• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plague [PG-16;IC]

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Jack Spark
    Balice City
    Hotel

Jack looked around as he saw more and more people enter the hotel. They were growing into a small company, perfect. If they all could get along, they could probably survive through... whatever this was. Thoughts flooded Jack's mind, sad thoughts about death, and such. Jack shook his head, emptying his mind of such negative thoughts. He was in a group, he would now be safer... hopefully. He looked at the girl who had been in the hotel, she would probably be the leader, for now, since she had been here for the longest time among the group. He would have to focus right on survival... and such. It was the most important thing right now.

He suddenly heard a loud cry from behind, and turned around to see a Scolipede on his hind legs, trying to scare a Furret away. Jack sighed, he seemed to be getting scared of every noise nowadays. The outbreak had changed him, he had become timid, but more alert. He had to work on the timid part though, otherwise the group would definitely not include him, and just think of him as a burden.

"Well, my name is Destiny. And if you don't mind, could you all come with me? You never know when a group of wandering zombies will pass by this place. It would be better if we went up a bit more; there's a lounge upstairs where we can talk. I also have some Portable PCs upstairs if you need one. And don't try to take the elevator, it's... not operational. I can just teleport us. The lounge is on the fifth floor."

Destiny, huh? That was a rather unusual name, he had not heard a name like that before. But, right now, while he was relieved that he had found company, and would not go insane being lonely, he had a lot of things to ask, and work to do. The girl started to walk up the stairs, and Jack immediately followed her, ignoring all the other people. He started to walk beside her, and said, "Um, hi Destiny, I'm Jack, Jack Spark. I see that you called all of us with the Unfezant, but I have to ask a few things, they are really important. First of all, you seem to have attracted quite a few people to this hotel, and this place is large so there should be no problem about accommodation. But, what about food? Do you have enough food to take care of so many of us? And water?" Jack paused, he was, as usual, acting as the leader. He had to stop doing that. He let out a sigh, then said, "Sorry if I'm being too... um, you know. But that is stuff I need to know."

Jack glanced at the entrance, it was quite weak, it probably wouldn't hold off against a horde of zombies. They would already be on their way here anyways, smelling the whole group of fresh meat out. Jack was worrying a bit again, but it was this worry, and this paranoia that had made sure he lived to see another day in the past.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: Wait, I thought the staircase to the second floor was destroyed so the only way up was a ladder? How are all you just walking up a non-existent staircase >.>

Jason Wells, Male, 20

Jason didn't have to wait for long until more survivors showed up, many had with them pokemon and they all looked like they were in there right mind. He made his way back down to street level and towards the hotel quickly, still wary of joining others when it had been quite awhile since he had talked to anybody but himself. He shrugged off the uneasiness as he made it into the first room of the hotel, where it looked like the staircase to the next level had been destroyed and the only way up to the second level was a ladder.

Jason climbed the ladder and looked around at everybody else, learning there names by overhearing there conversations. Miharu who had a Gardevoir and a Gengar, Destiny who seemed to be in charge, Neal who Jason thought was either trying to flirt with Destiny or was just overly formal, Magnus with a Kirlia and a Mawile, and a few others who he had arrived too late to hear there names or who hadn't said there names at all yet. Either way, Destiny said that they should go upstairs and that she had portable PCs they could use if they wanted, which really wasn't something Jason cared about since Sasha was his only pokemon. She also suggested they avoid the elevator, she would teleport them upstairs to the fifth floor instead of taking the elevator. Jason thought for a moment before deciding the physical exhaustion of walking up three stories would be preferable to the possibility of disorientation brought about by teleportation and started walking up the steps, careful to avoid the steps from the first to second floor that had been destroyed to prevent zombies from entering.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Scott McClain
    Hotel
    Not so very lonely

We had walked into the lounge after Destiny introduced herself. There wasn't much in the room just a few tables and such. It seemed like every one was all apart, alone. Everyone seemed as if they didn't want a part of the group. Who ever felt like this needed to forget it. We needed to work together in order to survive. Although I needed to get back up to my room, I may have some things there that will help us survive. Destiny had walked away, along with a man. I looked around and got up, I took my back pack and set it down on a nearby table. I took out all of its contents. I needed to take note of what I had had. At the top of the bag was about Seven bottles of water. I puled them out and lined them onto the table. Only seven bottles wasn't much, but it could be very important and useful. I continued to looked through the bag. I found a white rag that I had used to clear out the sand from my shotgun. Which I realized I might want to take off. I pulled off the strap and lied it onto the medium sized table. I looked deeper into the bag, there wasn't anything left. Except my Squirtle's pokeball.

"What the hell?" I said softly under my breath.

I rubbed my face and then put all my supplies back in the bag, except the waters. I took one of the waters and put it in my bag. I zipped my back pack and put it back on my back with the DAO-12. I looked around the group and said

"If anyone needs any water, take ONE of these. If you already have one don't take any. Let the people with out get one first."

