• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum, and what it means for GSDS.

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
    The pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal generation was the 2nd generation of pokemon. They were games for the Gameboy Color. The reason people are talking about a remake of them for the DS is because there was a first pokemon generation game remake for the Gameboy Advance.

I feel that we can safely rule out a Silver/Gold remake because (this is one reason) by the time it would get out on the market for the DS, Nintendo will already have released the next handheld. If they are coming out with a next handheld at all. If they don't anytime soon, then I'd suspect a G/S in the years to come would be somewhat likely
    Really? I'd say that it would only take them until around the Holiday of next year to put out a GSC remake, especially since the script and areas are already pretty well laid out for them in advance.;) I would also imagine that if Nintendo is making another handheld that DS games would be backwards compatible, which would make the whole issue moot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I suppose I have to agree with you, but I just have this gut feeling that it won't come out.
    That and some assumptions that I've made into conclusions that I have posted previously in this thread.

If a G/S remake is coming out, then Platinum definately affected its release date for a couple of reasons:
    1. It would take longer to make because people were working on Platinum.
    2. Nintendo would want to wait to release the G/S remake because they'd want to give time for lots of people to buy Platinum.

I still think a G/S remake is unlikely...

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    i dont get why people prefer a johto remake over an exciting new region

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yes, I see what you mean. G/S/C was revolutionary, but the DS games have all that now, plus more. GSDS just wouldn't be very ecxiting and new as it was 7(or was it 8?) years ago.

Rux

Apathetic.
    Years
    Platinum will most likely be the (Crystal) of 4th Gen Pokemon.
    Probably just going to throw in some more animation, a less crap intro and maybe a better title screen. Waffles?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Which is why I don't see much of a point this time... I really can't think of any way that they can make people who already own either Diamond or Pearl buy this one... D:

Years
    Soooooo, the Platinum version is like the emerald version? Is it basically the same thing as D/P, with new features in it? If it is, that would be messed up cuz I already have Pearl version.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I feel that we can safely rule out a Silver/Gold remake because (this is one reason) by the time it would get out on the market for the DS, Nintendo will already have released the next handheld. If they are coming out with a next handheld at all. If they don't anytime soon, then I'd suspect a G/S in the years to come would be somewhat likely.
    I don't think that quite works out - already mentioned something on how the coding could work for another new handheld if backwards compadible. If, of course. But also depends on whether the ds would be replaced. One can't say if it would yet - I think there's still quite a bit of life left in it, TBH.

dont get why people prefer a johto remake over an exciting new region

I wouldn't say I would like as as much as a new reason (though possibily)...
    Which is why I don't see much of a point this time... I really can't think of any way that they can make people who already own either Diamond or Pearl buy this one... D:
    Yes, I see what you mean. G/S/C was revolutionary, but the DS games have all that now, plus more. GSDS just wouldn't be very ecxiting and new as it was 7(or was it 8?) years ago.
    Ahh, but who says a GS remake won't have anything new in it either? Maybe it'll have a few new features as well, such as how Platinum is rumoured to have Underground with WiFi - unlike Diamond and Pearl. And some things from GSC haven't made it in DP. For instance the radio function - heck, they could even expand on that easily enough! And I would like to see how Johto itself has changed as well - IMO there would be a few at least.

Then there's those who don't have the GBA games and would rather playing one new spiffing game that they haven't played before anyhow (many new players since the GSC days), then buy a couple of old games. Besides, FR/LG still pulled in decent sales, and it was a remake - GSC has the potential to do so even more, due to it's renowned status of being the big step forward for Pokemon games. I wouldn't worry about the issue of sales if done - there's enough people like us who'd play it for memories sake, and then all the new Pokemon players who didn't play it before would be curious too. A GSC remake is basically a cash cow if done well - and not much needs changing from the old formular anyway.

Maybe it won't be as exciting as it was when it first came out - but if it was so exciting then that I had played it for hours on end, and it's only slightly worse, it'll still be great IMO. Also - they storyline might get a change up as well, if they don't get lazy over it.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    The pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal generation was the 2nd generation of pokemon. They were games for the Gameboy Color. The reason people are talking about a remake of them for the DS is because there was a first pokemon generation game remake for the Gameboy Advance.

I feel that we can safely rule out a Silver/Gold remake because (this is one reason) by the time it would get out on the market for the DS, Nintendo will already have released the next handheld. If they are coming out with a next handheld at all. If they don't anytime soon, then I'd suspect a G/S in the years to come would be somewhat likely.

I respect your opinion abotu not thinking GSDS will happen, but your logic is flawed. Nintendo isn't replacing the DS ANYTIME soon. It's still selling millions of units a month. The DS is basically the next Gameboy, and the Gameboy lasted 15 years before it got a real upgrade.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
    I respect your opinion abotu not thinking GSDS will happen, but your logic is flawed. Nintendo isn't replacing the DS ANYTIME soon. It's still selling millions of units a month. The DS is basically the next Gameboy, and the Gameboy lasted 15 years before it got a real upgrade.

I can say some things about that, like how the Gameboy got many small upgrade before it became the SP, like the camera attachment, and colour, etc. the same thing will probably happen to the DS, many small upgrades through the gameboy cartridge plugin.

and the bit about improving GSC if they make remakes, they might include the sevii islands as well.

but back on topic(was that even off?)
    Nintendo will weight about 4-5 months after the release of platinum to spring the remakes IF the remake them(and most of us here think they will), and they might time it right so that they can spring them in the Christmas season. also, platinum will definitely have extras, like all the 3rd games did. yellow had the pikachu that followed you, and all 3 starters. crystal has been mentioned, and emerald brought the battle frontier(as well as other things). platinum will definitely have more than DP, and we might as well start calling them PDP:laugh:

Back