit, I fell into the 'He's New' trap also and immediately assumed he's a new Trainer. I just love the fact that Ash finally has a Rival that's actually a prick and not just a wannabe Seifer.

Still, it's ruined because Cynthia beats him before Ash does. The worst thing you can do in an ongoing series is have someone else beat the hero's Rival before he does. Because it defeats the purpose of having a Rival and renders the hero's upcoming victory against him meaningless.

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Years
i didn't auto matically think he was a new trainer, but once i read serebii's crap about"he's a starting trainer" i was kinda pulled to that side

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Ash should be able to beat Paul. Pikachu has to be at least level 80 by now. And Chimchar isn't even very strong. It's best move is flame wheel for God's sakes.

Back