• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phantoms and Specters: Ghost-Type fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    The flying one, because imo Levitate > Pressure and I like his design better
    Also I liked the pic of Lyra(or is it Kris?) and Morty. Who called her?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    In my opinion, both are fine. When it comes to the games, the altered form is beast. When it comes to imagining myself with it and trainer roleplaying...if even possible that is....then origin form is just amazing since it looks so amazing and how it looks so graceful when flying.....(movie memories)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    On the topic, I don't have much of a preference either way. Giratina for me isn't that cool of a Pokemon, it's the only Ghost type I don't like D: Although if I had to choose, I'd go with the land forme as it's a lot more powerful and presents a much larger presence to those around it.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    The flying one, because imo Levitate > Pressure and I like his design better
    Also I liked the pic of Lyra(or is it Kris?) and Morty. Who called her?

Yup. Competitively, I like using levitate over Pressure since it gives a Ground immunity to Giratina that Giratina is normally scared of. But in-game, I like to see my opponents use struggle.

In my opinion, both are fine. When it comes to the games, the altered form is beast. When it comes to imagining myself with it and trainer roleplaying...if even possible that is....then origin form is just amazing since it looks so amazing and how it looks so graceful when flying.....(movie memories)

THIS.

On the topic, I don't have much of a preference either way. Giratina for me isn't that cool of a Pokemon, it's the only Ghost type I don't like D: Although if I had to choose, I'd go with the land forme as it's a lot more powerful and presents a much larger presence to those around it.

a land-based ghost presents a more powerful aura than a flying one? ( or levitating for that matter) our opinions differ my friend.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    a land-based ghost presents a more powerful aura than a flying one? ( or levitating for that matter) our opinions differ my friend.

Well, it seems more of a substantial opponent if the very ground quakes before it when it is summoned (in my opinion!). Whereas is its flying, in my mind it just seems a lot less threatening. I dunno, I think the flying version just looks a little odd to me. :3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Well, it seems more of a substantial opponent if the very ground quakes before it when it is summoned (in my opinion!). Whereas is its flying, in my mind it just seems a lot less threatening. I dunno, I think the flying version just looks a little odd to me. :3

It does actually, or to me it does. Say......what Ghost Pokemon seems Overrated to you all? And what pokemon is Underrated? I'm not sure if this question was asked really....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It does actually, or to me it does. Say......what Ghost Pokemon seems Overrated to you all? And what pokemon is Underrated? I'm not sure if this question was asked really....

Overrated Ghost Pokemon for me is defined by Giratina. I hate that thing, it's barely even powerful :p In a nice way! ;D Underrated Ghost Pokemon makes me think of Sableye, that Pokemon can deal a lot of unexpected trauma. Its typing is perfect defensively and its wide move pool allows for a lot of devastation!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Overrated Ghost Pokemon for me is defined by Giratina. I hate that thing, it's barely even powerful :p In a nice way! ;D Underrated Ghost Pokemon makes me think of Sableye, that Pokemon can deal a lot of unexpected trauma. Its typing is perfect defensively and its wide move pool allows for a lot of devastation!

Agree with every word. Giratina is overly overrated, while Sableye is underated a lot. I loved Sableye...and I still do a tiny pinch.

miltankRancher

Years

Agree with the Underrated and Overrated. I'm not really a big fan of Giratina also. (but I love the origin formes design)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    On the above topic I think Spiritomb is also pretty over rated - it's used a lot due to its typing but it really doesn't get that good moves or stats to help out, I much prefer using Sableye as a Ghost/Dark type :3 Also, how the heck does Spiritomb use a punch attack? xD And how does Golurk use Fly? lol.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    On the above topic I think Spiritomb is also pretty over rated - it's used a lot due to its typing but it really doesn't get that good moves or stats to help out, I much prefer using Sableye as a Ghost/Dark type :3 Also, how the heck does Spiritomb use a punch attack? xD And how does Golurk use Fly? lol.

To me, all ghosts seem to fly...being ghosts. Even though not all do fly in this case, like Sableye. As for Spiritomb........maybe uses souls as an extra arm? :paranoid:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    To me, all ghosts seem to fly...being ghosts. Even though not all do fly in this case, like Sableye. As for Spiritomb........maybe uses souls as an extra arm? :paranoid:

Paha, I love the Spiritomb idea! That's almost giving me chills! I'm not sure ghosts always fly though... Like Sableye, Spiritomb, Dusclops... Okay those are the only ones I can think of lol. x.x

miltankRancher

Years

Ghosts seemed more like to levitate. It's not technically flying, but you get the general idea.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Golruk can fly because it is basically a giant engine/robot thing. To fly it just tucks its arms and legs into this skirt like thing and the rockets probably replace them or something... Golruk flies in pokemon movie white idk about black... Ghosts don't really fly they just levitate slightly off the ground, but if you weigh a ton I doubt you could get up in the air at all. Examples: Spirttomb has a stone attached to it so it can't fly, Rotom is just made out of electricity so it can.

miltankRancher

Years
    Golruk can fly because it is basically a giant engine/robot thing. To fly it just tucks its arms and legs into this skirt like thing and the rockets probably replace them or something... Golruk flies in pokemon movie white idk about black... Ghosts don't really fly they just levitate slightly off the ground, but if you weigh a ton I doubt you could get up in the air at all. Examples: Spirttomb has a stone attached to it so it can't fly, Rotom is just made out of electricity so it can.

I've yet to see Golurk fly. Also, what you said about Spiritomb being grounded because of the odd keystone is logical.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I haven't seen Golurk fly yet....or levitate, whatever phrase you use. Even so though, Spiritomb levitates, or flies....but I think Sableye is the only one who can't levitate....haven't seen Litwick levitate yet though.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years

Watch Spritomb anime debut and we'll talk later
    I still haven't figured out why Golurk and Golett are ghost types to begin with

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

Maybe because it's a rock that somehow is alive....I know it's a pokemon from the past, like Sigilyph, so probably it's its counterpart of the psychic pokemon....just a guess though, don't know why it's a ghost either.

miltankRancher

Years

I am not a fan of the anime. They always stereotype against type (like Ghosts are scary and all that jazz).

Me neither. I know that it is a Robot. So let's make it a Steel type. Well, Robots came from the future so it's a psychich type. But then, GF made it a Ground/ Ghost type. Hmmm. not bad.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Let's see....umm....I know Halloween passed but I got a good new topic:

For Halloween, which ghost pokemon would you take with you? Why?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back