• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's Gender Debate - Warning: Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    This might totally find out the gender of Ash's Pikachu.... =p

Spoiler:

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
    Since we don't know the gender of the other pokemon I find this kinda pointless...IMO I always thought pikachu was a male, but now that I think about it...I don't really care.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, of course it's a male Pikachu...if it were female, that would open up a whole dimension of things about its relationship with Ash that the writers wouldn't want to have to go over (first of which is one episode where Ash turned into a Pikachu...), nor do I REALLY want to think about.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    It's a pokemon. "femininity"? Come on.

well its true look at some of the pokemon we have seen over the t.v shows which have shown that they are female for example do you recall the episode where in advanced challenge where it was donphan dancing time whereeach male donphan would dance to impress other female donphan and as you saw te female one showed her 'femininity' by not dancing etc.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
    Well, I don't watch the anime because it's super annoying IMO. Anyway, some pokemon are obviously male or female, and some like Ash's pikachu don't show a whole lot of masculinity/feminity either way..I just assumed it was a male, by default. But....
    That brings up the question, where do the eggs come from?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Well, I don't watch the anime because it's super annoying IMO. Anyway, some pokemon are obviously male or female, and some like Ash's pikachu don't show a whole lot of masculinity/feminity either way..I just assumed it was a male, by default. But....
    That brings up the question, where do the eggs come from?

I always wondered. How do pokemon breed without genitals.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I have all along thought of Ash's Pikachu as a male.. when they went to hotsprings, Pikachu went to the same bath as Ash and Brock did.. I don't suppose a female Pikachu would be there would it? xD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Mimiroru

After having various Mimiroru attack her during her travels, Hikari came across another Mimiroru. Eager to add it to her team, she attempts to battle it and eventually succeeds and captures it. Mimiroru is female and appears to have a crush on Ash's Pikachu and knows many poweful attacks including Ice Beam

Obtained in episode: Lets Play with Mimiroru!

Meh.... that could be true. Serebii is usually accurate. I didnt notice this before.

Treecko Tamer

AKA 'Darkliger'
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2012
    Yes, somehow I serious doubt that Mimiroru is a male. I mean, some of the human characters on the show may have left some ambiguity about their sexual orientation, but never the Pokemon.

Every time a Pokemon showed its feeling to another Pokemon, or even a human, there was always some clarity as to the the Pokemon's gender. For example, Ash's Butterfree (male) and the pink Butterfree (female), Ash's Chikorita (female), Charizard (male) and Charla (female), Meowth (male, of course) and Meowsy (female)... and that's just naming a few cases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back