I thought I made it very clear. It seemed like I was being bossy but I felt I was right. If you already have water why take from the ones that don't have any. I knew this wasn't that last bottles we would ever see. There were loads back at the gas station. This is a dang hotel, there is plenty here. I walked back to the chair I was at and sat back down.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

• Destiny Saviouer
    Balice City; Hotel
    Talking... a horrid sound.

"Yup, it's Miharu," Miharu replied.

Neal laughed, "I guess that we've all been to Hoenn at some point! I also have a beautiful, intelligent Gardevoir! She's helped me win all of the contests, she is just so amazing."

"Like stated earlier, I'm Mizushima Miharu-er, Miharu is my first name, Mizushima is my last name, that is... English is the worst language possible." 'There's a reason it's called your first name,' I thought.

Suddenly the man grabbed my hand and kissed it. "My name is Neal Samson, Miss Destiny." He then moved on to kiss the hand of the girl that had been riding the Hydreigon, "And you are, miss?"

I noticed Miharu roll her eyes, "Bishamon could help with the teleporting as well," She stated, "And I got my own portable PC, thanks." Well then, I guess I wasn't the only one lucky enough to come across a few. They were ridiculously expensive, lucky there were no shop owners to yell at you when you stole from them now. The closest thing to that was their zombie form screeching at you. That happened to me at one store.
    "Oh, and I would think of you as a battler, not a contest person, Neal-san."

Neal gave Miharu a glance,
    "Why, Miss Mizushima?"

Miharu shrugged, "You seemed like the type." She paused for a moment,
    "And stop referring to me as 'miss'. You're bloody older than me for ****'s sake."

"A lady should not use such vulgar language,"
    Neal murmured.

Miharu smirked,
    "I don't really think of myself as such a lady anyways, so that's quite alright."

"I influence you!"
    I was startled for a moment, before I saw Miharu's shiny Gengar that could talk. I also recalled that he was an alchoholic. I had no idea how I had missed something as odd as him.

Miharu gave her face a nice handful of palm, "Bishamon, if he influences me in any way possible, do me a favour and kill me right then and there." There was a slight pause, "I'm not sure whether or not to be happy or sad that you agreed to it right away." Another slight pause, "I'll be happy then-Wait, that's what you want me to do which is why you said sad, but then this goes into a 'I know that you know that I know that you know' sort of thing. **** it, Imma just be neutral." 'What?'

Telepathy. Did you suddenly forget that we psychic-types could do that? Gothema's thoughts invaded my own.

'Oh... right,' I said back through telepathy. While I listened to Miharu and Neal, the Furret had gone up into Imp's face a second time for a second. The rodent must have had a death wish.

"I think Destiny is right we should move further into the building before we attract attention. Lannia here can teleport as well so I think we have enough teleporters to get us to the lounge so why don't you lead the way Destiny so the rest of our Pokemon know where to teleport us. Last thing I want to do is end up halfway inside of a wall." The Furret's trainer said. As he did, the girl and boy on the Hydreigon introduced themselves as Cerise and Dontae, and Dontae recalled the Hydreigon to its Pokeball.

Another boy approached me and began to speak, "Um, hi Destiny, I'm Jack, Jack Spark. I see that you called all of us with the Unfezant, but I have to ask a few things, they are really important. First of all, you seem to have attracted quite a few people to this hotel, and this place is large so there should be no problem about accommodation. But, what about food? Do you have enough food to take care of so many of us? And water?"

"Um, well, yeah, there's enough food around here for a while. The hotel after all has its own kitchen full of food, along with all of the little refridgerators in all of the rooms... the same goes for beverages. The water is still running... at least, in rooms where the water pipes are still intact, which, luckily, is quite a few...," 'OH ARCEUS, TOO MUCH TALKING.' I screamed inside my mind. Why did I have to be the one to summon everyone? It made them all talk to me, which I didn't like too much.

I noticed another boy walk by and start ascending the stairs. 'Must not be one for teleportation,' I thought. I ignored a boy who started talking about his bottles of water. He probably wasn't used to being in a hotel full of the stuff.

Perhaps we can fix that? Gothema said with a sinister laugh through telepathy.

'No, no. There's no need for that. Let him walk.' I thought. After that, a Banette approached Gothema.

★Gothema the Gothitelle★

"You look as grim as Dontae usually appears to be. Planning to let a guy drop to his doom?" A Banette asked me as it approached, "Or do you not like the Psychic family reunion? Wanna play?" From the sound of it, the Banette's trainer, Dontae, had let a guy drop to his doom. Fantastic! I think I already liked this guy. That was a bit sad... I seemed to be a rather dismal Pokemon, even for a Gothitelle. Actually, especially for a Gothitelle, since they tended to be a lot more cheery than me.

