• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Official Monthly League of Legends Tournament! (Round III Match-Ups!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Edit: Also, I believe I should mention this. For the future matches both players should rotate which side they will be on after every match, if you guys aren't already doing it. I played Purple both matches. It wasn't a bother for me when I was playing Brand. But when I was playing Jayce, it was harder for me to gauge on where Varus actually was since the HUD was obstructing my view. Free Camera can also be finicky sometimes as well.
    Do you use the locked camera? If so I definitely suggest trying to break that habit, it'll improve your playing a lot when you get used to playing with it unlocked - similarly learning to use smart cast (pressing the ability key whilst your cursor is over a target instantly uses the spell without left-clicking to confirm) will be a big help if you don't currently, they're both really small things which end up making a very large impact on your performance in a short space of time. I can't begin to tell you how big a difference it made for my win ratio as an adc on the purple side after learning to use the unlocked camera haha. Also you can choose in the options menu to make your HUB menus smaller if you need more space so that's something else you could try there, but alternating sides between matches definitely wouldn't be a bad idea at all in case some people aren't used to unlocked camera etc. Personally I don't really notice a difference regardless of which side I'm playing on so I've never thought of playing purple as being a disadvantage, but if some people do then I'm all for it!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Do you use the locked camera? If so I definitely suggest trying to break that habit, it'll improve your playing a lot when you get used to playing with it unlocked - similarly learning to use smart cast (pressing the ability key whilst your cursor is over a target instantly uses the spell without left-clicking to confirm) will be a big help if you don't currently, they're both really small things which end up making a very large impact on your performance in a short space of time. I can't begin to tell you how big a difference it made for my win ratio as an adc on the purple side after learning to use the unlocked camera haha. Also you can choose in the options menu to make your HUB menus smaller if you need more space so that's something else you could try there, but alternating sides between matches definitely wouldn't be a bad idea at all in case some people aren't used to unlocked camera etc.
    Oh, I know the benefits of the of having an unlocked camera and I do alternate between the two. But most of the time it doesn't really bother me, but for certain champions I find it better having a locked camera. I actually do have my HUD at it's smallest, but it's still an eyesore when it covers essentially the bottom part of the screen. It's just a minor nitpick of mine, and I believe most people feel more comfortable being on the blue side, since a lot people's eyes typically want to gravitate upwards where there is more "room".

But yeah, there were actually statistics. Blue side does have a one percent win ratio higher than purple iirc. Not the biggest of difference, but it's still worth noting that there is one.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • Finished my matches with Logiedan, I lost 0-2, but fun matches!

Karma (Logiedan) vs. Vayne (Heir)
    Singed (Logiedan) vs. Maokai (Heir)​

That Karma vs. Vayne match was INTENSE, and I just got wrecked in the Singed vs. Maokai. Good luck to everyone in the finals and semi finals!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Lost 2-1 to Sanguinius. Definitely thought I had a shot in the last match once I started being able to kill you easily, but I couldn't really compete with Trist's pushing powers. Also I suck at hitting Braum ults :D

Jax (Sanguinius) vs. Twisted Fate (Olli)
    Garen (Olli) vs. Zac (Sanguinius)
    Tristana (Sanguinius) vs. Braum (Olli)​

Years
  • Great games, Heir! That Karma vs. Vayne match was definitely intense, it was a matchup I felt I was going to lose. I'm confirming the games but I'll also give a little run-down for those who were thinking how Vayne lost in this matchup.

For those who don't know, Karma does an insane amount of burst with her Mantra + Q. Knowing this fact from the beginning of the matchup already helps me considering marksman champions (AD Carries) are usually very squishy against AP burst. Therefore the Q was going to be my main priority to max out and poke with. However, keep in mind that I'm going up against a Vayne so it would be self-beneficial when we are in a fight to Mantra + W her because it grants vision (since Vayne gets invisibility through her ult tumble) and it also heals me while Vayne is DPSing me.

