• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu

What do you think of Pikachu?

• I hate it (or dislike, whatever you feel)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Meh, haven't really thought about it

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I love my pikachu! (or something along those lines)

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    If I saw a pikachu, I'd make it a raichu ASAP. Despite some things I've said I don't really hate pikachu, he just got kinda tiresome eventually. Nowadays I'm more of a raichu fan.

Years
    I like Raichu and Pichu more than Pikachu. I don't know why. I don't hate Pikachu. I don't mind how it gets the spotlight, I don't watch the anime or do much Pokémon-related apart from the games and these forums so I can't really say I'm affected much by it.

Porygon-2000

Wobbufiend
    Years
    Who hates Pikachu?

Not quite sure if theres another post along these lines anywhere (mods, remove if this is the case) but im gonna post this anyway.

What do you people think of Pikachu? This is in any sense of the franchise, so think about it. Personally, I loathe the thing. The day Team Rocket comes to its senses and puts a bullet in its head will be the best day (for me, anyway). I think its underpowered (or SHOULD be, ahem), hardly cute and certainly not deserving of of its fame.

So, what do you guys (and gals) think? just give a reply,and if you do, please be sure to include a reason. Im curious how other people feel about the yellow rat.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    It is fine. Everyone hates a kiss @ss mascot, but who else could fill the punks shoes? It's cute and appealing to the younger folks, and evolves into a really cool poke.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    Anyone who hates Pikachu, to my eyes, is either using a non-standard, substantially watered-down definition of "hate" or prioritizes Pokémon much higher on their list of "Things to Feel Passionate About" than I (and probably most of the world's human population) do.

Sonikku

Super Speedie Sweetie
    Years
    What is up with his voice it sounds like "Pika pika chu chu pi chu chu pika" translating into "Hey I'm a Pikachu so I can say this it could be a swear word it coud be Help Help me! but you won't know the diffrence."

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Over-rating and overexposure can be bad for this species of Pokemon, sure Pika's cute. but overexposure had caused me to think it needs to be stated to not be the mascot anymore.
    I wish Ash didn't use it so much in battle, then maybe i'll appreciate it more

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Well, I don't hate Pikachu, but I am getting rather sick of him. There are loads of more awesome Pokémon to use as the franchise mascot. Like. RAICHU. Who is so much cooler okay? okay.

ryno09

Kindom Hearts Fan!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MN
    • Seen Feb 17, 2010
    I don't hate pikachu. well i like pichu more better. mostly because i forgot how to evovole pichu then got it stuck somewhere level 60. so i trade it on gts for a pikachu then got a pikachu.not much interesting though but. aleast i got my movie 09 pichu for soulsilver :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I dont hate it, but I wouldnt exactaly love it. Its decent. But every time I see pikachu in public I get excited and I just yell pikachu. Oh yeah that reminds me, who saw the pikachu and pokeball float at the macys parade yesterday? :D :D :D :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Useless in-game, and tied with Ash for most annoying character in the anime. Seriously, there is such a thing as trying to be too cute. I probably wouldn't hate the thing so much if it wasn't the star of every freakin' episode and on 90% of the merchandise. It would probably just be another one of those "Pokemon I catch only for the Pokedex."

But that smile... it causes my urge to kill to rise every time I see it...

This piece that I made in GIMP pretty much sums up my thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Ok.I've seen enough people hate pikachu.Only thing is that I see most videos on youtube:"Pikachu is a noob", "Pikachu dies", and more.I'm bored.I have to say,-i know-that pikachu stoles the other's pokemon spotlight.But if a pikachu appears randomly and it doesn't does nothing at you, will you kill it?If I were the guy who found that pikachu randomly, I wasn't going to kill it.Man, Everyone hates pikachu!(There are some fans still :/ )

:(

You have horrible grammar and make terrible use of punctuation.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I dont hate it, but I wouldnt exactaly love it. Its decent. But every time I see pikachu in public I get excited and I just yell pikachu. Oh yeah that reminds me, who saw the pikachu and pokeball float at the macys parade yesterday? :D :D :D :D

OMG I saw it and I was with my family watching it and I was like "OMG Pikachu!!" I was so happy and my family was like "Whatever.."

Back