• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Plays Pokkén - Info & Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • PC Plays Pokkén!

Friendly

Community VS Code for Friendly Matches

List of threads from users searching for battles

Community Fight Night - Date to be confirmed.

League

Currently in development.

Tournament

Active: Partner Tourney

Please feel welcome to use this thread if you have an event or thread to add or if you have any questions or suggestions!

Original Post:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I definitely like the idea of having our own little PC Pokken League with a ranking system, and tournaments is always a good idea.

Getting matches streamed and/or recorded would sound good to me too (would be another little thing for SMT's Youtube branch to do), though not everyone can do that and this game lacks a match recording and upload feature like Smash Wii U does (really wish Pokken had that).

How exactly do VS codes work though? I'm not terribly familiar with the game's online mode yet (just about 2 dozen random friendlies really) so.....

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • I definitely like the idea of having our own little PC Pokken League with a ranking system, and tournaments is always a good idea.

Getting matches streamed and/or recorded would sound good to me too (would be another little thing for SMT's Youtube branch to do), though not everyone can do that and this game lacks a match recording and upload feature like Smash Wii U does (really wish Pokken had that).

How exactly do VS codes work though? I'm not terribly familiar with the game's online mode yet (just about 2 dozen random friendlies really) so.....

From what I can gather... The VS code seems to be a sort of "Private server" where you can only battle other people using the same code. At least, that's what it looks like to me. :P

But yeah, I'd be down with this. Rankings and Tournaments sound awesome! I'd be glad to help out! I don't have a capture card though, and I'm going on a trip in a few days so I'll be gone for like 4 or more days. :(

Years
  • Yep that's pretty much it, you can make up a VS Code using letters, numbers or special characters up to eight characters in length and then when you search for battles you only get matched with someone who has entered the same code. So you can create a code and share it with only one person or share it with loads of people.

For example, if we all entered #PCPLAYS (or a code we agree on) then we would only get matched with people from PokeCommunity.

We could also maybe have weekly Pokken nights or something when everyone's free and online at the same time?

With the League, how many match-ups do you think we should have per week or month? Should we have an all-time ranking board or reset it after a period or both?

Reactions: Nah

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I would be so up for this. Having a league would be awesome.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We could also maybe have weekly Pokken nights or something when everyone's free and online at the same time?

With the League, how many match-ups do you think we should have per week or month? Should we have an all-time ranking board or reset it after a period or both?
    Weekly Pokken nights might work (best to do on the weekend), though our Pokken playerbase is also a little small right now so it might be a bit hard to do?

As for a ranking board, having both an overall/all-time one and one that resets every so often would be best imo.

Years
  • Sounds good!

How about we settle on a community code and promote that and have some fun with friendlies and in the mean time work out the details for the league with the aim to start it on May 1st?

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Sounds good. if we can set up a vs code then as long as there are a couple of people who are up for a friendly, then it makes it a lot easier to get it done.

Years
  • I had an idea about looking for matches and stuff... Either a thread in the forum where people could check in if they were online with Pokken or if they knew they were going to be later and wanted to arrange matches or perhaps even a room on the Battle Server so people can instantly see how many are online and easily chat whilst playing.

(Edit: I've added the code in my sig but that doesn't mean I'm not open to it changing!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmm, the latter wouldn't be a bad idea but considering that type of battling is completely different from Pokkén, I don't quite think it fits. I think a thread detailing the VS code and how to get matches in the league would be cool, though!

But, how is this going to be different from finding a regular match on here? Either with or without using the VS Code it'll be with a PC user, right? It might be worth looking at the PokéCommunity League and seeing some ideas they've got going so we can try to make it as much like a league as possible. Again, different type of battling but I'm sure some concepts could transfer over fairly well.

This is just for Friendly Matches, the League would be a separate entity with it's own rules and schedules and stuff. But yeah, a stickied thread explaining what the code is and how to use it would be awesome.

Last edited:

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Well I am on and up for some matches if anyone is online. Also I assume that the vs. code needs the # to be included right?

Years
  • Well I am on and up for some matches if anyone is online. Also I assume that the vs. code needs the # to be included right?

Ah sorry I missed you, dude! Did you get any matches? Yep need the hashtag and all caps. I'm on now for maybe an hour if anyone's about!

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Ah sorry I missed you, dude! Did you get any matches? Yep need the hashtag and all caps. I'm on now for maybe an hour if anyone's about!