In this particular match, I believe I played it almost to perfect. In the early game I was able to get Heir low enough so he would be afraid to get caught by my Q and give me first blood. I used this fear to my advantage to consistently push as he stays back. I wouldn't try to kill him but make him think I am; this strategy helped me get both turrets before our first deaths. After this, Heir realized he needed to suicide in order to buy items since we both had an insane amount of gold in hand. After his suicide and mine, the game kind of snowballed in my direction since I was able to zone him out of minions earlier and was able to afford more items than he could.

If I remember correctly here was my build process:
    Catalyst + Pots -> RoA + Boots + Zhonya's -> Void Staff -> Deathcap

I knew I needed some health despite Vayne building a Blade of Ruined King, so I opted for Rod of Ages. Zhonya's was for the armour to support the health and invincibility active for potential outplays. Void Staff because Heir begun to to build some magic resist (Mercurial Scimitar) and obviously Deathcap for the AP boost and burst potential.

Looking forward to the next games. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Lost 2-1 to Sanguinius. Definitely thought I had a shot in the last match once I started being able to kill you easily, but I couldn't really compete with Trist's pushing powers. Also I suck at hitting Braum ults :D

Jax (Sanguinius) vs. Twisted Fate (Olli)
    Garen (Olli) vs. Zac (Sanguinius)
    Tristana (Sanguinius) vs. Braum (Olli)​
    I spectated these matches and the first two were pretty funny stomps either way, both bad match-ups respectively but very well played by both winners. The last match however was pretty annoying to watch, Braum played incredibly well and countered/killed Tristana very well whilst Tristana was making bad engages and messing up pretty often, and yet Tristana could just push the towers down regardless with Braum not being able to do a thing about it after she's dead from his awful waveclear. Even Sunfire and Hydra didn't give enough clear to compete with Tristana's E passive and her natural ability to push, so yeah, that was an irritating match to watch and Braum really should've had the win based on how well he played, but otherwise the games were all great fun to view!

Sanguinius

Lt. Ral
    Years
  • I spectated these matches and the first two were pretty funny stomps either way, both bad match-ups respectively but very well played by both winners. The last match however was pretty annoying to watch, Braum played incredibly well and countered/killed Tristana very well whilst Tristana was making bad engages and messing up pretty often, and yet Tristana could just push the towers down regardless with Braum not being able to do a thing about it after she's dead from his awful waveclear. Even Sunfire and Hydra didn't give enough clear to compete with Tristana's E passive and her natural ability to push, so yeah, that was an irritating match to watch and Braum really should've had the win based on how well he played, but otherwise the games were all great fun to view!

Thanks for your reasoned analysis. Next time I realize I can't win a 1v1 fight straight up, I'll make sure to just surrender instead of adjusting my strategy, playing back, poking and manipulating creep waves to win. Because as you so accurately point out, I just don't deserve to win in that situation. >_>

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I wasn't trying to say you played badly or anything, only that Braum played exceptionally well haha. That's the folly of random matches, some match-ups just won't be winnable due the nature of the competition, it's not your fault for getting a good match :p You played outstandingly well in the Jax match-up and you held your own against Garen, but you can't deny Braum out-played you a tad in the last match (until the famous missed ultimate ;p). Most notable was Braum's perfectly timed ultimate when you turret dived him, that was a shock haha. I'm really not trying to imply you played badly or that you don't deserve to win and I'm sorry that it came off that way, it is an ARAM competition after all and pushing down a base against a CC tank that can all-in you takes a lot of skill, but in that match Braum played exceedingly well against the odds which was a shame to see go to waste against Trist's natural pushing powers. I realise my wording before was a tad harsh haha, apologies!

As a side note, I found the choice of AP Trist interesting against a champ that can easily block 2/3rds of her burst after Banshee's with his shield, what was the reasoning there? I'm guessing a mixture of E-poke and stronger wave clear to push down the towers quicker before Braum stacked too much bulk, but I can't say I'm a great Trist player so I'm interested to see your choice haha.

Last edited:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I missed it... Damn.

Oh well, I don't even think I have 16 champs, including the free ones O.o
    Only champs I've bought are Jax, Riven, Rengar, and Teemo (Don't ask. I got bored.)

