• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's worst areas?

Years
    Some areas are great to visit when you're in need of a laugh... for the wrong reasons. :D

D/P/Pt, HGSS, Pokemon General, Emulation, more specifically, hacking.

I tell you what, Strategies and Movesets was pretty bad back in the day. That was a long time ago, though. Now all the trolls give up when they see Dark_Azelf is better at it than them. Jks, we <3 U Ginger. :P

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    well i would have to say some of their mods. *glares at Abercrombie* they pick the some of the meanest and worst mods, its not even funny. sorry mods but its true, you can be a bit very mean and dont do a good job of what u r told to do. i just needed to speak for some of our members out there that feel the same way.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    well i would have to say some of their mods. *glares at Abercrombie* they pick the some of the meanest and worst mods, its not even funny. sorry mods but its true, you can be a bit very mean and dont do a good job of what u r told to do. i just needed to speak for some of our members out there that feel the same way.

There aren't a whole lot of people that feel that way. Moderators are usually selected well; they know what they're doing, at least. Some have attitudes, but hey, that's life. Deal.

Anyways, to be on topic, I'd have to say the 4th gen forums would be the worst. Emulation (particularly the Scrapbox) would take second because I haven't been to Pixel Art in like a month. I can usually tell what a majority of the posts will be before even reading a thread.. "Great job on the hack!" "When iz there a beta? I can't find the download button" "I can help with maeking banners?" "where is the download" "THIS IS MY FAVORITE HACK EVUR"

It's sort of.. annoying.

Zet

Years
    We have to be mean so people learn from their mistakes

CQ&F is the most horrible place to have ever been born on PC

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    There aren't a whole lot of people that feel that way. Moderators are usually selected well; they know what they're doing, at least. .

yeah when i see it i will believe it. I already have about 184 members in my group that feel that way and i started it yesterday. trust me, PC isnt as enjoyable as it used to be with all these mods wit this attitude that says " If I dont like you, you shall get reported!" or something like this "im a mod, so that means i can control you and u have to do everything i say" well mods like these are pathetic..like Abercrombie for example...pathetic excuse for a mod. its rediculous...PC is just known or the worst mods I have ever seen.

EASE OFF MODS!

We have to be mean so people learn from their mistakes

Im tired of the excuses. listen, what if you had started a thread and a mod closed it because it has already been posted in a different form and its not asking the same exact question from somebody else like 4 months ago and reports you for that. or if someone locks a thread because ur not asking a question. like wtf has happened to PC? Im going to contact the admins about this and see what they say and show them my group when i get more members. one of them said that if it happens again then give them the name of the mod and the problem they have caused you. im prepared if any mod wants to lock a thread for a stupid reason like one of those.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    yeah when i see it i will believe it. I already have about 184 members in my group that feel that way and i started it yesterday. trust me, PC isnt as enjoyable as it used to be with all these mods wit this attitude that says " If I dont like you, you shall get reported!" or something like this "im a mod, so that means i can control you and u have to do everything i say" well mods like these are pathetic..like Abercrombie for example...pathetic excuse for a mod. its rediculous...PC is just known or the worst mods I have ever seen.

EASE OFF MODS!

Im tired of the excuses. listen, what if you had started a thread and a mod closed it because it has already been posted in a different form and its not asking the same exact question from somebody else like 4 months ago and reports you for that. or if someone locks a thread because ur not asking a question. like wtf has happened to PC? Im going to contact the admins about this and see what they say and show them my group when i get more members. one of them said that if it happens again then give them the name of the mod and the problem they have caused you. im prepared if any mod wants to lock a thread for a stupid reason like one of those.

A word of advice: Chill...It's a pokemon forum. And no matter how many people you get in your group, it won't really accomplish anything, since you're essentially insulting the higher staff by saying that they've chosen bad mods. You obviously have no idea how PC works =/

Annnnnnyway, back on topic: DPP, Emulation, and all the random forums like Other Cards and and General Pokemon Gaming are pretty bad areas in my opinion. It's probably just because I have no idea how Emulation works though, lol.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years

EASE OFF MODS!

I like that part of your profile. It really makes your "PC isn't as enjoyable as it used to be" complaint look real nice.

And geez, their attitudes shouldn't be saying "If I dont like you, you shall get reported!". The attitudes should be implying "If I don't like you, you shall get banned!". So clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about. D=

This is what I say: learn to type, learn that a Pokemon forum isn't srs bsns, and learn that whiny little posts like this will get you nowhere.

ANYWAYS. The worst part of PC is the higher staff forums, because I actually have to actively contribute. ;.; Aha kidding, I really hate the D/P/Pt and Wifi forums for obvious reasons.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    The hacking section. It's filled with people who don't know what the hell they're doing, and when they mess up they won't shut up about it.

It's called a backup, srsly.

It's also because about 97% of the population in that section likes to mutilate the English language. It's... it's painful to try to understand what the hell they are saying sometimes.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My, my. Drama queen, are we?

