• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phantoms and Specters: Ghost-Type fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Ghost types take up two spots on my dream team. (which I actually have now :) ) One is Giratina since it has the Shadow force move and is one of my favorite and two is Spirttomb whom I chose due to having no weaknesses and almost being as powerful as Darkrai in my opinion.

That's my sole reason of using a Spiritomb actually..... my dream team consists of a Dusknoir (who usually does the status problems and health depleter), and possibly Froslass...

I have a Gastly on my White version, and evolving it to Gengar helps me a lot to defeat powerful opponents...not to mention his status moves.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I also used to love Sableye back in the days of R/S solely due to it being the only pokemon to have no weaknesses, but now it is outclassed by Spiritomb in almost every way. Spiritomb also has great defenses, making it fairly bulky and that bulk can be increased even more by Calm mind. Spiritomb owns.

Otherwise, my favorite ghost to use competitvely would be Eviolite Dusclops, followed closely by Spiritomb.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've started using Sableye recently for battles, turns out its a beast! It ravages the enemy by slowly grinding them down and outlasting them, utter magic haha! Spiritomb however I've never gotten along with. It's not good enough in any aspect from my point of view to warrant using it over its cute counterpart Sableye.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I have never used Sableye. :\ I use Froslass and Gengar for my Ghost-type needs, eh. though, Sableye and Spiritomb always gives me problems.

TY

I never used Ghost, as they have almost no resistance against most types.
    Only Gengar and Chandelure were in my team often

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    I liked Sableye during the R/S but on the 4th gen I liked Giratina since I can get it unlike Darkrai and Dusknoir (which I like) but they are hard to get (like Darkrai is event and Dusknoir is a trade)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I've used Sableye before, and all I can say is that it wasn't that bad at all....my thoughts were just like AlexOzzyCake said. I'm trying to get a Dusknoir right now for my white game, and Darkrai is just an absolute favorite (even though the only current event for it is in Germany I believe....noooo!) but I can wait for that one.

Ghost, compared to other types, don't have that much of good attacks, but are one used for status and HP depleting. Curse and such moves are proof of that. Their attack may not be that great, but they have plenty of HP and I like using them to confuse the foe a lot.

miltankRancher

Years
    well, ghosts IRL only serve to scare the hell out of people, so I guess Ghosts here mimic their real life counterparts (if they exist) to spread out status problems, like Poison, Burn, and Confusion which are pretty common attacks

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    well, ghosts IRL only serve to scare the hell out of people, so I guess Ghosts here mimic their real life counterparts (if they exist) to spread out status problems, like Poison, Burn, and Confusion which are pretty common attacks

I always wondered about that...if Ghost Pokemon are really dead pokemon or just have abilities like that of a ghost..... anyone here have any idea about that?

miltankRancher

Years
    I believe some are different entities on their own, while some are pale mirror images (like Shedinja and Spiritomb)

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Of course Darkrai isn't a ghost. In it's name is the word "dark" so how would it be a ghost? Anyways ghost pokemon like Yamask are spirits of people who died long ago and spirttombs are about the same so, it raelly should be impossible for them to hatch from an egg.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I always wondered about that...if Ghost Pokemon are really dead pokemon or just have abilities like that of a ghost..... anyone here have any idea about that?

I'm not sure, but Froslass is a a human that died in the snow, Spiritomb is many dead souls and Shedinja is the dead exo-skeleton of Ninjask... However that's the only ones I know enough about to comment on. D:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Of course Darkrai isn't a ghost. In it's name is the word "dark" so how would it be a ghost?.

Everything about Darkrai screams "ghost". In the movie it was able to go through the ground, which is a characteristic of ghosts, It is the only Pokemon in any Mystery Dungeon to be be able to go through walls and not be a ghost type, It is able to possess other Pokemon (proved by the anime when Tobias's Darkrai used Dream eater on Sceptile) which is another property of ghosts, and just look at it, it looks so much like a ghost.

The only reason they didn't make it part ghost is because a legendary with no weaknessess, would be... well, i don't want to think about it. :X

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Everything about Darkrai screams "ghost". In the movie it was able to go through the ground, which is a characteristic of ghosts, It is the only Pokemon in any Mystery Dungeon to be be able to go through walls and not be a ghost type, It is able to possess other Pokemon (proved by the anime when Tobias's Darkrai used Dream eater on Sceptile) which is another property of ghosts, and just look at it, it looks so much like a ghost.

The only reason they didn't make it part ghost is because a legendary with no weaknessess, would be... well, i don't want to think about it. :X

This is completely true :3 I also read somewhere in Darkrai's origins something about bugs and small creatures making it scared or being a thread to it, something like that? And if it had the ghost type that wouldn't work at all :3

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years
    DoctorFred said:

That makes sense. It's just like Lucario - his abilities in the anime and the movie scream psychic type, yet he somehow gets a steel typing.

AlexOzzyCake said:
    I'm not sure, but Froslass is a a human that died in the snow, Spiritomb is many dead souls and Shedinja is the dead exo-skeleton of Ninjask... However that's the only ones I know enough about to comment on. D:

Really @Froslass? *stares at partner* I also heard that Yamask is a dead human and the mask he carries resembles his past face.

miltankRancher

Years

THIS. I was confused at first with his typing, because he really looks like a ghost to me. And him playing with nightmares and such is really a ghost thingy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back