• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

phpBB 2.0.x vs phpBB 2.2.x

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • JPChibi, please don't spam like that. -_- Try to stay at least a little relevant to the topic, okay?

And the strange thing about the header is how it spans the entire page whereas the tables and whatnot only span about 95%. o_O

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Well, now that you bring that up, it does look kind of strange O.o

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • kyo said:
    or you just don't know how to use it.
    I know perfectly well how to use IPB. -_-;;

And 2.2 has a lot of features, the ones that most people would hack into a normal one. But it still isn't nearly as bulky as say, IPB2 or vB3.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I HATE IPB2... -_-

But I will admit, now that I've looked at the feature list, phpBB 2.2 will have some great features that no other BB has, like Super Moderators, User Control Panel, and Reporting Posts *sarcasm*

aRedMoon

Years
  • I've seen the admincp, it's a lot better than anything IPB has come up with. ;)

Cherrim

Years
  • Hopefully I'll agree with you there when I see it. One thing I hated about phpBB when I tried it was how confusing I found the Admin CP. o_o; Nothing was where I thought it would be and there was almost nothing there. (Which again ties into my too-lazy-to-hack thing. xD)

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    i think ipb admin panel is better, and also phpbb group control sucks, ipb is better.

aRedMoon

Years
  • The group control on phpBB isn't as good as it could be, but IPB groups suck just as bad. :/

SMF and vB groups are by far superior.

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    still is better than phpbb and that was count.

Cherrim

Years
  • Really? I always found it incredibly easy to maneuvre. =\ I guess I switched from being an Ikonboard person to IPB. The Admin CP's on both of those are fairly similar so making the transition from CGI to PHP was fairly easy for me. I guess it's just hard to adapt to different styles of CPs.

._. This could just as easily be debated in the other thread, though. Let's leave this one for talk about the new version of phpBB. ^_^;

aRedMoon

Years
  • ...please, don't try to tame our ot discussion. -_-;;

The IPB panel is so split up, there's too many categories imo, i found it simpler with phpBB because it's all there and [I found that] everything is easy to find [imo].

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    welll than i like the so split up panel, and not the little easy one.

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    i think that even yabb gold is better than phpbb, it even got a calendar, something you need to get a hack for phpbb to have it.

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    i don't know, let just stop the fight, this seem like spam.

Back