• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PK Dark; The old turned new. PG-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Shade Woods

They were almost to Viridian City. Determination flowed through Shade as he and Calloway drew nearer to their destination. Since his encounter with his inner demons, Shade was more focused than ever. He had already gone over his workout plan for him and Calloway. Despite Shade?s excitement, Calloway did not enjoy the idea so much.

A 2-mile jog for warm-up, accuracy training for 1 hour, staggered sit-ups for 30 minutes, and staggered push-ups for 30 minutes. That is a bit ridiculous, don?t you think?

Shade gave Calloway a confused look. ?Of course not, what makes you say that??

I can get the first three. I will give you those, but push-ups. If you had not noticed, I do not have arms.

?Good point. Don?t worry, I will figure out something else for you to do during that time.?

The two walked a little more is silence before the small Weedle spoke up. So what are you going to do when you complete your quest?

?What do you mean??

Well, I know you are training to you can protect those you love, but is that all you will do. Are you going to go back to the same town and do nothing but make sure they are safe? What about you Shade?

Shade?s face grew stern. ?I have seen what happens when I do things for myself. It is time I do things for others. Let?s just drop the subject for now, Calloway. We have more important things to?.?

That is when Shade heard the sound again. This time, however, he was the quicker one. Grabbing Calloway, Shade dove to the side and avoided the diving Pidgey?s attack easily.

?Not again my friend, this time it is you who will loose. Calloway, I got a plan this time. Just follow my lead.?

What do you mean this time? Are you telling me that last time you didn?t?

?That is not important.? By this time the Pidgey had once again dove at the two of them. ?Calloway, hit it with a string shot!? A web shot out from Calloway and straight for the Pidgey, but just like the first one, this Pidgey also pulled up over the web and prepared to hit the Weedle with a gust of wind.

?Alright Calloway, shoot your web at the ground and hold up.?

What! That is your plan?

?Just do it!? The Weedle complied and hit the ground with his web. The flying pokemon unleashed its gust of wind upon Calloway, but as Shade plan, the web rope kept Calloway from flying backwards. ?Good job, Calloway, now get ready for his second dive.?

The Pidgey, angered that his first attacked fail, dove at Calloway again with its claws ready to grab the small Weedle. The Pidgey got closer and closer.

Any time now you can reveal your plan buddy. The Weedle was getting nervous.

Still nothing left the mouth of Shade.It looked as if he wasn?t going to do anything. Just as Calloway started preparing for the hit, Shade yelled his plan.

?Dive to the left and hit it with a string shot.?

Calloway dove out of the way just in time and turned to face the other pokemon. Getting it in his view, the Weedle launched its web at the Pidgey and hit it on the leg.

?Good job Calloway, now that you have it caught, pull the string with all you got and slam that Pidgey on the ground.?
    Obeying his orders, Calloway yanked the web as hard has he could to the ground. Although the Pidgey tried its best to escape, the force was too much for it to fight and it was pulled to the ground. The bird hit the ground hard and was unable to return to the air immediately.

?Good Job, now hit it will poison sting. That should finish this battle off.? Calloway rushed up to the Pidgey and stabbed it with its stringer. It was indeed the final blow. The Pidgey gave a defeated cry and lay helpless on the ground.

It is all yours Shade. Calloway backed up and gave Shade a clear shot.

Taking one of his empty pokeballs, Shade threw it at the fallen Pidgey. The ball only shook a few times before laying motionless on the ground. Walking over to pick it up, Shade was unable to suppress a smile. Picking up the pokeball, Shade looked a Calloway and laughed.

?Good job, Calloway, now I have to make a whole new training schedule," Shade joked as he gave the Weedle another smile.

Shut up and let?s go. I am tired and want a rest. Calloway tried to be serious but Shade could tell the excitement in his voice.

Shade returned him to his pokeball and cover the last distance to Viridian City, smiling the whole way.

