• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platina or Dawn?

Platina or Dawn?

• Platina

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • Dawn

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Hnurr....Platina, her personality's kinda...original. There hasn't been a noble kind of girl in the Pokespecial so far.

While Dawn is like......Misty or May made especially for the DP saga of the anime.

But then, I haven't read the DP pokespecial and I don't watch the anime so much, so I could be mistaken.

metalaggron

Master of Ice Pokemon
    Years
  • Hnurr....Platina, her personality's kinda...original. There hasn't been a noble kind of girl in the Pokespecial so far.

While Dawn is like......Misty or May made especially for the DP saga of the anime.

But then, I haven't read the DP pokespecial and I don't watch the anime so much, so I could be mistaken.

right...i was sick of dawn being like may...may being like misty
    they are all the almost same
    except for misty's love for water and fear of bugs

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • Hmm... You've got a point. But Pong sadi he suppose to post this thread in Pokemon General. But I think he thinks this section is more suitable?

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • Hmm... You've got a point. But Pong sadi he suppose to post this thread in Pokemon General. But I think he thinks this section is more suitable?

Hey, on the anime thread rules, it said that you can't post ANYTHING about pokemon Manga. So I thought this was a better choice. And Dawn is drawn as a manga character also such as like in pokemon movie 10 manga. So Dawn kind of counts also as a manga character. (Although her orirgin in is in the anime)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • No, because I can't put anything about pokemon anime/manga in the pokemon general threads. It's in the rules.

The rules need to be changed. How can you put animé in the manga section but not the other way? Blah, off-topicness.

Platina seems dominant right now. Really dominant like a bad smell in a regular room. Not an insult to Platina if any of you think that. Just a way of saying that the votes for her are dominant in this poll.

Years
  • Heh..

The rules need to be changed. How can you put animé in the manga section but not the other way? Blah, off-topicness.

Platina seems dominant right now. Really dominant like a bad smell in a regular room. Not an insult to Platina if any of you think that. Just a way of saying that the votes for her are dominant in this poll.

You are one of the few people from the Anime Fandom that comes over here. =/ As you said earlier. Bring more people from the Anime section to vote here. =P No offense...=D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • You are one of the few people from the Anime Fandom that comes over here. =/ As you said earlier. Bring more people from the Anime section to vote here. :P No offense...:D

*Forced Emoticons*

Personally, Platina reminds me of Petunia. I kind of wished they chose a better name, which is why I call her Berlitz/Lady Berlitz/The Berlitz Child.

I know the last one is pretty dumb.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Platina definately!
    Platina's got this "posh" Kotomi Ichinose(in a way?) feel to her.. and I never really liked Dawn too much to begin with. D;

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Well, because I find Dawn horriblely done in the anime, I go for the cool and.. spoiled? Platina.

omg. we are so alike. lol. In reality i don't like either :P but Anyone's better than Dawn so Platina ftw. *woo (no enthusiasm).

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I would say Platina because her character seem interesting to me. I also like her eyelashes and her long navy hair. (And no I am not a lesbian.) I know that she is slighty snobbish, but she has good qualities as well. Platina has noteworthy flaws, but Dawn from the anime seems to be lacking noteworthy flaws and personality seems equivalent to May's which is not a good thing and it is not a good thing for characters in the same fiction to have the same exact personality especially if they are main characters. I cannot say anything about Dawn from the video games because her role varies meaning she could be the silent protagonist or Professor Rowan's assistance.

Hey, on the anime thread rules, it said that you can't post ANYTHING about pokemon Manga. So I thought this was a better choice. And Dawn is drawn as a manga character also such as like in pokemon movie 10 manga. So Dawn kind of counts also as a manga character. (Although her orirgin in is in the anime)

Dawn's origins are from the video games not the anime, but everyone make mistakes and say incorrect statements even me. So no hard feelings.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • May's personality is not equal to Dawn's. Since Misty's departure, the new female protagonists have their own characteristics that are different from each other. Dawn is more of the girly type, which the writers have improved on from May.

Dawn's actual origins resemble the female character from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Back