Didn't get any at the time, lol. If you're still around I'm game for a few before I head off.

Years
  • Didn't get any at the time, lol. If you're still around I'm game for a few before I head off.

Dang, I'm heading off to bed now :( Catcha tomorrow maybe? I see we're the same time zone. Most likely times for me to play online are late afternoon or after 10pm. Will keep an eye on here as much as poss though and will also post if I know I'm going to be on for a while!

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Sounds good, I will try to catch you probably tomorrow evening since I'm going to bed myself hah.

Years
  • Right! So I think Friendly Matches/PC VS Code has been sorted! ^^

Time to determine the League!

8 people have confirmed interest so far which is decent.

I have a few ideas in my head, though writing them out coherently may be problematic! {XD}

First of all some general notes/suggestions:
    Players would be responsible for scheduling their own matches and use either NNIDs or one off unique VS Codes.
    To prove results both players would post a screenshot of their battle stat screen after completing their battles.
    We could have a members directory which displayed usernames, game names, time zones etc and display a current rank badge and any trophies or such won.
    Emblems could be awarded for participation and achievements.

I like the idea of having an all-time board and a monthly or seasonal board.
    I think everyone should battle everyone else a set amount of times each month. Enough to keep it interesting but not too much so that it becomes a chore. The number would depend on the number in the League.
    Points could be earned through participation and wins and bonus points for placing in the monthly board or any special events.
    Reaching a set amount of points increases your rank like in the games.

As for the type of League I'm not sure yet. I don't have any experience of being in one so it's all theoretical to me!
    It could be as simple as a set amount of normal battles per month or there could be a different format each month, for example, mirror matches, no burst, no support or a random Pokemon generated for you etc. Or a combination of both.
    I also like the idea of knock-outs but maybe that could be saved for Tourneys?

So that's pretty much all I've got for now, I'd love to add your ideas to the list! If you've played in Leagues before what did you like or dislike about them?

Train On! ^^

Edit: Oh! Or similar to the Ferrum League being made up of the Red League, Chroma League etc the PokeCommunity League could be made of separate Leagues too! We could have a Mirror League, a Random League and I can't think of names for the others right now! So no monthly boards or anything but a board for each themed League and there could still be an overall board. It could then be up to the member as to how many they sign-up too. They could do all or one or switch around. Maybe you'd have to commit to your choice for at least a month.

Edit: To add to above edit, the Leagues could be named after different user group colours like the league for normal battles could be the Purple League after Battle Server Staff and then we could have Green from Social Media, Blue from Moderators, Orange from Daily and Crystal to represent a Supporter colour etc.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Normal battles would be best for primary league matches since that's what everyone is used to and those are best for ranking purposes. Stuff like ditto matches, no Synergy Burst battles, no support, etc would be better as side events in the league. If you look at PCL in Battling and Team-Building it's like that. The sort of "main event" matches are always OU (the standard format), but there's a number of side events like team-building competitions or a LC tourney or something, which help to give people stuff to do and does still contribute to a clan's points, albeit somewhat less than the usual OU tourney matches.

I do like having a lettered ranking system for the ranking board like in the actual game. Just so long as we keep a tally of everyone's wins/losses so it can be numerically ordered within each level. Would probably need to make the number of points gotten per win be weighted too. Beating a player (significantly) above you in rank should net you more points than beating someone at or below you in rank. I kinda would like to handle the rankings thread if no one minds.

Idk if we need to have a bunch of separate leagues like in Pokken though.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I am definitely interested in a league-type deal for Pokkén. I don't really have any suggestions for how to do it or whatnot but just confirming my interest.

Years
  • Would we go down in rank as well as up too?
    How would weighting work? Would it change all the time or periodically? Like would we only change ranks after a month say?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Would we go down in rank as well as up too?
    How would weighting work? Would it change all the time or periodically? Like would we only change ranks after a month say?
    Yeah, you'd be able to go both up and down. Seems better to me that way. I'd prefer if it (the all-time/overall one anyway) was to be updated all the time. Weighting I was thinking could just be based on the difference in ranks. If you win/lose to someone of the same rank, you get +/-1 point. If you win/lose vs someone 3 ranks higher/lower than you, you get +/-4 points. Idk if that's a great way to do it or not, it's just an idea I had.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back