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    "Wow..."She said with a semi impressed tone. "But where are you going to sleep." She joked. I flufed my pile of leave's.
    "Right here."
    "Thank you..." There was a long silence, as she stared at me in a way she hadn't before.
    "Ya' know," I pulled up my package. "I have no clue why I haven't opened this thing yet." She squated down very close to me.
    "Then..." I began to slowly tear away at the brown wraping, revealing an elagant black box, that look as though it were glass.I stared at it then slowly fliped open the top to the tune of Joeltelleion's Gift. Could this really be from him... Inside the box was a prachment, and a pitchblack pokeball, that I reconized right away was my father's. I grabed for the parchment and read it to myself.
    Son...
    I'm sending this to you on behalf of your 16th birthday...
    I know it's a day early but, hey...

I'm sorry...
    I truly am...
    I could write all day, but... You don't need to know.
    We love you Curtis...
    Treat him with care...

PS

DO NOT LET THE BOX FALL INTO THE WORNG HANDS!

"Oh my god..." Are they still alive... I grabed for the pokeball and called it out quickly wiping tear's from my eye's hoping Liz wouldn't see. "SHADOW!" My heart raced with excitement... "It's you." He bowed before me and smiled, then quiclky jumped up and huged me.

White_Winter_Wolf

Sasuke's Female Reincarnation!
    Years
    "You know, I don't care if you cry, right?" I said and patted him on the back. I looked at my bed. "This jackwt is really nice. Are you sure you really want ot use something like this? I mean, I'm used to sleeping in the trees." I said and picked it up. I wrapped it on his shoulders. Plus, I have a feeling its important to you. I don't want it to be harmed." I smiled and hopped up into a tree quickly. "NIght, Curt-chan."

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    I"What do you mean?" I looked up at her hoping into the trees. "I'm not the type to cry..." I took off my mother's coat. "And this old thing mean's nothing to me... Matter of fact you can keep it.." I trew it up to her. "Ima go for a walk if that's ok with you?"

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Shade Woods

Shade walked into Viridian City in a high spirit. In the short trip from Pallet to here, he had not only won his first trainer battle, but he had also captured a second pokemon. Even the fact that he had to be rescued from a bad battle didn't seem to bring him down. In fact, it pushed him even harder. He did, however, feel bad about the way had treated the other trainer.

I guess Calloway was right. All the boy was trying to do was help, and I got mad at him for it. If I see him again, I will have to apologize. First, however, I need to get my friends a bit of a rest.

Shade found the Center with little trouble, but when he entered, he was a bit surprised. The inside looked to be the aftermath of a battle zone. There were burn marks on the walls, the floor, and the ceiling. A few chairs, which had apparently been broken, were lying in a pile in the corner. The most troubling thing to Shade was a bloodstain on the floor. While a maintenance crew was working to clean up the mess, they still had a lot to do. Walking quickly pass the cleanup crew, Shade made his way to the nurse's station.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened here?"

"Well, it all started when two trainers came here to rest. Soon after they arrived, Team Rocket showed up with another with them. The first two trainers were able to run upstairs and get to their room. The other trainer, seeing the first two trainers, started fighting off the Team Rocket members. He was holding his own and actually winning, but as he attempted to take out the last Rocket, he was injured. He ran up stairs and escaped out a window I guess. When we went to find him, he was gone. The other two trainers swore to us that he was ok though and that it would be unnecessary to look for him. We took their word for it and let it be. They left the next morning. Oh, I am sorry, would you like me to heal your pokemon?"

Shade, so caught up in the story, took awhile to realize she asked him a question. "Um.... Of course, yes please." Shade handed her the pokeballs. "These trainers, was one of them a tomboyish girl with an attitude and another a quick to anger boy with a growlith?"

"Why, yes, yes, I believe that fits two of them. Why do you ask?"

"Friends of mine. Is there a room I can rest in while my pokemon heal?"

"Yes dear, up the stairs and to the left, it will be the first door. You can pick up your pokemon when you are ready."

Shade smiled and said thank you before heading up for a much needed rest.