"No, I'm just dismal and full of gloom. These zombies have probably been the most exciting thing that's happened in recent times, in my opinion." I paused for a moment, "Play...? What do you mean by... 'play'?"

Gothema, teleport us all up to the lounge now, would you? Destiny said through our telepathic connection.

'I'd be happy to.' I smirked. I closed my eyes and focused my psychic energy, then I released it and it surrounded everyone in the room and caused them to fade. Then we all re-materialized in the lounge, three floors higher. All of this happened in about 0.1426 seconds.

Destiny Saviouer

I grabbed a bunch of the Portable PCs and set them out on a table in the lounge. The lounge was beautiful; it had a deep red carpet, one of those really nice soft ones that you loved to walk on barefoot because they felt so nice, and it also had some nice, cushioned couches and chairs, along with a few glass end tables and a large glass table in the middle, which I had set the Portable PCs on, all with some sort of exotic flowers with ornate vases in the center. No wonder this was the number one hotel in Balice.

"Okay, In that chest over there," I pointed to a large, fancy chest that I had retrieved from one of the rooms, "Is some ammo. There isn't an infinite supply, so don't squander it. Also, in that little refridgerator over there," I pointed to a little fridge that I had hooked up in one corner, "Is some food and beverages. There are obviously many unoccupied rooms, but I can't gaurantee that they're all... clean. Most of them are though."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sensei paused as he felt himself fade. One moment he didn't feel like he was anywhere, and then the next he was in some other room! This was far more spacious than the hallways, so that was a plus. Some girl was also explaining some of the resources available to everyone. The least useful of all seemed to be the portable PC's. That was, unless the other two changed their minds already. In any case, he continued his chat with Gothema. Now that she asked, he wasn't sure what he was talking about. Things these days didn't leave much time for play. "I think I know what you're talking about. Ever since Reina passed away the group's been like that, too. Especially-- We could take turns punching at Dontae over there! Both of you could use some distraction, and Miku looks like she's having fun!" the ghost-type stated, pointing at the trainer and Pokemon as they resumed their small ritual, "There's no need to worry, he's got a kind heart for Pokemon... and Cerise but that's a different story. You can even let him know with that tele-thingy. C'mon! No need to be shy!" With that the Bannette floated behind the Gothitelle and coaxed her to move by pushing on the back of her shoulders. Cerise looked over and pouted with a look of disapproval.

"Sensei, don't force Gothitelle anywhere she doesn't want to go. Don't want to make an enemy out of our new comrades," Cerise stated as she turned back to Dontae and Miku (Bannette's laugh making her sigh hopelessly), "What am I going to do with that Pokemon...?"

"If you feel like he's going to be a pain, you could use those portable PC-things," Dontae commented without taking his eyes off the incoming jabs, "Then again, maybe you should take out another Pokemon... perhaps Mienshao?" Cerise shook her head slowly.

"Sensei should be fine. I'm surprised You're keeping Miku here," Cerise admitted, making the turtle-pokemon look up confused, "No-- nothing against you, Miku--!! It's just that... you know..." Dontae sighed as he nodded.

"I know, Slug and Reina. But Artemis and Sensei, as strong as they are, shouldn't be relied on alone," the boy stated, petting the top of his Wartortle's head, "Plus, Miku can defend herself against any zombie attack on her just fine. She herself is a great partner to have working with us. Right Miku?" Miku stood confidently as she hit her fist lightly against her shell. She knew the zombies weren't a joke, but if they needed her she'd work as hard as Sensei and Artemis.

かずき Kazuki

Feeling down and broken...~
    Years
  • Kazuki
    Chapter 2:
    Humans, an excellent source of entertainment!
    ~

~Kazuki~

Kazuki awoke with a jolt. Did the groung just... Shake? Kauzuki glanced at his family. Destiny was stirring, not because of the quake, but because Kazuki had gotten up. Shadow was already wide awake, like usual. Shadow, the light sleeper, Destiny the close sleeper and... He looked at Aero, still snuggled against Desti's arms, out like a stone. Oh yes, and Aero the deep sleeper... "We're all here and safe...?" Shadow nodded, and Kazuki climbed the ladder to the bunker door. "I'm checking... Stay here until I give you the okay... I've gotta make sure it's safe." Without a second glance, Kazuki lifted the bnker door, just in time to see buildings collapsing, and a few humans going somewhere, with their Pokemon! So we're not alone out here... Kazuki made a hand signal and his family was soon standing by him.

Plague [PG-16;IC]
    ~Destiny~

Destiny yawned a bit, still in the process of waking up. "I-is that...?" Hugging Kazi, still using his shoulder for a pillow, she squinted at the distant movement. Her eyes jumped to Shadow when he muttered "Zombies..." and Kazuki nodded. It seems the danger had spread to here. "But there are other survivors...!" Destiny moaned, suddenly standing up more, alerted and awake. "Wait... I can feel the presence of psychic power... I-I can lead us there... But... But it involves passing through those zombies... I have a plan."

