• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People Eat Pokemon :S

Years
    I've started watching the anime recently and I'm up to episode 47 and I just found out that people eat Farfetch'd!!

This has come as a complete shock to me, I never knew that people ate Pokemon before seeing this!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well... that's not completely the case. It's implied real animals exist in the Pokemon world. But of course there will be Pokemon that could be eaten...

...I'd eat a Spheal.

Years
    Well... that's not completely the case. It's implied real animals exist in the Pokemon world. But of course there will be Pokemon that could be eaten...

...I'd eat a Spheal.

Yeah, I know it's not the whole case, there are always references to animals in the anime but I was just shocked that people ate Farfetch'd!

There are also normal fish in one of the indigeau league episodes (well at least they didn't look like any first gen pokemon)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't remember what episode, exactly, but I think I saw an episode when Ash was eating a Magikarp. (don't have screenshots, though)

Years
    ^ I think that was during the episodes in the Kanto saga (Episode 15 & 16)where Ash and co. drown aboard St. Anne. Somewhere in Episode 16, if I'm not wrong, they daydream about eating Magikarp. Meowth actually tries to eat it, but his teeth break while he bites into Magikarp's scaly body.

Years
    I remember that in the Indigo League season there was an episode when Ash caught a Krabby, which was sent to Prof. Oak. When Ash was thinking he will eat the Krabby

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well you see, there seems to be more Pokemon than actual animals, people have got to eat some thing I guess :P

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    In episode 57 (the one where the gang goes to Cinnabar) Ash (or maybe it was Misty) exclaims "I'm so hungry I could eat a horsea."

It made me chuckle.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I remember seeing a fried chicken stand in one of the Johto episodes (I think it was 'Grin to Win'). That was before the Torchic family was revealed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think its one of those things you don't really want to be explained ^^ I'd like to think they do eat normal animals for food... but there are no wild normal animals to be seen xD So it's a paradox but if you just sort of shuffle it into a corner and put a rug on top of the problem... you can live (and eat) without worrying.

It is, after all, a story. Though it's an interesting question.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Comes as no surprise. We eat things like cats, dogs, and horses, which are considered our best friends in the animal sense.

I read somewhere that Lapras are almost extinct because of them being hunted..

Anyway, i'm sure they eat only the normal looking pokemon like Spearow, Pidgey, Rattata, things like that. Surely no one would eat a pokemon like Alakazam...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I think that there are real animals in the Pokemon world, or outside it. The Pokemon world is like an earth group, eg. Amish, who reside in there own little world but still part of ours. That is why Pokedex entries say "Cat" or "Rat" etc Pokemon. So food is imported from the real world. But I can see them eating Pokemon, we eat animals, same thing.

I remember seeing a fried chicken stand in one of the Johto episodes (I think it was 'Grin to Win'). That was before the Torchic family was revealed.

Lol.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Wailord nuggets anyone? Maybe everyone in the anime are vegitarians, then again we did see time and again the characters eating meat-based products. I would eat some Gyarados sushi. That actually sounds pretty yummy right now.

Back