• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PedAPP v2 - New Owner

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
  • ~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I really am looking forward to this. Another thing: For the Pro (or both) version(s): Perhaps dual screens if you have the time? It is possible, considering Poccil's animation editor allows to to click things like No$GBA's touch screen, so it could work.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • When mad.array's thread went deserted I thought my game have to make use of 3rd gen mechanics after all.......

But yay it was just an owner takeover! Although I want my game to use 4th gen mechanics and a little more, otherwise, I have no plan on using DPPt graphigcs........

I'm still developing my game though-I don't want it to be just some typical fan game.

Is there anything PedAPP needs right now? I didn't get to script much or know how to rip sprites, but if I can, I'll do my best to help!

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • Lordy Lordy. Alright, time to reply.

Sounds great! I'd pay for the PRO version! :P Sounds really really good.

You would? This could help boost things a lot, and would mean that I could pay professional scripters to script for it.

Alright, thank you. I have most of the overworlds ripped by Franlandia, in RPG Maker format, but was missing Arceus and such.

they to not work

what

Unfortunately, Spriters Resource went down today. :(

:(

Yeah i now. Poor spriteres resource:(

Quite apparently didn't go down for everyone.

Myself and two or three other members are still there and have been posting all day.

I was able to use it the entire time.

huh how? :surprised::paranoid:

and now it is getting a post every 3 minute.

:o

so if you leave you will not get back on.

what

No, I can access it whenever I like.

what

now that is weard.:\
    i think we are off-topic.:nervous:

Indeed, I completely agree.

Thank you.

I will upload the kit as soon as I finish moving to my new laptop, my Macbook Pro :D

I really am looking forward to this. Another thing: For the Pro (or both) version(s): Perhaps dual screens if you have the time? It is possible, considering Poccil's animation editor allows to to click things like No$GBA's touch screen, so it could work.

I have no idea, and I'd probably have to pay for such a feature, which would negate the Pro version being free.

When mad.array's thread went deserted I thought my game have to make use of 3rd gen mechanics after all.......

But yay it was just an owner takeover! Although I want my game to use 4th gen mechanics and a little more, otherwise, I have no plan on using DPPt graphigcs........

I'm still developing my game though-I don't want it to be just some typical fan game.

Is there anything PedAPP needs right now? I didn't get to script much or know how to rip sprites, but if I can, I'll do my best to help!

PedAPP really needs commitment. If you feel like finishing the items.txt that I started (I'll upload it soon), go ahead.

You might ask some expert scripters who made some scripts for games like Blue Chrome.

Yeah. I'd have to pay for them, which again would negate it being free.

Guys, wondering wtf I'm doing? Aside from struggling to stay on top of schoolwork, I'm in the process of updating the GUI and getting in contact with various spriters to make some fresher tilesets.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
    Years
  • Wheee, you really mean you're nearly ready to upload? Why that's... just... so cool!

Also, I'm sure they'd be some scripters out there who'd do stuff for free. Or you could learn to script yourself. There's loads of tutorials for various scripting languages out there.

Boonzeet

Years
  • Wheee, you really mean you're nearly ready to upload? Why that's... just... so cool!

Also, I'm sure they'd be some scripters out there who'd do stuff for free. Or you could learn to script yourself. There's loads of tutorials for various scripting languages out there.

I need a scripter to do something. I'm only good at editing.

I'm sure some of the better scripters here would do a bit for free..

If you could help me find some, that'd help. Thanks.

not again 2 days "=_= why why! okay now 4 days.

I do own a life; and I do use it. Continue to pester me and I'll drop the project onto someone else. I'm not going to put up with pestering.

Anyway; I'm bug fixing. Who the hell created such massive bugs? Felt like reordering the entire system?

Please, i need to know what changed to the types, because all the type graphics are completely messed up and the attacks do strange things.

I've fixed the glitch in which sand tiles displayed a grass animation. It appears to have been a faulty attempt at sand footprints animation.

I've also obtained a script for sand footprints. I'll need someone to implement this into Poccil's kit.

Thanks;
    Boon

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Er, the type glitch isn't as bad as it first appears tbh, I did some testing and I think I found out what was wrong with it. All the types are working correctly except for the water type attacks (which don't do anything)
    aside from this, to fix the ordering of the types, all you need to do is fix the types graphic in the pictures folder. The ??? tag should go below the dark tag, and everything should just be moved up to where the order goes:
    Normal - Fight - Flying - Poison - Ground - Rock - Bug - Ghost - Steel - Fire - Water - Grass - Electr - Psychc - Ice - Dragon - Dark - ??? - Cool - Beauty - Cute - Smart - Tough. If my memory serves correctly, thats all that was needed.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Ah. This water problem has come up before. Now that it's been identified I'll speak to Boon about it. I had fixed it but I must have lost it after the virus (which I'm just going to call the DL-6 Incident)

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Whats the deal on this this seems like an awesome idea... i hope the project didnt die...

Boonzeet

Years
  • Er, the type glitch isn't as bad as it first appears tbh, I did some testing and I think I found out what was wrong with it. All the types are working correctly except for the water type attacks (which don't do anything)
    aside from this, to fix the ordering of the types, all you need to do is fix the types graphic in the pictures folder. The ??? tag should go below the dark tag, and everything should just be moved up to where the order goes:
    Normal - Fight - Flying - Poison - Ground - Rock - Bug - Ghost - Steel - Fire - Water - Grass - Electr - Psychc - Ice - Dragon - Dark - ??? - Cool - Beauty - Cute - Smart - Tough. If my memory serves correctly, thats all that was needed.

Nah, because it's correct for some screens, and it's wrong on others. It's really messed up, when I get the time to fix it I will.

Whats the deal on this this seems like an awesome idea... i hope the project didnt die...

The project will never die, I just take breaks to focus on school and work.

Ah. This water problem has come up before. Now that it's been identified I'll speak to Boon about it. I had fixed it but I must have lost it after the virus (which I'm just going to call the DL-6 Incident)

yes. The water problem needs fixing!!!

hey Boonzeet you still working on petapp.

Yes.

umm i do not now why i posted

I do not know why either.

Boonzeet

Years
  • Sounds good.

And yeah, megasuper, your posting isn't helping. At all.

yay your still working on it .UBER YAY !!!:) .

Yeah.

Anyway; updates. I'm collection resources. Until I can complete my resources, all work on the script ceases. I'm needing to convert everything to tilesets.

Also; PyroDX helped a lot by giving me all the ripped SFX. Thank him deeply for this.

I have my exams in 2 weeks. I should be free after then.

Thank you,
    Marc Lequime

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Hi, I really love this project and if I had the slightest clue I'd volunteer with the scripting. I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I have with the original release of PedAPP. Whenever I try and use the move Ember, it does no damage and gives the following error message.

Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `targets' for #<PokeBattle_Move_04:0x9726718>

PokeBattle_Move:335:in `pbCalcBaseDamage'

PokeBattle_Move:634:in `pbCalcDamage'

PokeBattle_Move:819:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:1416:in `pbProcessNonMultiHitMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1655:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1632:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:1658:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1932:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `pbProcessTurn'

It worked fine before I upgraded to PedAPP and I can't find any other moves that have this problem.

Back