Plague [PG-16;IC]
    ~Shadow~

Shadow looked intently at Destiny, waiting for her supposed "plan". "Okay, I can create a circular barrier and burst us through the zombies without any--" Shadow cut her off with what he thought would have been obnvious. "Or we could teleport to that location, and not deal with any zombies. "I-I... You're right... Good thinking Shadow... Thanks..." She was clearly flustered now, but Shadow nodded. "So get on with it..."

Plague [PG-16;IC]
    ~Aero~

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz...

~Kazuki~

Kazuki shuddered. Teleportation is an odd feeling. He closed his eyes, focusing on the oddity, and when he opened them again to look, They were now surrounded by humans and Pokemon alike...

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Jack Spark
    Balice City
    Hotel

"Um, well, yeah, there's enough food around here for a while. The hotel after all has its own kitchen full of food, along with all of the little refridgerators in all of the rooms... the same goes for beverages. The water is still running... at least, in rooms where the water pipes are still intact, which, luckily, is quite a few...," Destiny said, but after that she stopped. Jack breathed a sigh of relief, at least they had food and water. They would be safe here, for a while. Jack made a mental note to check out the supply of food when they saw it, but first, he would have to follow Destiny. He was about to walk up, when he was enveloped in white light, and was immediately transported to a rather posh room three floors up.

"Teleportation, probably..." Jack deduced. He rubbed his head, as Destiny picked up a few portable PCs and kept them on the table. Jack examined his surroundings, the floor was covered with a carpet, which was really dirty now that it had not been cleaned in quite some days. There were a few cushioned chairs and sofas, and some vases with exotic flowers in them. When Destiny had placed the PCs on a large glass table in the center, she spoke up.

"Okay, In that chest over there," She pointed to a large chest nearby, "Is some ammo. There isn't an infinite supply, so don't squander it. Also, in that little refrigerator over there, is some food and beverages. There are obviously many unoccupied rooms, but I can't gaurantee that they're all... clean. Most of them are though."

Jack laughed, and said, "Who cares about cleanliness right now? We should be satisfied enough with getting a room in such a situation... and still being alive." Jack shook his head, he was starting to spread his negativity to others as well. He walked over to the refrigerator in the corner, checking it's contents. It had some food, enough to last the group for a few days. Water was thankfully quite a lot, but it was best if the group stocked up on it, rather than depend on pipelines, which could screw up anytime. He had to present his ideas to Destiny, and ensure the group's survival. Jack smiled, he was getting too far ahead of himself. He had just arrived, and he was already thinking too much. The first thing he should do is rest up a bit, he had been on the run for quite some time now.

He groaned as his stomach grumbled. It had been quite some time since he had eaten something, and he was feeling terribly hungry right now. He picked up a bag of crisps from the fridge, opening it, and started to eat a bit, offering it to the other survivors as well. He took out about half the crisps from the packet, and gave them to his Pokemon. He felt a bit selfish, but he and his Pokemon hadn't eaten anything in quite some time. Jack had found only medicines in the store he had raided earlier that day, and that would help the survivors a lot. He walked over to Destiny, and started to talk again.

"Hey, I just have to ask... what do you plan to do now that we all are here?" He asked her. He had decided to take his ideas to her to talk about their plans for later.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Jason Wells , Male, 20

Jason made it up the three flights of stairs pretty quickly, but still wasn't surprised to see everybody else there before he was. Destiny handed out PCs and pointed them toward an ammo stash with many different types of ammo. Jason wondered where she'd gotten all the ammo, except for what he'd found on the cop he had taken the gun from he hadn't found any more ammunition for his own pistol. He took the pistol from his back pocket and released the magazine to check the bullets caliber. He searched through the ammo pile looking for more ammo, finding another two more magazines before stopping, not wanting to carry so much ammo that it slowed him down.

While Jason was searching through the ammo he continued to listen as Destiny pointed out that there was food and beverages and that there were rooms but she could not be responsible for how clean, or unclean, they would be. One of them went on about how much cleanliness should matter, then went to get something to eat from the fridge. Even though it had been the better part of a day since Jason had last eaten he wasn't hungry himself, and Sasha had eaten only a little while ago, finding some food in one of the buildings as they had been walking towards the hotel.

The one who had gotten food from the fridge asked Destiny "What do you plan to do now that we all are here?". Jason wondered that as well, it isn't as if he wouldn't have died without other people around, he probably would've just raided another apartment complex for food, then sleep on the roof or a room near the roof until the supplies there ran out, then move on somewhere else like he had been doing. He figured everyone else here had been doing something similar, so he wondered what the big advantage of getting together as one large group had been. He waited to see what Destiny would respond with.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • "Huh? what do you mean come ov-" I was cut off by the other loud explosions going off behind me, prior to the one that had sent Zaron and I flying out of that other unstable building. I had found Kris, a very old friend of mine, and we had even been part of a group a few years back, but we had long since broken up. I was glad to see he was okay... of okay is being locked inside a forsaken city, with a mysterious plague infecting all of the inhabitants. I mean, things had been worse, but this was still pretty messed up; see even if we were able to find a way around the portal that contained Balice, we still carried the virus that had infected everyone in the city, so there was no point of escape.

