• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Perks. Not just for supporters/staff?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
  • Eh, this is one of those things that I think sounds better on paper than it would actually be when it becomes practice. Regardless, I see it as highly unlikely it will happen, but I see no harm in continuing to discuss it provided you guys don't start arguing violently with one another. The suggestion has been brought up before the higher staff, either way, although I know not what the decision will be.

The Red Chain

I'm still curious: what sort of perks are we talking about? Still waiting for that list. XD
    Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see your previous post. XD;

The other perks I mean are things like this :

• Bigger avatar
    • Bigger profile picture and/or background picture at least.
    This next one was brought up by someone else but it's interesting.

• Italicized name, no color.
    Not necessarily a VIP forum or anything like that, but just little things like that that can actually be quite amazing to a member ; I know they were for me when I first became a supporter.
    I think the PM space general increase is a fine idea but most members won't really use all that space anyway unless they are really active on here and post frequently enough to make a lot of friends.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Probably repeating what others said but eh a couple of things i wanted to address and put a little input in.

Honestly the only way i can see this working is with the moderators of each forum deciding who deserves this in their respective forums then taking it to the h-staff to be voted on or something similar to avoid bias of member done "nomination".

I really do like the badge idea though, i was trying to get something like this in S+M like as a "contributor" badge for those people who make/help massively with guides and stickies and make good discussion in general. I dont really think it can extend alot more beyond that and its really at the discretion of forum specific mods. Though the way smogon does it is that that badge members also have a say in forum policy which to be honest i dont think would work on pc and is not something the OP wanted either.

Anyway, if members abuse this (which was brought up and the main thing i wanted to address) and act like they are something special just because they get these little perks, cant we easily warn/infract then take this feature away from said abusers ? Kinda like with the rep system because that was abused and iirc was disabled for a select few people separately before being disabled everywhere, which again is an option if it gets out of hand. Just an idea on the discipline of it. I mean its worth a try as its a good idea and promotes even more MEANINGFUL contribution to forums (in theory) and would be nice for those less fortunate money wise and if it doesn't work out "oh well" we can remove it and haven't lost anything.

Last edited:

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Going to agree with David here too; this just seems better said than implemented, however I do still agree that a PM capacity increase might be in order for everyone. I personally don't need a bunch of PM space, but the majority of people that posted in this thread seem to really value it, so...for their sake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Going to agree with David here too; this just seems better said than implemented, however I do still agree that a PM capacity increase might be in order for everyone. I personally don't need a bunch of PM space, but the majority of people that posted in this thread seem to really value it, so...for their sake.
    And the one main background image for the profile, so people don't forget it.
    (Since people just keep remembering PMs mainly)

Years
    • Seen today
    No matter what, I'm all for increasing the PM space. 150 is torture and I really don't know how regular members manage to keep that clean, especially the ones I share a ton of PM conversations with.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Forever said:
    And the one main background image for the profile, so people don't forget it.
    (Since people just keep remembering PMs mainly)

That too, yes. Slipped my mind. And bigger avatars were mentioned too, I believe? 130x130 is good enough for normal members, I think. I mean, moderators' maximum size is only 150x150, and that handles itself fine. So I think members should be content with 130x130, because that's still a decent sized avatar. Hell, I'm happy with 100x100. Some forums have 80x80 as the max. Poop. (And for the record, I am aware the current max avatar size for members is 130x130, I was just saying that it's nothing that really needs to be increased). But that's all I really have to say. Bigger PM boxes and the ability to have picture backgrounds in their profiles.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Twilight Sky said:
    By the way, the PM limit for normal members should be 500-600 imo.

I'll vouch for 500 as well. Seems reasonable!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, TRC said her inbox is 500, for a tier 3, so...
    Boosting supporter PM limits, then?

Everlark

[ w h i t e ]
    Years
  • 600-800 sounds good for the supporter boost, imo. :)

600-800 sounds good for the supporter boost, imo. So um...700? It's in the middle, so.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Normal-500 ; Supporters 1-4 - 700 ; Tiers 5 - 1000 sounds the most appealing to me. I don't feel Tier 5s need more than 1000 PMs in storage XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Normal-500 ; Supporters 1-4 - 700 ; Tiers 5 - 1000 sounds the most appealing to me. I don't feel Tier 5s need more than 1000 PMs in storage XD

Does anyone need more than 1000 PMs in storage? XD Anyhow, agreed. I need to reference PMs a lot, so it would be great to have more room.

Back