• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu 6th Most Annoying Animated Character

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
  • Has anyone seen this yet?
    They put Pikachu from the anime series on the top ten
    most annoying animated characters list!
    Are any of you kinda upset about this?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I cannot see the video, but I don't think he is annoying. He is the mascot of Pokemon(not to mention the most famous one) and with a lot of success comes a lot of negativity! lol I am not upset about it. :)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVwUd88BmM

Haha, the characters on this list were quite the selection. The reasons for Pikachu being annoying weren't that good. I think she said that Pikachu is annoying because all it does is shock people? I'm not upset about this, I actually found it funny because Pikachu does spend a lot of time shocking people :P

LOL at Spongebob being #1

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , Pikachu doesn't seem to have personality anymore .
    He just mimic whatever expression Ash has .
    Unlike the Original Series Where Pikachu had his own attitude.
    Plus , After all failure in BW series , A lot people see Pikachu as a unreliable Pokemon.

Years
  • I'm okay with that. Pikachu is too famous, but it is because of the yellow mouse pokemon is so popular. It's just one of those things we have to deal with. I'm just tired of level 100 pikachu dying to weak level 5 pokemon at the begininning of every series!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Pikachu and annoying? I know about sayings from the japanese character poll of the anime, Pikachu belongs to the most unpopular characters in the complete Pokémon anime. It has maybe to do, Clefairy was supposed to be the mascot, but one of the anime producers (in the Kanto ara) was a big fan of Pikachu and as a result, Pikachu became Ash's starter and the franchise mascot.

I just wonder how unpopular Pikachu could be in the anime charts, despite a very successful Pokémon mascot. But I like him as a Pokémon, not as a anime character because of the damn reset.

Years
  • That is their Opinion. To me I think Pikachu is awesome but I do wish the writers would give him more personality. As for him losing to easily I agree as well that he should not lose that quickly, Due to all his experience with Battling and his travels.

So I could care less if anyone says they dislike Pikachu and say he's annoying that is their opinion not mine and the fans who love the Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Definitely don't find pikachu annoying, he's the reason I got back into pokemon after seeing him on the tv. I love pikachu, but upset about it? Couldn't care less, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I would actually follow up if Pikachu was annoying for a good reason. But just because he shocks people..? What kind of reason is that? Well, whatever floats their boat, I guess.

That's same thing as saying Magikarp is annoying because all he does is splashing people.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Pikachu annoying? That's like saying Togepi is hideous. Now Ash on the other hand..

Foxing Buizel

*Turns head* *Bui!"
    Years
  • Why yes I am upset to see that Pikachu is considered annoying. I can't see how, oh wait, I guess Pikachu's voice could be a little off the top at times. I have heard the "kaaa" a couple of times peak at a very high and very loud pitch, that did make me turn the TV down a bit xD.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I can't see the video yet, but Ash is the number 1 most annoying character, right?

err... right? o_O

As far as Pikachu being annoying... I absolutely loved him in the 1st season, but he got more bland in the later seasons. I pretty much stopped watching the Pokemon anime a little way through Johto, then watched it again when Ash battled Gary in the Johto league (I think that's when they actually battled besides the 1 on 1 Pikachu vs Eevee battle).

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    Annoying, no. Lost his charm, yes. Recently, Pikachu didn't show a lot of his (assuming he's a male) personalities as shown in the original series. I kind of prefer old Pikachu as opposed to new Pikachu.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pikachu lost its attitude , Thats why he become annoying.
    Yeah, or rather he became boring. In the original series, he could do his antics and oppose Ash once in a while. Nowadays he and Ash work like clockwork and Pikachu is just always the nicest there is. I suppose it makes sense, as they have been friends since forever by now and Pikachu has grown to become much like Ash. Except maybe a liiittle bit mature than the boy in some cases, haha.

As someone else said, I like Pikachu more as a pokémon than as an anime character.

Back