• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
  • Not too bad. The ears are a little too big. It doesn't really look too "pokemon-ish" either. I think fixing the eyes would help a lot in that area.

Years
  • Pixel Art Lounge

Luigi, how he appears in Silver Moons. He's a mage.
    Mario however, may be in Silver Moons. Or he'll be in Shiny Man.....dunno yet.
    Both SMW style (Ignore Davis)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    Daviku said:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Luigi, how he appears in Silver Moons. He's a mage.
    Mario however, may be in Silver Moons. Or he'll be in Shiny Man.....dunno yet.
    Both SMW style (Ignore Davis)

they still need alot of shading and maybe lighter colors, that oune unnamed guy looks ok, but needs coloring in the hair and pants, mario needs coloring in the gloves and the red/blue ones just look weird with mullets, stick with at least base ball caps... mario cant do without a hat (xcept in super mario strikers) you did good accruacy of the face though...almost looks like a rip. as for luigi, he looks like a girl scout, he also needs a little more shading, and make his hair a bit shorter, he looks like he has a mullet also. I hope this will help you in making your sprites even more terrific! 7/10

Years
  • Swizzler121 said:
    they still need alot of shading and maybe lighter colors, that oune unnamed guy looks ok, but needs coloring in the hair and pants, mario needs coloring in the gloves and the red/blue ones just look weird with mullets, stick with at least base ball caps... mario cant do without a hat (xcept in super mario strikers) you did good accruacy of the face though...almost looks like a rip. as for luigi, he looks like a girl scout, he also needs a little more shading, and make his hair a bit shorter, he looks like he has a mullet also. I hope this will help you in making your sprites even more terrific! 7/10
    well, I did do them Super Mario World style. There is not much shading on them. If you look at a regular SMW style sprite it would have less shading than other sprites. This is because SMW was the first SNES game, so the spriting style is kinda limited in shading.
    Luigi wasn't spoce to have THAT much hair... Once I look at him now, he scares me...XD. But Mario is suposed to be hatless and have long hair. I tried to King Micky him, so he looks darker.
    And I know what to improve with Davis. He's only there for size comparason.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    oh ok, thx for clearing up, well, in that case, buzzcut marios hair and give him a mohawk! (JK) well anyway, good luck on finishing the sprites, I look forward to seeing the final copy!

EDIT: i have finished my lance sprite, Can I have some comments and tips?
    Pixel Art Lounge

EDIT2: I have now finished Jessie, Stop...HAMMA TIME!
    as before comments and ratings are welcome
    Pixel Art Lounge

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Here is just a sample of the scratch work I've finished since closing my thread almost two months ago. This one is a plant-type I call Tustalk.

Pixel Art Lounge

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Wow! I like it a lot. I think it could use some white in its eyes, though.

Anyway, here are some sprites of my own.
    Pixel Art Lounge
    A custom I call Lindwurm,
    Pixel Art Lounge
    What exactly DO you call these things? Heavy edits? Made of a bit of recoloring and some other trainer parts.
    Pixel Art Lounge
    And finally, a Plusle chao.
    PLEASe comment on them..

Squirrel_

Ending It All
    Years
  • work on your shading alittle bit. Other than that the custom is great. The trainer without wings is better. And the chao is perfect!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Umm...did he say it was custom?? He didn't really specify if it was custom or not. But yeah...that is the outline of Eevee's backsprite. :\

Years
  • Yes, I copied the pose is from Eevee, but I drew that on my own. But I never said it was custom, did I? :dead:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back