Riven and Rengar are my mains! Love them both to death. Especially full AD Rengar. ONESHOT COMBO FOR DAYS. Kind of a dick move, but it wins, so I don't really care.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Alright, here we go:

Round 3:

Major Ziggs vs. Sanguinius vs. Logiedan

How this will work, is that you guys will face each other at least once, or in other words, Logiedan has to face off against Major Ziggs & Sanguinius, and Major Ziggs has to face off against Sanguinius. It doesn't matter the order!

What does matter is that, whom ever can have 2 wins in a row first will officially win, and the other two will face one last time to see who get's 2nd and 3rd place. And from this point, the matches will all be sudden death - meaning just one match will decide to win.

I hope this is okay with you guys, and if you have any questions or concerns, you can ask on this thread! Good luck. :]

Years
  • Sorry if this is obvious, but basically after the first rounds it's winner versus winner right?

Kind of confused when it comes to 3-man bracket. T_T

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think we all fight each other once and whoever wins both of their matches wins the tournament (and I guess it resets if no one wins both matches?), then the two people who didn't win will have one final match for 2nd & 3rd place?

Good luck to both of you but based on our ranked tiers I'm expecting this to be over pretty quickly for me XD I'm online from around 2 PM to 2 AM UK time so hopefully we can get these done soon when you guys are on :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Just played against Sanguinius for the final, very well played by him and very badly played by me!

Hecarim (Major Ziggs) vs. Darius (Sanguinius)​

Hopefully Logie will be on soon to finish up :)

Edit: Lost to Logie too, was a fun game but he out-played me very hard haha.

Veigar (Major Ziggs) vs. Lee Sin (Logiedan)​

Good luck to both of you for the win!

Edit #2: Lost the runner-up match against Sanguinius, fun game and very deserved win. (Context: Logie won his final vs. Sang!)

Twitch (Major Ziggs) vs. Aatrox (Sanguinius)​

Last edited:

Sanguinius

Lt. Ral
    Years
  • Confirming everything from Major Ziggs' post. For the final round, I beat Ziggs, Logiedan beat Ziggs, and Logiedan beat me. I then beat Ziggs in the 2nd place match. So Logiedan takes 1st, I'm 2nd, and Ziggs is 3rd.

Was fun you guys! gG wp to all the contestants, and especially to Logiedan and Ziggs. Looking forward to doing another one of these tournaments in the future.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Congrats to Logiedan! Well done indeed! <33 Aw, and congrats to Sang and Ziggs for 2nd and 3rd respectively! Great work!

I'm going to PM your LoL prizes tomorrow, so, just stay on the look out for that! And emblems will come soon! Thanks for participating guys, and I hope that you'll look forward to future LoL tournaments to come. C:

If you guys have any suggestions for a type of LoL tournament, just say so!

Sanguinius

Lt. Ral
    Years
  • What I think would be fun would be to do something similar to the "Best ___ NA" tournaments. Like, Best Riven PC or Best Lee Sin PC. Champion doesn't really matter, it could be whatever you want, or people could vote on it. But I think that'd be pretty cool, and on the plus side it's auto-balanced since everyone plays the same champion

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What I think would be fun would be to do something similar to the "Best ___ NA" tournaments. Like, Best Riven PC or Best Lee Sin PC. Champion doesn't really matter, it could be whatever you want, or people could vote on it. But I think that'd be pretty cool, and on the plus side it's auto-balanced since everyone plays the same champion
    I really like this idea, sounds like a lot of fun to me as long as there's decent time beforehand to learn/practice the champions. It'll really be a test of how good you are which sounds very interesting.

A tournament I think sounds fun would be a 2v2 tournament where people sign up in pairs and you can choose any champs you want (maybe each duo has to pick champs to fit a certain theme?), then it's just first to take the nexus in Howling Abyss (or Treeline but Abyss is usually more fun for 2v2s). Simple but fun, as long as we can get enough people playing to warrant playing in pairs. I'd also like to see Crystal Scar used as that map is pretty neglected, but short of ridiculously long two-people Dominion or Hide n' Seek games I can't imagine what we'd do on it haha.

Back