Good, all the others made it this far. Guess I should have not worried about them after all. Nonetheless, I will rest much easier knowing they are safe.

Shade walked into the room and laid down in the bed. He was asleep before he could take his clothes off.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    OOC: It is not dead yet. The others are most likely out of town as I am. It is a holiday weekend after all. Also, I will be posting tomorrow if it makes you feel better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    OOC: Alright, I will have to finish this later.

Shade Woods

Shade awoke the next morning with a refreshed body and mind. He had not realized how tired he really was. It was logical though, seeing that the last time he had rested was at Professor Oaks lab. That is a long time for anyone. Shaking the sleep from his eyes, Shade quickly got out of bed and changed his clothes. The ones he had on were getting a little to dirty for his taste.

Once Shade got ready, he quickly headed down stairs and made his way to the nurse's station to pick up his pokemon. The nurse smiled at him and asked if he sleep good and if anything was wrong with his room. It was the normal happy talk she probably said to everyone. After he told her everything was fine, Shade was given his pokemon and ready to continue his journey.

Shade took some time to wander around town and restock on food and water before he was ready to continue on his way. Soon, Shade was once again on his way. Route 2 was not the most exciting place in the world, so Shade was soon lost in his own mind.

Dash, no that is a stupid name. Gust, that is just taking something she does and making it her name. Flap..... no. How did I come up with Calloway's name so easy and have so much trouble with this.... "Uff!"

Shade had been paying so little attention to where he was going that he did not notice the girl lying by the side of the road and tripped over her. The next few moments happened quickly and badly for Shade. The girl woke up with a scream. Her eyes caught the figure of Shade and she quickly scrambled to her feet. She was, the best that Shade could say, beautiful. Her shinny red hair flowed down and rested perfectly just below her shoulders. Even in the scramble to get up, only a few strands where in her face. Her brilliant blue eyes flickered with a dangerous fire as she glare at Shade with uncertainly. The girl's skin was fair and unscathed from any injury. She worn a dark brown jacket over a white t-shirt and a dark green dress that had seen the trials of traveling. It was torn and dirty at it bottom but the girl's beauty overshadowed it.

As Shade attempted to apologize and remember his name, another bad thing happened to Shade. Where he was once looking at the girl in front of him, Shade soon found that he was staring into the air with what felt like a bone on his throat. Needless to say, it was not very comfortable. Soon, Shade saw the face of the girl looking down on him.

"So, would you mind explaining to me what you were doing?" She waited for Shade's answer for a moment before realizing he could not talk. "Borab, please allow him to speak."

The cubone removed the bone from Shade's throat and got off of his chest. Standing up and catching his breath, Shade began to explain.

"I apologize for tripping over you. I was lost in my mind and not paying attention to where I was going. I did not attend to scare you and I am sorry for doing so." Shade paused for a moment and then reached out his hand. "My name is Shade by the way."

The girl looked at his hand and then back at Shade's face. "Charmed. I accept your apology and bid you good luck on your own journey. Come, Borab. We have place to be." With that, the girl and her cubone starting down the path in the same direction Shade was going in.

Shade stood still for a moment before taking off after the girl. "Can you at least tell me your name?" As Shade got close the Cubone turned and faced him menacingly.

"My name you ask. That is something I don't give away to strangers. I will tell you what. If you want to know my name so much then let's battle for it. If I win, you let me be, if you win, I will tell you my name. Do you accept."

Shade smiled at the girl request. "I would not have it any other way."

With that the one face off against each other. Shade pulled out his pokeball and called out his newly gained pidgey. The pidgey flapped its wings a few times and then stared at Shade.

You must be my trainer. My name is Breeze.

"Nice to meet you Breeze. My name is Shade and I hope you are ready to battle." Breeze flapped her wings again and turn to face the cubone. "I will take that as a yes."

"Good it looks like your ready. Borab, hit it with your bonemerang." The cubone nodded in agreement and launched its bone club at Breeze. The pidgey was quick and easily dodged the attack.

