• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phobias in General

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I used to have slight Altophobia cause I was afraid to jump of 3m+ diving board 8 years back. I'm fine with rock climbing, bungy jumping etc but when it comes to things without a harness I used to freak out. I'm not 100% now cause I haven't been to a diving board for so long

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Trypanophobia; it's not just the medical injections though, I'm also petrified of using hypodermic needles for taking blood, injecting drugs, ect. It's not the fear of sharp/pointy objects, so I think this one fits better.

I also have aeroacrophobia, which is the fear of open high places.

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
  • I have pretty prominent venephobia. That's a fear of veins, so I actually can't even really look at my wrists or feet without getting woosy, and I can't even get a blood test without passing out and having a semi-panic attack. It's quite annoying :S

I also have a fear of water snakes too, actually, but I wouldn't classify it as a phobia. It's nowhere near the degree of my venephobia.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I have:
    -Achluophobia
    -Necrophobia
    -Novercaphobia I don't have a step mom/know my dads new girl friend.. soo yeah.
    -Testophobia

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Xenophobia XD

Acrophobia-I hate heights. If I'm standing on top of a roof, it's not so bad. But as I get higher in elevation, I hate it. I once took a tramway or whatever it's called up a mountain, and everyone was standing up in there but I had to sit down because it was too uncomfortable. I kept thinking about what if the thing broke and I fell? Or what if it stopped working and we had to be evacuated out of the top of it? Ahhhh!!! My parents think it's because I crawled out of my crib one day onto a dresser, and I leaned against the screen of the window. I kind of agree, but most of it probably came from my parents freaking out when they checked up on me, and it put that fear in me. Oh, the reason why is because we lived in a two story apartment then, so it was high up.

Aquaphobia-I think that's what it's called. I don't have it that bad, but I am afraid of big open bodies of water. I think even if I could swim, I would still hate it. I'm not completely sure where this one came from, but it could be from when I was younger and I wouldn't learn to swim, so my dad dunked my head under water for what seemed like too long of a time.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Now that I think of it, I forgot one of my worst phobias:

- Odontophobia- Fear of teeth, dentists, dental surgery, and/or losing your teeth

I'm am so scared to lose my teeth o_o I have nightmares.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Will says (4:52 PM):
    *J.D has awesome fears.
    » Forever n' ever says (4:52 PM):
    *Spiders, being alone, heights... um. snakes. what else. and the dark/ghosts
    *Normal fears~
    Will says (4:52 PM):
    *He's scared of pennies.

And cbf'd getting proper names for mine. :D Also kind of fear of confrontation, which is a bad thing for someone who wants to be a journalist. XD Though only with people I know, so.. yeah.

Back