• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Can someone with Platinum tell me whether or not the PC item storage feature has been brought back?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Depends on how you're playing it.

Yes, though I'm afraid I don't know what to do there. I got there and Handsome just stood there and spoke with a lot of exclamation. I should probably check it out again. Thanks.

Go over to the warehouse where you originally found HM02 (Fly). You should be able to head further in.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It should have been released this year. They broke tradition!

Every main Pokemon game's (Ruby, Gold, Red, Diamond) sequal (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald) needs to come out 1 year after! It should come out 08!
    I don't understand, they have released Platinum already o_O

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
    Years
    I heard the game was leaked. Is that true? Because it was supposed to come out today I thought(even though I'm playing it now).

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]So I was looking up on a blog I found when I google searched Platinum and does anyone know if it's true that after defeating the E4 the legendary birds of Kanto fly around Sinnoh like Mesprit and Cresselia? It says after the Elite Four, you visit Professor Oak in Eterna City and then this occurs.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] That's great IMO, I can soft-reset to grab the birds with the natures and/or stats I'm looking for. =]
    Yes, it is true. You can check it out for yourself by clicking here.

Um, VC, competitively... it's a great addition for it. :x Oh and Cursed [S-HIGHLIGHT]Aqua Tail[/S-HIGHLIGHT] says hi. o/

Anywho, this hype just doesn't stop. Glad to see the Community having fun with this. Really liking the blog too, hope things lighten up for Erik too.

Aqua Tail on Bidoof/Bibrael? Do you breed it to get that?

Last edited:

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    I just beat the Elite 4! Hoo-rah!

Great game, so far, and I'm sure it'll get greater, but I have complaints.

#1, No snow boots? Why?
    #2, Why aren't all Pokemon sprites updated?
    #3, Why didn't I get to fight Dawn?
    #4, No 'secret potion' at start of game irritated a little.
    #5, Still only 1 file?
    #6, Why didn't the new Galaxy professor play a role in the game? I mean, I saw him, but only once.
    #7, Why doesn't Handsome ever help out?
    #8, I didn't get any cool cutscene when Giratina appeared, unlike the arrival of Palkia/Dialga, which brought a fairly decent one.
    #9, Where do I go to get the remaining Pokemon to fill my national dex? Never give the player a vague objective!
    #10, 5 character limit? Really?
    #11, If you have gotten to Giratina, you will notice how incredible the music is. Cynthia too, though nothing changed in terms of it. Why isn't there more well written songs?
    #12, I can't read Japanese.

There is probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    All the Japanese Pokemon games have that.

1/12 is still pretty good? Lol

Heh, well, that is something I did not know. Still, it isn't right to have a problem and keep avoiding it. 5 characters is barely enough to write 'Bushy', which is what I ended up calling my Torterra, who could have been 'Lawnmower'. And I would have named my Giratina 'Grandis Solus', instead of 'Odin'.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Heh, well, that is something I did not know. Still, it isn't right to have a problem and keep avoiding it. 5 characters is barely enough to write 'Bushy', which is what I ended up calling my Torterra, who could have been 'Lawnmower'. And I would have named my Giratina 'Grandis Solus', instead of 'Odin'.

The game will be better when we can understand the plot. Just once I would like to know what Handsome and Cyrus say when you see them etc.

Are you playing on Flashcart or no$gba?

~T_S

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    The game will be better when we can understand the plot. Just once I would like to know what Handsome and Cyrus say when you see them etc.

Are you playing on Flashcart or no$gba?

~T_S

I don't know if I can answer about that Flashcart *hint, hint* thing, as I think it goes against this, but yeah, it would be nice to understand Handsome or Cyrus for once. It's good Pokemon games all follow a certain 'game logic', or else I'd never know where to go.

Also, where do I go to teach egg moves? My Togekiss is dying to inflict flinch-hax.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Rawr. I heard people talking the Platinum release date in English is June. True? I simply can't wait until then >_< (though it makes a good birthday present..heh.)

I actually don't think it would take that long, probably more like February?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I think I heard somewhere that it gets released in English a few days after D/P was released. :\

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    Does anyone know the location of the item that changes Giratina's form?

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I'm looking for it as well. (Well, I'm about to battle Giratina, soo...)

On Serebii it says "Soon after you get back their will be a nearby item that will allow you to change the forms"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back