If that is all he has, this fight is already over.

"What are you doing? It is a bonemerang attack! It comes back!" The pidgey had already made the mistake though. The bone club, returning to the cubone, slammed into the back of the pidgey and sent her straight to the ground. While the attack did some good damage, it was not enough to take Breeze out.

Dang, I was not expecting that. This will be harder than I thought.

"Shade, you will have to do better than that if you want to know my name." The girl was smiling with confidence, as her cubone prepared for another attack.

"Don't worry about that one Breeze. I have a plan."

Breeze was back in the air and the girl was back on the attack. "Hit it with another bonemerang attack." Once again, the bone club came flying at Breeze.

"Breeze, hit the club with a gust and send it back at that cubone." The pidgey complied and flapped its wings with such speed that the club not only stopped but then changed direction and flew back at the cubone. The cubone, however, did not move. Instead, when the club was about to hit, he reached out his hand and caught it.

"That was quite impressive, Shade. This will not be boring after all."

Shade gave the girl a grin. "Just be ready to tell me your name once I win."

White_Winter_Wolf

Years
    OOC: Ahh! I'm sorry, I was busy! Finals, then new dormsa and a bunch of stuff! I will save this RPG!

I looked out at the stars and began making pictures in the stars. My mother used to do this with me, before she got cancer. I remember it so well.

I grabbed my moms and hand as I waited to hear from the docter. I was only 7, but I knew it was bad. Cancer, the word struck fear into my heart. I burst out crying and hugged my mom. "Shhh, Lizzy, it's okay. You don't need to be sad." "But, your sick! I'm scared for you!
    "You don't have to be scared. I'll always be with you. If not on her, up in the stars watching down on you and smiling as you grow up into a beautiful women." She began to rub circles on my back and hummed a song. I slowly fell asleep.

I missed my mom so much. When I was young, I looked up into the stars and tried to find my mom, but I never saw her. I always saw my dad's face glaring down on me instead.
    "Ouch!" I whimpered as my dad slapped me in the face.
    "You deserve it. You worthless and weak. You should just die."
    "Fine with me! Then I'll be with mom!" He slapped me and picked me up by the neck. I gasped for breath and my face began to go purplish.
    "I hate you." I kicked him where it hurt most and ran towards the door. He threw his empty beer bottle at me. It shattered at the back of my neck, nearly killing me, but I keep running.

I shuddered at the memory and felt the scar. It had never healed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    OOC: Glad to see someone is still with this. Don't worry about the delay. Life happens and it is more important than an RP. I will have time to post tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    OOC: A little rough around the edges. Sorry it took so look.

Shade Woods

This trainer was good and her Cubone was powerful. Breeze was inexperienced in battle and getting tired. This battle would be a loss if it kept going the way it was.

"How are you holding out Breeze?" Shade knew she would say she was fine, but he felt as if he still needed to ask.

I am fine Shade. He may be strong but all I am doing in dodging attacks. It doesn't take that much out of me.

She was lying and Shade knew it. She was getting slower. The bonemerang attacks were getting closer and she had almost been hit a multitude of times.

"I thought you were better than this Shade. If I knew all I would be doing it trying to hit a moving target, I would have never challenged you. Do something or forfeit the battle." The female trainer had irritation in her voice. Shade could not blame her either. He was not doing anything. It was not from lack of a strategy however. He had been hoping to make the Cubone tired and then go in for an attack. It was not working.

She's right. I have to do something, but nothing seems to be working.

Shade had tried a few different attacks. All of them failed just the same. Even though it wasn't looking good. Shade still had a few tricks left.

"Alright Breeze, let's try something different. He had been able to stop all of your attacks because of his club. Let's attack when he doesn't have it. Dodge his next bonemerang and then go in for the hit."

Sound like a suicide dive to me.

"Do you have a better plan?" The pidgey said nothing and continued to watch the Cubone.

