• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phobias in General

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Do you have any phobias?

I have:

- Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
    - Aichmophobia (fear of needles / pointy objects)
    - Altophobia (fear of heights)
    - Anthropophobia (fear of people / society)
    - Autophobia (fear of being alone, though only in dark places)
    - Entomophobia (fear of insects, specifically large insects)
    - Lygophobia (fear of the dark, especially when alone)
    - Xenophobia (fear of strangers and foreigners)

My sister has:

- Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
    - Turophobia (fear of cheese)

My dad has:

- Xenophobia (fear of strangers and foreigners)

Here's a large list of Phobias; use ALT+F to search for yours:

List

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I have:

Aeroacrophobia- The fear of open Heights. I could be a billion million miles high, as long as there is some sort of wall around me.
    and
    Cleisiophobia- The fear of being lockedin an enclosed area. I could be closed in the tightest space ever, my problem comes upon not being able to leave freely.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Bambakophobia - fear of cotton and cotton balls. I can't touch them, have them on my skin, or anything.
    Cleisiophobia - fear of being locked in an enclosed area. Same as Illekn.
    Anginophobia - fear of choking, only to an extent.
    Emetophobia - fear of vomiting, again, only to an extent. This and the choking mostly go hand in hand.
    Arachnophobia - fear of spiders, though it's really more entomophobia than specifically spiders.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Closest I found was Gary Larson's fictional phobia :P

- Luposlipophobia (fear of being chased around a kitchen table on newly waxed floors in your socks by timber wolves)

But if this makes you feel better:

Fear of Being Chased

Years
  • Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
    Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place.
    Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at.
    Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
    Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.
    Topophobia- Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright.
    Apiphobia- Fear of bees.
    Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.

LOOK A PATTERN.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • Aeroacrophobia- The fear of open Heights. I could be a billion million miles high, as long as there is some sort of wall around me.

O_O THAT MAKES ME CRINGE AND WANT TO CRY AT THE THOUGHT OF IT -TEARS EYES OUT- i think i'm sweating now ;-;
    i guess i'm an aeroacrophobic..

others that i have:
    Entomophobia- Fear of insects (including spiders, etc. since this is the broadest phobia pertaining to bugs)
    Belonephobia- Fear of pins and needles
    Achluophobia- Fear of darkness
    Ankylophobia- Fear of immobility of a joint
    Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity (<-- exhausts my brain)

and lots more that i didnt think of/weren't on the list

lol @
    Catoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors
    Aulophobia- Fear of flutes
    Barophobia- Fear of gravity

making this post has caused my muscles to go soft ;-;

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I have:

Apiphobia (Fear of Bees)

and

Globophobia (Fear or Balloons)

Ayselipera

I never really thought I feared anything. I see them more as things that irk me.

Such as being clustered in with many people. Which would be Claustrophobia, but only when it involves people. Small spaces in general don't bother me at all.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • None atm, though when I was younger I used to be absolutely petrified of being sick. (Emetophobia in technical terms).

Got over it now lol.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't think of it as a true phobia, more like an inexplicable anxiety, but I'm fairly genophobic (fear of sex or sexual relations).

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Well it's not so extreme as to be a phobia but I'm very superstitious about a certain number.
    So much so that I don't want to type it.
    The correct term for the phobia is this though: Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I have...

Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place.
    Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
    Demophobia- Fear of crowds

That's really all I have...I may find more though.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I think I have Apeirophobia, which is the fear of infinity. I don't know why I have this, but I feel like I want to vomit whenever I dream of infinity. I would feel so sick when the thought of something going on and on, or a never-ending pattern. Another phobia that I openly admit is Arachnophobia. I absolutely hate spiders, and fear them. They are so gross; I just want to kill one when I see it.

I am uncertain with other phobias, however. There have been a case in my life that could fit under a lot of the phobias listed on that site. I have shown signs of Gerascophobia before. It is the fear of growing old. Whenever I look at my grandparents, or senior citizens in general, all I can show them is love and care. However, I feel the state of shock or fear whenever I think about myself growing old. Yeah, this sounds stupid, but it almost crippled my attitude towards the elderly. Fortunately, I talked about this to my grandfather. He reassured me that there was nothing wrong of growing old, and it's not as bad as it is.

I also am a Sinophobic.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Fear of cheese xD but I used to be afraid of heights and being surrounded by people but now I grew out of both. Yay me :D. A girl I knew in middle school was afraid of fire trucks, my older bro was afraid of airplanes, my lil bro is afraid of spiders, my mom is afraid of heights, and laslty my compute apps teacher is afraid of hair o_o.

Back