• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum, and what it means for GSDS.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    BackOnTopic:
    I think that Pokemon Platinum may have some of what Jhoto offers us.. (GSC) but not everything. If it's coming out for DS.. it may have some Jhoto pokemon in it, but mainly Sinnoh. Maybe the Jhoto pokemon will be like legendaries.
    PMed my my sister:

but she's wrong.

Um, then what gen did Wooper come from?...

kengiman

Kengi
    Years
    !!sweet

nice! i hope they make the remakes like they did for Red and Blu, (LF/FR) for the advance.... amazing to see lugia and ho oh again... althogh this platinum thing... is it just a rumoR!!????

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    1. having Johto as listed in 'where this pokémon came from' section can be explained by the eevee that Bebe gives, it came from her friend in Johto.
    2.although this might have occurred to some people, platinum is a metal, not a gem.(metal like GSC, coincidence?)

and I am also in favor of a GSC remake, but I think Nintendo is just driving us around in circles on purpose.
    1. - I believe that that Poke DOESN'T 'come from Johto' - it says 'met in Sinnoh', because that is were it was first met by a a player (i.e. you), not Bebe or her friend. Plus - even if it did, it doesn't explain why there are TWO slots for 'Johto' in the coding. Coding has not been used for anything thus far, but it's there ready for use (and for hackers to try out as well...).
    Incidently - Bebe's 'friend' is actually Bill. Who gives you an Eevee in GSC...
    2. - Was Crystal a Metal? Basically, that point neither comfirms or denies any chance of a GSC remake... and Platinum is the third game for Diamond and Pearl.

I also doubt that Nintendo are 'driving us in circles' for the heck of it, instead of capitalising on said possible remake and the $$$ it'd come with.

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
    Years
    It's 99% that Platinum won't be some kind of a GSC remake. What I see is, that people really want Johto back. And Nintendo knows that, but they will probably wait a bit longer for a GSC remake. But the best thing, that Nintendo could do, is what I wrote in my previous post (on the top of this site).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well I say they might make a whole new generation with new metals or colors. And wats the best way to do that? bring them backs. I might add that palladium is a sub platinum along with iridium. So I guess the fith gens covered huh?

Years
    No, DarkCookie, it's not. Stop with your nutjob theories.

Guys, we can't rightly use Jasmine being there as a 100% statement that they'll remake G/S. She was in R/S as well, but we didn't see and advance remake of the 2nd generation.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Actually, they don't really have a tradition. First gen had Green, Blue, Red, and yellow.

I just think the fact that Jasmin was in D/P points to the remake. I'm sure Platinum will have something more about the G/S remake.
    But only three of the four were released in each country. Green in Japan and Blue everywhere else (I think). So theoretically there is a system (at the moment).

Anyways although I don't like it it's safe to say that Jhoto will not be in Platinum. I really hope there will be more to offer AFTER the elite four. Perhaps an extra area with higher levels? One thing I liked about Gold/Silver was the extra load of things to do afterwards. FireRed and LeafGreen almost made it with numbered islands though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ΑΗΑ intresting. Now whos going to email nintendo me or someone else.
    I'm curious - what is your thought process here? That Nintendo are just going to tell some kid their secret plans because he asked nicely? Ain't going to work, I'm afraid. Besides, Nintendo have already released a statement on the matter saying 'they aren't going to say if they are making it - if they do, it'll be on their website so plase check that every so often instead of bothering us.'

Atomic Sharks

All-round trainer
    Years
    maybe just maybe you will ba able to pick in this new game other starters like totadile, chicrota, torchic, cyadaquil and all the others instead of piplup, turtwig, and chimchar

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    No offence, but please stop making the links to GSC. The Sinnoh starters will be in this game, as it is the 3rd Sinnoh game. Maybe they will do an Emerald and let you pick a Johto/Hoenn starter once you complete the Sinnoh dex, but I doubt it, as you only have to see them in DP to complete the dex.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    i was just saying maybe it is possible and i hope you can go to another place in the pokemon game like Johto Heoon or the other 1
    Or not. These games are not equal to Mystery Dungeon, firstly. GSC used their starter Pokemon, as they are found there (not that you can...), hence why you get them, and not the other ones. Only way is if after completing the dex you get your choice of on, ala national dex in some 3rd gen games.
    Also - more than likely a GS remake (if it happens), will have Johto and Kanto (as the league is there), but nothing else. And again - Johto is unlikely to be in Platinum, as Johto isn't close to Sinnoh in the first place.

Forgetting the name of Kanto and misspelling Hoenn = fail.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    The pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal generation was the 2nd generation of pokemon. They were games for the Gameboy Color. The reason people are talking about a remake of them for the DS is because there was a first pokemon generation game remake for the Gameboy Advance.

I feel that we can safely rule out a Silver/Gold remake because (this is one reason) by the time it would get out on the market for the DS, Nintendo will already have released the next handheld. If they are coming out with a next handheld at all. If they don't anytime soon, then I'd suspect a G/S in the years to come would be somewhat likely.

Back