I was pulled from my world of thought, literally as Zaron blew past, picking me up with him and heading into Kris's stronghold right beind him. As the buildings fell, the dustcloud formed, and we were just riding it. It cleared quickly though, before we landed behind Kris, and looking back I saw why. Instead of the buildings just crumbling against the street, it actually broke through the layer of cement, and cut quite deeply into the earth. I could also hear the distant moaning of zombies, some seeming to get quieter and more echoey and it wasn't long before I figured out why. The dummies were still trying to walk across the gap as if they were Jesus to reach us. I shook my head, then turned to my 2 time life saver, who lowered his head so that it was level with mine. I patted the top of his head between his horns softly, then with my other and returned him to his pokeball.

"Thanks buddy.", I whispered silently to the pokeball before I clipped it back onto my belt and approached Kris. "Well, it has been some time hasn't it Kris? I know you have a knack for getting into trouble, but how did you get into this big mess eh?"

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Destiny Saviouer
    Balice City; Hotel
    Light of Distortion, setting

"Who cares about cleanliness right now? We should be satisfied enough with getting a room in such a situation... and still being alive." Jack said before he shook his head and retrieved something from the refridgerator.

"By clean I meant that not all rooms... are void of dead bodies and blood stains." I explained as I leaned up against Impede.

"Hey, I just have to ask... what do you plan to do now that we all are here?" Jack asked a moment later.

After a quick moment of thinking, I spoke, "Well... under normal circumstances, it would be best to wait it out as long as possible, but..." I paused for a moment, trying to come up with a good enough plan for what I was about to state. "...These aren't really normal circumstances. As you most likely know, and if you don't you must be blind or something, but there's some sort of forcefield surrounding Balice. There's no way out... unless we can remove that forcefield." I sighed, "But once we get out, there's always the threat that we could be carrying the infection, which would allow us to spread it to others... which means we would have to create some sort of vaccine before leaving Balice, which could be tricky..."

I glanced out the window and noticed that the sun was setting on the horizon. The light was slightly distorted from the forcefield, but just slightly. "Anyways... you could all probably use a rest. You should stick to the rooms near the lounge; we don't want to be spread out just in case something happens." I stated as I took a step away from Impede, "I'll keep watch for the time being."

★Gothema the Gothitelle★

"I think I know what you're talking about. Ever since Reina passed away the group's been like that, too. Especially-- We could take turns punching at Dontae over there! Both of you could use some distraction, and Miku looks like she's having fun!" The Banette stated, pointing at the trainer and Pokemon, "There's no need to worry, he's got a kind heart for Pokemon... and Cerise but that's a different story. You can even let him know with that tele-thingy. C'mon! No need to be shy!" I frowned as he began to push on my back; I didn't like being touched.

"Sensei, don't force Gothitelle anywhere she doesn't want to go. Don't want to make an enemy out of our new comrades," The girl, Cerise, spoke. Good thing she did, because I was ready to hit the reanimated doll with a blast of psychic energy.

"I think I'll pass on pestering the humans," I replied in my usual dismal tone.

Kris Kollyns
    Balice City; West Side

"Huh? what do you mean come ov-" Raike began before his Charizard carried him into my stronghold, avoiding the collapsing structures. A few moments later Raike was standing next to me and spoke, "Well, it has been some time hasn't it Kris? I know you have a knack for getting into trouble, but how did you get into this big mess eh?"

Yorkie gave a quick, playful bark at Raike before I spoke, "Being champion of the Unova region, I felt like going on a vacation. Too bad I picked the once beautiful Balice, now the city of malice." After I finished speaking, Yorkie stood atop my head and stared at Raike as he wagged his tail. I knew what the puppy planned to do, so I readied myself to stop him.

Yorkie lunged at Raike, his tongue poised to lick. I reached out and caught the puppy mid-jump, bringing him back to me and folding him in my arms. He looked up at me and gave me one short lick on the chin.

"I came here with my friend Destiny as well... although, I believe she's somewhere on the east side." I paused for a moment as I continued to walk further into my stronghold. "I know she's not dead, so don't let that thought invade your mind. Destiny would sooner release the wrath of Arceus upon the world and smash the forcefield down with her bare fists before she let herself be felled by some simple-minded zombies."