"Borab, hit it again." The girls voice was slow and dull. The Cubone also looked bored as he flung his club at the Pidgey again. Once again, Breeze dodged the attack, but this time, after the club had past, the Pidgey dove towards the Cubone at full speed.

The female trainer smiled, "It is about time." As the Pidgey drew closer to her mark, the Cubone did nothing. Breeze was only a few feet away when the female trainer finally gave her orders. "Borab, use your leer attack."

"Breeze, don't look at it." This was shouted too late however. The Pidgey had already locked eyes and was frozen in place only a few feet away from her target. To make matters worse, the Cubone's bone club was now on its way back to its owner.

"Breeze, snap out of it." The bone club was getting closer and the Pidgey made no attempt to move. "Breeze, you can do it. Break out of its glare." Breeze was starting to shake but stayed stuck in her place. The bone club was only a few moments away from striking. "BREEZE!" The Pidgey snapped out of her trance and pulled up just in time to avoid the attack. The Cubone, surprised that the Pidgey broke out of its gaze, barely had time to dodge out of the way of its own club.

"Borab, be careful! Remember what happened last time." The Cubone nodded and quickly retrieved its club. Other than her small response, the female trainer thought little of the attack. Shade, however, was now positive that the battle was his.

"I am sorry to tell you this, but you have lost this battle." At first, the female trainer looked shocked, this was followed by a look of amusement.

"Funny trainer but you are a long way from winning. Cubone, hit it with another bonemerang." The words had barely left her mouth when the Cubone launched his club once again. A grin crossed Shade's face as it happened.

"This battle is over." Breeze evaded the attack. "Breeze, use your sand attack."

Nice plan Shade.

The Pidgey quickly blew sand at the Cubone, striking it in the eyes and blinding it for a time. The bone club started to return to the Cubone.

"Borab, watch out!" The Cubone could not hear her because it was to focus on the sand in its eyes. The bone stuck its owner on the head and sent it reeling backwards.

"Breeze, finish it off with a gust attack!" The Pidgey flapped its poweful wings, and the gust sent the Cubone flying backwards into a nearby tree. The Cubone made not attempted to get back up.

The trainer, shocked at her loss, pulled out a pokeball and returned the Cubone. After looking at the pokeball for a moment, she turned her eyes to Shade, walked up to him, and reached out her hand. "My name is Sky. It is nice to meet you."

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Name: Julian Skynine
    Starter Pokemon: Sandshrew, "Slash"
    Personality: Julian is a comedian. He loves to tell jokes, and make people laugh. He is a glorious optomist, and pretty much sees the glass half full about most of his life. However, he has a romantic side, and will do anything to protect the people that he loves. At times, he can be a real womanizer, and some people mistake that for perversion. Alas, you can't win 'em all.
    Apperance: Julian has a thin, average complexion. He is not very muscular, but he isn't fat, either. He has blonde average length hair usually covering his left eye. Both eyes are a deep forest green color. His usual apparel is light brown khaki's and a white t-shirt.
    Breif history: Julian's brother Isaac set out to be a pokemon trainer 3 years ago. He was wildly successful, and gathered all 8 gym badges of Kanto. After returning, he was challenged by a powerful trainer from a distant land, and was defeated viciously. Isaac then left Saffron, and hasn't been seen since. A year later, Julian recieves a letter. Immediately, he sets out to collect the 8 gym badges of Kanto.
    Home town: Saffron.
    RPG sample:*Bump Bump Bump* The thud of the tires hitting dirt road jarred Clyde. It was a long ride to Blackthorne City, especially by truck. The black truck was pretty cramped for 5 Rocket grunts, and it was very uncomfortable sitting on wooden benches. After 20 minutes of silence, one of the grunts spoke. It was Ryan; a younger Rocket who had just joined the Team.
    "This is taking too long!" He whined, banging his fist on the wall of the truck. He had been complaining ever since we had left. Finally, the driver got sick of it. He nodded back to Rufus, a heavy-set black man. He nodded back, and released his Espeon.
    "Hypnosis." He yawned, and so did Ryan. He fell asleep almost instantly. Rufus didn't bother to return Espeon to its ball.
    "He's driving me nuts, that kid." Clyde angrily exclaimed.
    "He isn't experienced enough to go through with this mission." Releasing his Pidgeotto, Clyde opened the back door of the truck and sent it off to scout the area. Within a minute, Pidgeotto roared back towards the truck, screaming wildly. Clyde stood again, and leaned out of the truck, looking onwards - the wind violently whipping his face. From what he could see, there were 4 or 5 trainers standing in a line, blocking the road. The Rocket van pulled over, and Clyde got a look at the trainers. In the middle of them, he recognized Claire, the gym leader. He looked back into the truck at the other grunts and mumbled.
    "This could get ugly."

