• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN Ruby Destiny Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    RE

Hey there. ^_^ Firstly, gotta say, RoL is absolutely a fantastic game, and I can't wait to finish it to start RR and LoG.

My only complaint is the encounter rate in DarkWoods. It's ridiculous. :D I can't go more than three or four steps.

My one (major) question is, what am I supposed to do with the Meteorite I got from Mt. Blaze? I'm up to Mt. Pyre by now and I still haven't figured out what to do with it. Do I just hang on to it?

And my one bug issue is, uh... I did the first six gyms, made my way to Retazo City, battled my rival, then went over to Mt. Pyre. I got the call from the ranger saying he wanted my help with SL, then instead of forwarding me to Cherrygrove City (as I've since learned it was supposed to do), it just pushed me into Mt. Pyre. Going out and back in did nothing. So I went up to the top, completed the event with Diark, came back down, and got the second call from the ranger, saying SL escaped, Blitz was recovering, etc, and that they wanted me to go to Montami, even though I never did that event.

Luckily, I use my freeze/defrost states instead of saving most of the time, so I still have an actual save file that is far enough back, I can try again. Let's see... I was riding my bike at the time I got the first call? Maybe that was what messed with the scripts? Anyways, I'm gonna try again, walking, but has anyone else heard of this problem?

EDIT: Okay, I found a reference to the same thing on page 72... seems like they had the same problem... Still gonna try it again, see if I can reproduce the problem, or at least find a way around it.

EDIT 2: Figured it out! Well, now, part of me's wondering why I even bothered posting about the problem in the first place. Other than feeling sheepish, though, I think I've confirmed a definite glitch that might want to be noted. The area at the base of mt. pyre is one of those areas where you can't fly and can't get on your bike. However, if you're already riding your bike when you go into the area, you'll stay on it. If you're going at speed when you hit the door, you'll get the call from the ranger, but you'll go into Mt. Pyre, thus enabling you to skip the Shadow Lugia event. If walking, or if going slowly on the bike when you enter the door, you'll go to Cherrygrove. My best guess is that it's a result of a built-in script for the bike, to ensure that people can keep going at speed after the text. So, yeah, easiest way to avoid it is to not be riding the bike while entering mt. pyre.

But, yeah, thanks! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    I dont know how to download the game o-0
    I downloaded it and patch it on a ruby game-thingy, but it doesnt work TT^TT
    I actually have no idea of how hacks work anyway @-@

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • how do you get glaceon?
    i have leafeon but i REALLY want glaceon...
    In which game?

Where can I find dive and where is Entei?
    Dive is given from Ash on the Fire Path where Entei waiting in the cave

I dont know how to download the game o-0
    I downloaded it and patch it on a ruby game-thingy, but it doesnt work TT^TT
    I actually have no idea of how hacks work anyway @-@
    Did ya use IPS Win or other patching program?

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • First download the IPS on the first page.
    Then google a clean Ruby ROM.
    Download LIPS.
    Patch the IPS to Ruby(I don't know how to use LIPS because i use a different patcher.Sorry).
    You're done....

Is the beta that's downloadable in the LoG topic the whole game or does it stop somewhere in the middle of the game?
    I think its the full game not sure though
    and what patcher do you use?
    and can someone tell us where the game ends

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    lots of pages, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem...I decided to go with chimchar as my dppt starter pokemon that you get from the fat guy...well, when it got to level 14, it evolved and was then at lvl 16...anyone else have that happen? (not complaining though :-p)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I can't get past the ice path. I can NEVER get past the gliding. Seriously, I've tried it about 50+ times.

Horrible. Anyone got any suggestions?

Francesca

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    I can't get past the ice path. I can NEVER get past the gliding. Seriously, I've tried it about 50+ times.

Horrible. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Seems weird. :[. I've already experienced that. But i forgot what did i have done to pass through it. Sorry about that.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Use save files. Save right before you try so if you fail, load and there's no time wasted. Pass a part? Use a save file so you don't have to start over if you fail.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    Okay, so.....I feel incredibly dumb. Where is Thin Forest located? Mesprit is the only one I'm missing (though I had to use codes for Raikou, Registeel, and Celebi because they didn't show up even after completing everything), and I have been all over the place looking for it. I've seen a video CATCHING it, however all it did was show me the location itself, not where it was at.

It doesn't show up on the PokeNav, and I'm about to lose my mind. Sorry, I feel dumb asking, but could someone please point me in the right direction?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2010
    Go to Cinnabar Island, and Surf South. Go until you find a place that looks like Ruby's Underwater Cave then dive. Finish (Awake the Groudon) event and go south of Tabuli Town. Enter through the cave nearby Ash's house south of Tabuli, You'll meet up with a lv.40 ENTEI. Capture/Faint it, then progress. You'll be in that City that replaces sootopolis, go to the cave of Origin, Capture/Faint Groudon, then go to the eighth gym in the same city, and battle Leader Krona and the Ruby Destiny Team.

Then go to Ultima City and go battle the league, and then finish the D.LUGIA event in Kanto REgion, Capture it(only capturable by Masterball)\faint it. You finished the game's man storyline. THe capture\meet all the legends, afterwise, go to rentelbud ,enter the cave and battle Angeallen. DONE

OK Guys i really can't understand Why i still can't proceed with this help.. I've awaken groudon and it dissappear nowhere... And the weather ourside goes sunny day... I've head to the above mention cave just beside ash's house... Enter the cave where entei is blocking the way... but i still get the same thing.. "Rrraaaarrr!.... What is that pokemon? and i'm led out again?? Is there anything else that i forget to do?? Need a reply asap here... Thks..

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    How do i get Ho-oh... ive got all 8 badges, cleared elite 4 caught shadow lugia, but i still can't catch Ho-oh... any ideas why i can't?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back