We stepped into the main room of my stronghold, which was the second floor of the only intact building left in this area. It was an office building of sorts, but I had made sure to clear it out of any undead creatures earlier.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Jack Spark
    Balice City
    Hotel Lounge

"Well... under normal circumstances, it would be best to wait it out as long as possible, but... These aren't really normal circumstances. As you most likely know, and if you don't you must be blind or something, but there's some sort of forcefield surrounding Balice. There's no way out... unless we can remove that forcefield. But once we get out, there's always the threat that we could be carrying the infection, which would allow us to spread it to others... which means we would have to create some sort of vaccine before leaving Balice, which could be tricky..."

Jack nodded as he heard her plans. Yeah, true, he had also tried to get out of Balice City, but had bumped into the forcefield. The government had done a good job by quarantining the city, making sure no zombies, or survivors for that matter, got out. It was true, even if the survivors weren't infected, they could very well be carrying the virus at the moment. Waiting out could be tricky... they probably wouldn't last that long in the city. The part that made him really wonder was the vaccine part.

"Um, about the vaccine... are you like, really sure? I mean, to create a vaccine, not only would we need a whole lab in working conditions, but also, a doctor, or at least a medical expert. I really doubt whether any one of us here is a medically trained..." Jack said, his voice layered with confusion and doubt.

Jack looked out of the window, and saw the sun setting. It was a really beautiful sunset, for such a dark time. Earlier, he was scared each time the sun would set, because he never knew what was about to happen when it was dark. He wasn't scared now, though, because he knew that he was with a lot of people and they could stick together. "Anyways... you could all probably use a rest. You should stick to the rooms near the lounge; we don't want to be spread out just in case something happens." Destiny suggested, and Jack nodded, relieved. He wanted to rest, he was incredibly tired after everything that had happened in the past few days. Surviving... it just wasn't meant to be for a guy like Jack. "I'll keep watch for the time being." Destiny said, and Jack just stood there for a moment, confused. He shrugged, then left the lounge, searching for a room. Even if he volunteered to keep watch for now, there was no way he was going to be able to do so in such a condition.

He searched around for a room, and entered the one closest to the lounge. Luckily, it didn't have the bodies and blood Destiny had mentioned, and Jack felt pretty relieved about that. He set his bag on the bed in the room, and looked around, examining the room. It was pretty big, it was meant for the rich people after all. He entered the bathroom, and checked the taps. He was really happy to see everything was in working condition, and that there was actually hot water. He quickly took a quick shower, then stepped out, got dressed, and took out a black marker from his bag. He scribbled his name on the door of his room, in crude large letters. Well, this was his room now, he could do whatever he wanted to do in it.

After feeling proud of his work, Jack headed into his room once again, and took out all of his Pokemon. Of course, his Rapidash, Blaze, had quite some problem in settling down into such a cramped place, but eventually she settled down. Even his Lapras felt quite a lot of discomfort, but she was pretty happy to get out of her Pokeball. All the others were happy too, socializing among each other. Jack just looked at all of them with a smile, then settled down into bed. Soon, he had fallen into a really deep sleep.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Magnus Kabrinski
    Inside the Hotel

Magnus smiled and said, "I think she meant someone else… perhaps outside, discovers a cure. That or we find someone inside with such knowledge. As much as I want to get out and survive I'm honestly conflicted now that you mentioned we might be carriers. If we get the chance should we risk destroying the rest of the world for a chance to survive ourselves? Of course if we end up infected most of the world I doubt we will survive." Magnus sighed and looked down at Neli who was standing beside him. Looking out the window he could see the shield off in the distance. He muttered, "I wonder who or what made that shield… seems awful convenient to have been created just in time to contain this nightmare… if it contained this nightmare that is." A chill went down his spine as he shook his head slowly trying to get rid of the negative thoughts. "I think I'll go get some rest… if we intend to move out we will need all the rest we can get."

Magnus, Neli, and Lannia walked into one of the rooms down the right hall. Rascal suddenly appeared and followed the trio in as well. Once inside Magnus inspected the room before taking a shower. Getting out of the shower he was shocked so see Lannia standing there waiting for him holding a towel for him. He immediately jumped back in the shower and closed the curtain to hide his naked body as he half yelled, "Lannia get out of here! Why are you in here?! How are you in here I locked the door?!" The Kirlia hung her head in shame, put down the towel and walked out of the room to a disapproving stare and rolling of the eyes from Neli.

"I just wanted to serve you ma…," whispered Lannia telepathically.

A couple minutes later Magnus walked out of the bathroom clothed and said, "Lannia I don't need you to serve me… especially when I'm taking a freaking shower. Please chill out…" He then rolled his eyes and walked over to the bed and lay down. Magnus then released Kooshy from his Pokeball and held the little fire type as continued to mourn the loss of its trainer. Lannia could only watch from the corner with a feeling of confusion and shame as her "master" cared for a new pokemon while he shunned her.

