• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Asch_R2

The Power Within
Years
  • This may not be the place for this but when is the next PC Wifi Tournament as i need a deadline so i can have a team ready.
    Please PM me with info so this dosen't clog up this thread.

Karsen

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Me and Law07 will have our battle sometime tonight, so i will post our result when we have finished.

We had a good battle but i won it in the end.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Ah, quite a bit of questions for me to answer:

I think what should happen is set up the second round bracket with everyone that's in, leaving open spots for the winners of the newly made first round matches. After of course, you dump out all the no-shows..heh. Then some second round matches can get underway while we finish the first round, so we're not waiting for much.
    I think I'll make a Round 1.5, allowing everyone who won a battle in Round One to skip. So this means I'll include anyone winning by default, in addition to Samson.

I carry that motion, as it's obvious a lot of peoples just won't be turning up. And one more thing, are you allowed to change your team between rounds, or do you have to use the same 6 pokemon throughout the whole tournament?
    You can use different Pokemon in each battle, yes.

Can I go ahead and get paired up with someone else, then? The last time that me and beast1678 were online at the same time, he took off after I sent him a PM.
    I'll give the beast a chance. I'll pair you up with someone else if nothing happens before the 24th.

Would there be any way I could be in this tournament since there aren't many challengers?

A friend suggested I should try this. >_>
    Sorry, you're going to have to wait for the next one. I've already turned down a quarter-dozen people, heh.

This may not be the place for this but when is the next PC Wifi Tournament as i need a deadline so i can have a team ready.
    Please PM me with info so this dosen't clog up this thread.
    It'll be roughly two months after the current one ends. My guess is somewhere between Halloween and the American Thanksgiving. And it'll be the first tournament that I can actually participate in! :D

EDIT: That's when I think this one'll end. Not when the next will begin. That'll be in December, most likely.

I hate Starmie's so much...

Oh well, looks like I wont be a semi-finalist this time round...
    You realize you have a free continue, as you were one of the semi-finalists from the 1st tournament? :D

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Haha well I guarantee your not the only one. I'm looking forward to a round 1.5 now, I can actually test my skill. Hopefully some of those matches do really finish this week..

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • Alakazam I'm new to the forums but I'd definately like the chance to enter this tournament. I've noticed there are many people advancing merely because their opponent never showed up. Can I still join, I feel I am a good battler ready for the challenge. Also I heard the next tourney won't be until october. Would you please consider me for some sort of extra slot?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • dude....u were up at like 2 am? wow.... u REALY need 2 do something...

Hah, no I couldn't sleep when I went to bed at midnight, so I got up and rounded my usual websites and just felt like saying something here. I'm rarely up past 1.

Oh and Alakazam, I can totally vouch for Alex right here if that helps to snag him a spot, haha. Just don't put him up against me yet!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    That's rather lame, the first tournament had few participants and most of them were loafers who didn't play a single match. What happens when, in the final, someone from the semis on loses, and then comes back on their continue to win the tournament? You'll get egg on your face, that's what happens when. You're assuming that experience should preside over actual skill.

Revoke this nonsense idea, the majority of players this tournament had nothing to do with the previous, and giving arbitrary privilege to former contenders is dumb.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    That's rather lame, the first tournament had few participants and most of them were loafers who didn't play a single match.

And what about those who did? They... won matches.

What happens when, in the final, someone from the semis on loses, and then comes back on their continue to win the tournament? You'll get egg on your face, that's what happens when. You're assuming that experience should preside over actual skill.

No... I think we're assuming that skill shown previously should factor into this round's standings.

Revoke this nonsense idea, the majority of players this tournament had nothing to do with the previous, and giving arbitrary privilege to former contenders is dumb.

Revoke this nonsense statement, it isn't like anybody from the previous tournament is allowed a pass - just semi-finalists and up, and arguing a harmless rule is dumb.

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Alakazam117, if Narutonoor said he'd give the win to me, does that mean I win automatically?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I think a better rule for the semi-finalists of last tournament was to just let them into round 2 automatically; it seems kind of unfair to a certain perspective that even if Law, Aragorn etc. lose they still get to go on. However, I have no real problem with it especially considering Alakazam won't change the rules anyway. Haha.

Besides, this just means the rest of us will have to work harder to beat them!

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • yeah it doesn't really make sense. Just becasue they beat the participants in the last tournament doesn't mean they are better than thew ones in this one

Back