• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC back in the day

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    This is so true. I wish I could elaborate more on Misty's disappearance but that topic doesn't belong here. If you don't mind we can talk about it over VM? (:

Well if you want, fine. Some people spent their entire teenage years and into their early/mid 20's obsessing over Misty in the anime and her departure, etc. I can't imagine what life must have been like for those people. Perhaps they got way too attached to a fictional cartoon character for their own good.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    As others have mentioned, there was more hostility and exclusivity. At the same time it was a pretty magical time period from 2006-2008 where many of the members who were around during that time are still remembered today by those of us who have returned/those that never left. I would say the forums have gotten a lot nicer and there are a lot more tools for new users to get situated to the forums. But it was fun back then I'll admit.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i'd also like to give a shoutout to mewthree wherever they may be in life

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The early days for me (2006 was when I got really into it) was all about Mixed Community Groups. All of my early friends (two of which I still talk to now) were in these clubs. The altaria and typhlosion club was the most random pairing of Pokémon but we loved it. There was a plusle and minun club that kept on getting yelled at by Kylie-Chan at the time no clue what her username is here. There was a dude who was super dodgy and I think he got banned but that was in the gold silver crystal club. He was trying to get members to play his rom hack. Then we had a club for every single type and it didn't really achieve anything. The cool club back in the day was the dragonair or Arcanine clubs iirc? You wanted to look good in those clubs because the cool people joined them. One of our own joined the DCC and we thought he was evil. Until two of us went there and eventually got told to stop posting so much. :') good old early days.

I have screens hots of PC from 2007-2010 if anyone wants to see them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    i'd also like to give a shoutout to mewthree wherever they may be in life

Nice person, though not the most effective leader haha.

Who remembers when people got banned, it said "Booted Out - Don't be like me". That was awesome.

Back