Neli bathed after Magnus and after her Rascal took a swim in the bath water Neli had left to drain. As they could hear Rascal splashing and making a mess in the bathroom, Neli climbed up on the bed and lay next to Magnus who was holding the now sleeping chick pokemon.

She looked over at Magnus with a concerned look and he seemed to understand her body language. "I don't know Neli… perhaps we are carriers… perhaps its best we try to survive in here. If we escape I hope we don't become the destroyers of our world." Neli looked out the window and wondered why they were so unlucky to get stuck in such a nightmare.

Sindri Nevski

After most of the group had gone to their rooms there was the faint sound of footsteps coming from the steps. Slowly the sound increased, but it was the Psychic Pokemon who felt what was coming long before the human's dull ears could hear the footsteps. The staircase door slowly opened on its own for the strangely dressed teenager. He never raised his hands to push on the door and it seemed like they simply opened on their own for him. Walking down the hall his right hand ran across the wall as he used it to "see" inside those rooms with his powers. He slowly and purposely walked into the lobby. Once he arrived he looked at Gothema before he turned to face Destiny. He was smiling despite being a survivor in his undead nightmare, and he never actually looked at anyone since his eyes were closed. He paused for a moment then spoke in a calm polite tone, "Sorry if I arrived late… My name is Sindri…"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu Mizushima and Neal Samson

"With how much killing that we might be doing in order to survive, I highly doubt that a few bodies and a whole lot of blood will deter us," Miharu said dryly. "Of course, if people really do feel uncomfortable with a room with bodies and blood in it, they could get priority with getting rooms that are body and blood free. If there are none that are completely clean, then they can always sleep on the floor."

Neal smiled. "I guess I will be one of those people who try to get a clean room. I have not killed anyone in order to survive, so I am very less hardened."

Miharu tilted her head at Neal. "You're lying."

Neal shrugged. "Depends on what you think, mon amie*."

"French now," commented Miharu. "Truly a...gentleman, are you not?"

"Oui**."

"Ca va***?"

"Ca va bien, merci, comment allez-vous****?"

"Pas mal*****." Miharu suddenly switched to English. "You seem to do well in conversational stuff. Are you fluent?"

Neal shrugged. "Juste un peu******."

Miharu laughed. "Any more French and we will need a translator."

"Perhaps we should, mon amie*," stated Neal. "You should be it."

"Making the lady be the translator," Miharu said with a smirk. "How uncouth."

Miharu suddenly turned to the rest of the group. "As for medical training, I have...dabbled a bit." Nightmare snorted. Miharu rolled her eyes at Nightmare. "I am not a professional, however. I do know enough in order to save people's lives, but not enough to experiment with a potentially dangerous vaccine. I could try, however."

As people left towards rooms, another person stepped inside. There was something strange about him, something that made Miharu's shackles rise. However, she had perfected the mask of amazingness, so she didn't let it show in anywhere but her thoughts. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see Neal tensing slightly. Seems that her instincts were right about Neal: he was a fighter, and a good one at that. Why he didn't show it, however, was another question to be answer.

"'Ello Sindri, name's Mizu-oops, Miharu Mizushima," stated Miharu with a grin. "We're just 'bout to pick rooms."

Neal smiled politely at Sindri. "Neal Samson."

Nightmare rolled his eyes.

"So, when can I have my beer?" asked Nightmare.

Miharu and Bishamon sighed.

*My friend
    **Yes
    ***How are you (informal)
    ****I am fine, thanks, how are you (formal)
    *****Not bad
    ******Just a little

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Jason Wells , Male, 20

Jason wasn't hungry, and he actually still had a few bits of food in his bag from the last apartment building he had raided so once Destiny had pretty much released them from the conversation to go find rooms, he worked his way to the hallway towards the rooms. He didn't make it out before hearing a conversation in French between Neal and the Miharu girl, "We're all horribly doomed and here's some guy trying to impress a girl with his language skills" he though with a sort of grim humor. He managed to keep himself from laughing long enough to make it to his first choice of room, which happened to have a fetid smell that hit him like a wall upon opening the door, turning his gleeful thoughts into a bit of surprised gagging at the suddenness of the smell.

Jason's first thought was that he had come upon one of the rooms still containing deceased beings, a little investigation made him realize that their were no dead bodies in this room, but whoever had been using the room when the infection hit had apparently used room service to order themselves a feast, then left it to rot as they ran for there lives. A few minutes later he had cleared out the food and taken a can of air freshener he had found behind the sink and sprayed its entire contents into the room. Jason then attempted to relax a bit, but ended up breaking into a fit of coughing and came to the conclusion he had sprayed way too much, considering he had no asthma or any kind of allergies or anything.

Jason left the room and joined everybody else again, coming in on the end of the foreign language conversation between Miharu and Neal. The shiny Gengar that appeared to belong to Miharu said "So, when can I have my beer?". Jason didn't pay much attention at first but as he thought about it he realized he kinda wanted to get a bit smashed, although he wasn't about to say that. He wondered over where he could possibly found some alcohol around here, and the thought came to him that in some of the more expensive suites higher up there might be mini-bars. He decided that should nothing of particular importance happen soon he'd go upstairs and see if he was right about there being alcohol higher up.