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    OOC: YAY!!! I dont have time to post now but I will in a couple of hours, hopefully this gets livlyier agin. And how'd ya' do on your final's?

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    I began to walk in the moonlight, as my mind wandered off into the unknown. Shadow jumped to my shoulder as Blaze stayed at side. I can't belive my Father could. My thoughts were interupted by a golden glow, the beamed into the forest. Shadow jumped to the ground and both pokemon kelt before the glow. "Joel..." I spoke t the light.
    "I told you, that you wern't done." The glow spoke with power. "Now is the perfect time... You have my vessel... From your father... It is time to see him."
    "How?" I quickly questioned.
    "This will be your last job..."
    "Huh..." This can't be my last...
    "Once you finish you will be done forever..." I looked toward the ground, then back in the direction of the camp. I was finaly starting a life... She might even like me... No... She could never like me... Never...
    "Ok..."
    "Then walk into the light." I turned to my pokemon.
    "I love you guys, ya' know that right." I said wipeing the tear's from my eyes.
    "Watch after her for me k'." I turned toward the light. "Goodbye." I walked into the glow, and it and I vanished.

White_Winter_Wolf

Years
    OOC: Welcome to the party! And about finals, I got best grade in my class. Really, what else is their to do on planes when your moving other then study? I'm in 9th grade, when I'm suppoesd to be in 7th. Spelling though...

I woke up to a strange melody. 'The lullaby!' It was the same on from my dream. I looked over and so the boy and his pokemon. Suddenly a bright light appereared. He was walking towards it. "Sto..!" I was cut off as a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waste and a cloth covered my mouth. I slowly drifted into blackness. "Curtis... lov... Cur... love yo..."

I woke up to a dark room. And a empty room. All their was for furniture was a bed, which I was on, a small table, a chair and a bucket. I looked over and saw a door. I walked over to it and tugged the handle. Locked. I looked around. There was a barred window above the bed. I jumped onto the bed and looked out. The type of trees seemed like the trees right out of Saffron. I pulled on the bars.
    "What the h*** do you think your doing?" I turned and saw a large man right inside the door. He had a five o'clock shadow and was dress in ragged clothes, but I still reconised him.
    "Dad..."

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    I was teleported into a brightly light room. Everything seemed to be reflecting light. "My son." I turned to see my father. His entire budy seemed t be a blur in my eyes, as did the rest of the room. I wanted to grab and hug him, but I couldn't even speak. "You came sooner then we expected." His voice seemed to echco. "Now son. Place the box on the scaner." He pointed toward the table. Somthing was not right. I remeber somthing like this before, I just couldn't put my finger on it. And yet I noded against my will, as if I wasn't in control of myself. I REMBER! It was all Joeltellion. It was his world. His limitless immagaination. He had tooken me here before, to do somthing. But I forgot... How could I forget... Nonetheless I did as I was told and placed the box on the scaner. "Thank you my son. But you must go now. Goodbye my soon. You have done well." There was a flash and I woke up, in a house in Saffron.
    "W-what happened..." I did not rember a thing. All of a sudden my pupils dialated and my memory was reprogramed. I shook my head. "Better take my pills."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back