Boo-hoo. I locked a thread that didn't belong in my forum and you didn't like my decision. Cry me a river, it's the end of the world. And if you can't deal with getting yelled at for you doing something stupid, don't do it at all. I'll give you a lollipop if you shut up about it already, though. Maybe that will make you feel better?

That said, the same comment can be said back. Some members these days are just pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Fourth gen, Emulation and OT comes to mind when I think of spammy forums.
    A lot of the posts I read from those three tend to be spammy.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    RP section. It's on the wrong side of the tracks.

As much I'm sure you enjoyed making that cryptic little statement, I'd like to hear you elaborate on that. I certainly don't recall seeing more than a scant few cases of people misbehaving (biggest of which was one person thread reviving and another double posting) during my last whole section sweep of every active thread, so if you are going to suggest that there's that much spam then I'm going to have to ask that you point it out to me. ^^

yeah when i see it i will believe it. I already have about 184 members in my group that feel that way and i started it yesterday.

I see no group here and the only one who seems to be complaining about it is you. Would the coalition of the willing please step forward? :D

That being said, worst section...

...well, S&M used to be my stock answer, but they've cleaned up their act since the big trolls moved on to Smogon. Now it's just icky cliques instead.

CQ&F: Always a mess; comes with the territory. It's where all the clueless people and the mini-mods love to go. :\

New Users/Welcome: sorry, but...I find the idea of a sectionful of threads that all amount to the same thing (and x amount of people posting practically identical replies to each) deeply disturbing and my sympathy goes out to Drew for actually having to deal with the inanity.

Other Trivia: The Count To Infinity. That is all I'll say.

ROM Hacking: No offense to the literate, knowledgeable hackers who I know are in there somewhere, but most people I've seen here could do with reading up on basic grammar.

Any given pokémon game section: People - mostly the clueless variety - feel obligated to mention anything and everything here. Many could do with browsing the section before starting a new thread too.

Pokémon General: ...I kind of get the same vibe as from the game sections, really.

...and I think that's it? Listed many because it's hard to call a definite worst.

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    THE TRADING WI-FI SECTION!
    SO FULL OF NOOBS. D<
    Just kidding.

I'll have to say the GBA section.

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    Other trivia. It's a useless section that contributes nothing at all to the benefit or welfare of the forum.

And The Count To Infinity? It's counting numbers. It's done in kindergarten, and yet it's one of the most popular threads on here. I'll never understand why.

Boo-hoo. I locked a thread that didn't belong in my forum and you didn't like my decision. Cry me a river, it's the end of the world. And if you can't deal with getting yelled at for you doing something stupid, don't do it at all. I'll give you a lollipop if you shut up about it already, though. Maybe that will make you feel better?

That said, the same comment can be said back. Some members these days are just pathetic.

What - so you insult members to get back when they make a complaint about you? I wouldn't be surprised if you infracted him for that post. You have a duty here to keep the place running and you're essentially looked upon as a role-model for the forum because you're a moderator, and yet when insults come so easily to you it's hypocritical to say members are pathetic when moderators like you are no different.

I'd also tell you that you went off-topic with that post and your negligence to the rules that you're supposed to keep us from breaking is a testament to your moderator skills but since you'll smack me with your authoritative high horse anyway it would be unnecessary.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    This is getting WAY off-topic.
    Mods are supposed to be like that, people, they're just doing their job.
    And take note, higher staff discuss about it way before electing a mod, so they know who they get.
    Though I must say, this:

is getting off-topic, too, IMO.

Take note people, the thread is about "PC's worst areas," not "PC's worst mods." This ain't the place to argue, either.
    Though I guess you could argue about the areas a bit. :3

BACK ON TOPIC:

The worst areas in PC are the profile pages.
    Anyway, I think the worst areas in PC are Emulation (seriously, many who posted before me in this thread know why), DPP (the first place where newbies that aren't aspiring ROM hackers post at, thus, uncontrollable spam content), CQ&F (same as the previous one), OT (yeah, even though I post there often) and Pokemon Fan Fiction and Poetry (not as worse as the previous mentioned, but there are still quite an amount of spam clutter here, in other words, it's not organized enough).
    A lot of spam on those places, IMO (though I think OT is meant to look like that).

Last edited:

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Other trivia. It's a useless section that contributes nothing at all to the benefit or welfare of the forum.
    My, aren't you lovely? Just to say, OT isn't meant to benefit or welfare the forum; it's meant to be a board where you can chill out and meet new people. But whatever, your opinion is your opinion.

I would say CQ&F, Dppt and HGSS - those boards kill me a little bit inside.
    I agree OT has spam in it, but that is pretty much the idea of the board. Plus it's mostly good spam. :[

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    My, aren't you lovely? Just to say, OT isn't meant to benefit or welfare the forum; it's meant to be a board where you can chill out and meet new people.

I could ask the admins to make a SPAM forum and give them the same reasons you provided, but that's wouldn't be ethical would it? Your reasons are not only subjective, they're arbitrary as well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm calling it now: this thread is PC's worst area.

On a semi-related note, dude, Okamii if a mod is really acting as horribly as you say they are, PM a higher staff member so we can look into it but... chances are they're acting *just fine* and you just need to chill out a bit.

Back