OOC: A little late, but not by much >.>

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Genesis Abercrombie
    "The one time I..."

Balice city, a paradise for vacationers and pokemon trainers alike. At least, that's what the brochure had actually said. Now Genesis could only think of malice in Balice. "Jeez," she sighed aloud to her Espeon, Harmony. "The one time we choose to take a vacation we're trapped in Hell. She sighed again as she walked down the street, her newly acquired gun firmly in her hand, a sweet AK74u she got from a police car that nearly hit her when she arrived a day before the apocalypse actually started.

Harmony to seemed to sigh as they walked along looking and the streets ahead. Genesis could only see the destruction ahead but it was completely different for Harmony. She could see everything within the buildings near her using her psychic powers and all the scents hit her feline nose ten times that of what Genesis could smell. She knew it was hard for Genesis at the moment and she knew she couldn't tell her even with her limited telepathy.

"We need to look for other survivors though," Genesis continued, "We can't possibly be the only ones immune and we can be pretty sure no one couldn't possibly get a gun like we did, let alone having not brought weapons in themselves." Genesis was currently referring to her two katanas strapped to her back, a gift from her parents. The swords made her miss home but she tried not to worry about it. The more I do the more I'd worry that my family or friends got trapped here too...

She continued down the street til she somehow found herself at an abandoned gun store with, well, a few illegal weapons. Inside, she found a group of zombies blown apart by a shotgun and some weapons missing. "Seems like their isn't no chance for anyone else," she said to which Harmony nodded.

Genesis put as much ammo as she could into her backpack before taking off from the place. Around the corner, Genesis met up with a couple zombies having their meal. Genesis shot them down before giving a stern look to Harmony. "You could have warned me," she said to the pokemon.

I tried... Espeon stated casually. You were just running to fast. Genesis smirked before petting her. "Maybe I'll try harder next time you say something. Now let's start looking for some people and food!" She said this with a sort of newfound stream of confidence and pointed towards the nearby hotel.

"First thing first though," she said, "We should check that place out for peo-"

She was cut short as she readied for a fight. A huge horde of zombies had just rounded the corner...

Nakuzami

Years
  • Destiny Saviouer

East Side; Hotel
    Nighttime arrival

"Well, we'll have to find some way to get a vaccine. We don't stand a chance if we don't." I said in reply to Jack and Magnus. Soon, most everybody had gone to a room for the night, and only Miharu, Neal and I were patrolling the halls, making sure nothing got in.

I noticed someone else had entered the hotel, but Miharu and Neal were taking care of it, so I just ignored it for now. It was the middle of the night now, and I could faintly hear something in the distance. Whatever it was, it was not good.

I ran over to the window and looked out. I could see the shapes of zombies rounding the corner of the street, and I managed to make out the form of another human. It looked like a girl, but I couldn't be sure.

"Gothema," I said as the Gothitelle joined me at the window. "That?" I pointed to the scene out on the street.

A girl and an Espeon. A horde of maybe twenty-five zombies. Shouldn't be too difficult. I nodded in response to the telepathic message. I grabbed my PSG1 sniper and leaned on the window, aiming for the group of the undead.

I shot a volley of bullets, taking out eight of the twenty-five zombies. Gothema used Dark Pulse to destroy another four zombies, leaving only thirteen left for the girl and Espeon to handle.

"Miharu, it seems that we have yet another arrival." I stated, not taking my eyes off of the horde. "We might want to start making a plan."

Yes, we must. It's . . . going to be difficult. I don't know how we can destroy that barrier. Gothema stated through telepathy.

"First off, we need a way to get a vaccine. We also need to find a way to remove that barrier. But we have to take things slowly. First, we should create a safer base. Perhaps find a way to restore communications with the outside world." I paused for a moment. "And I think I need to get to the west side."

You . . . can't be serious? That's way too dangerous! Gothema warned.

I . . . have to. Kris is there, and maybe some others. There's something odd about the concentration of zombies over there. I replied.

Kris Kollyns
    West Side Fortress
    Security Breach

"Damn it!" Somehow a small group of zombies had managed to get across the gap. There was no way they could have! But as soon as I saw these zombies, I knew there was something different about them. For one, they were sprinting, and rather fast at that. Great, now the zombies were running. "Raike, you might want to run, like now!" I turned and began running, Strife, my Zangoose, ran beside me.

We ascended the ladder just as the front door broke into a million pieces. A horde of about thirty zombies entered the building, and all of them ran fast and without the ability to tire. This was not good.

((OOC: Yes, faster zombies. Although, not yet on the East Side. Just you wait though . . .))

Back