• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phantoms and Specters: Ghost-Type fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Yamask is a dead person and the mask is the only part he has. Wow! I can't believe Yamask and Cofagrigus is a possessing Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I bet that's the same case with Froslass tbh, considering it evolves via a stone it makes no reference to dead people that way. Spiritomb however, the method you use to catch it, that certainly does sound like it's made of dead people!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Everything about Darkrai screams "ghost". In the movie it was able to go through the ground, which is a characteristic of ghosts, It is the only Pokemon in any Mystery Dungeon to be be able to go through walls and not be a ghost type, It is able to possess other Pokemon (proved by the anime when Tobias's Darkrai used Dream eater on Sceptile) which is another property of ghosts, and just look at it, it looks so much like a ghost.

The only reason they didn't make it part ghost is because a legendary with no weaknessess, would be... well, i don't want to think about it. :X

Agreed! It looks just like a ghost too! But oh well, at least it's name gives a big hint...DARK If you think about it....a legendary with no weakness sounds pretty cool. But it would be overrated if that ever happened...

THIS. I was confused at first with his typing, because he really looks like a ghost to me. And him playing with nightmares and such is really a ghost thingy.

I thought he was a ghost/dark or ghost for like....months. It was until I went to the pokedex that I realized the undeniable truth.... Darkrai is not ghost. At least I love Darks too. :3

TY

Yes it is, but what's even more Creepy is Banette. Its basically a doll that came to life seeking to kill the child that threw it away.

That scared me... now i do never want to throw a plushie away xD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Yes it is, but what's even more Creepy is Banette. Its basically a doll that came to life seeking to kill the child that threw it away.

I am never fond of dolls anyway, but yeah. A doll is scary, but a forgotten-doll-who-rise-from-the-other-world-to-take-kids-away is pretty creepy too.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I love my dolls.......

Well..Lampent looks for fallen souls of dead people, and actually goes to the exact moment you're dying to steal it.....

Oh..and look at this, this is my opinion though, I may be wrong:

Don't they both look so alike????? I believe that Gengar is actually a shadow of a Clefairy? On the pokedex it says that shadows start to move and laugh on their own....which then brings me back to Clefairy. They have everything to do with full moons. Not to mention how they look similar, and how Gengar's name refers to Doppelganger. I just thought it was a coincidence...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I love my dolls.......

Well..Lampent looks for fallen souls of dead people, and actually goes to the exact moment you're dying to steal it.....

Don't they both look so alike????? I believe that Gengar is actually a shadow of a Clefairy? On the pokedex it says that shadows start to move and laugh on their own....which then brings me back to Clefairy. They have everything to do with full moons. Not to mention how they look similar, and how Gengar's name refers to Doppelganger. I just thought it was a coincidence...

Lampent's story is pretty much used throughout the series (like Banette and Mismagius)

and I have seen that one already. I was ready to believe it but, a question came to my mind, what is a gastly?

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I love my dolls.......

[picture]

If anything i thought Gengar was the physcial form of Clefable's shadow. Take a look at the pics in the spoiler, they look very similar, right? Plus, Gengar is known as the "Shadow Pokemon". The reason there's more of a chance of it being Clefable's shadow rather than Clefairy's is because Clefable and gengar have very similar heights and weights. It's possible GF originally intended for Gengar to be an alternate evolution of Clefairy.

Clefable - 1.3 meters ; 40kg
    Gengar - 1.5 meters ; 40.5kg

Spoiler:

Also, I just realized:

Clefairy's pokedex: "The moonlight that it stores in the wings on its back apparently gives it the ability to float in midair." Which could mean Clefairy was going to have Levitate, which is what the Gengar line has...

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    BOO!
    A wild entree appears!

Username: Palladium
    Partner Pokemon: Plushie the Banette

If you could be a Ghost-type Pokemon, aside from your partner, who will it be? Rotom, because he's so cool and versatile, I could change types and use some cool moves too ^_^

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Ooooh...Maybe Clefairy should be full girl and Gengar should be full boy so they are counterparts O_o. Gengar should be examine....(We are almost off-topic.Going to Clefairy,A normal time)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    If anything i thought Gengar was the physcial form of Clefable's shadow. Take a look at the pics in the spoiler, they look very similar, right? Plus, Gengar is known as the "Shadow Pokemon". The reason there's more of a chance of it being Clefable's shadow rather than Clefairy's is because Clefable and gengar have very similar heights and weights. It's possible GF originally intended for Gengar to be an alternate evolution of Clefairy.

Clefable - 1.3 meters ; 40kg
    Gengar - 1.5 meters ; 40.5kg

Spoiler:

Also, I just realized:

Clefairy's pokedex: "The moonlight that it stores in the wings on its back apparently gives it the ability to float in midair." Which could mean Clefairy was going to have Levitate, which is what the Gengar line has...

I never thought about it as a Clefable.....now that I think about it....they are alike...too alike. It's obviously common for a shadow to be longer or taller than the source....which could be Clefairy or Clefable.....

Ooooh...Maybe Clefairy should be full girl and Gengar should be full boy so they are counterparts O_o. Gengar should be examine....(We are almost off-topic.Going to Clefairy,A normal time)

That would be nice actually....then it would make a bit sense....but that then makes you wonder how Ghastly could be an offspring and so much more silly questions. But yes...we are going off topic......let's see......trying to get on ghosts topics...

I was ready to believe it but, a question came to my mind, what is a gastly?
    ...maybe a Gastly is......just a Gastly I guess, good question though....

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    Well, Clefable have wings ... that when put upright will have the same shadow as Gengar's spikes ...

As for the Gastly question, it's pretty much smog that absorbed hatred or spirit of a dead person imo ...

TY

ShadowClefairy??
    Or LightGengar xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I love my dolls.......

Hmm, very interesting o.o I've never thought about it before... The only thing I'd say if that Gengar is a fair bit taller than Clefairy isn't it? :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    But not in 3D in that way... I'm not sure Clefairy is really a Pokemon important enough to have this kind of connection anyway is it? o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back