• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Marriland is doing a walkthrough (only showing the new stuff) https://www.youtube.com/user/Marriland
    Gardinea: Yeah...WAH!

Here are some screens and some of the new Sprites (Ripped by me)

Titlescreen:
    Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

Wow, the reds and yellows are soo cool!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I don't believe anybody has mentioned this... but Ralts can be easily found in route 209. And Kirlia can be found in route 212.
    Found it by uploading the rom's encounter data file to WPEDS (I didn't think it would work).

Just in case any fan of the Ralts line was curious about it, now you know. c: (Gardevoir and Gallade FTW)
    Oh, and Bebe will give you an Eevee when you get to Hearthome the first time. Or so I read.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Oh well, no point in groaning about how long it'll be before it's out. Lets all spoil ourselves and keep the hype going anyway. :D I'm frankly spoiling myself like last weeks pizza toppings. D:

Wow, Platinum sprites have a major revamp, and they're not bad either, 'cept Piplup and Starly. <<; And Gym Leader "encounter screens" have some awesome high quality sprites. :D

What's not to love?

I cant believe what they did to the E4. *SPOLIERS*they made them even easier.*SPOILERS*
    Spoiler:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I think Piplup's gigantic head is hilarious xD

And yeah, I've noticed an upped AI as well.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • Are you guys kidding. I love the new Starly sprite. It looks bashful and cute. >_> . You people have weird taste.

OMG. Did you guys see the new Lake Trio sprites. They are friggin breathtaking. Mesprit... OMG.

:16:

Ooka

Years
  • You people? Racist....

Well, I've actually never said anything wrong about Starly's new sprite, but I did see Azelf's, and it's pretty wicked.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Sweet, which means I can import Platinum all the earlier!! >:D

You silly peasants have to wait another 9 months to play it! >:p

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Got the rom today... Makes me wish I could read Kanji... D=

Hopefully, someone makes a translation guide soon... Although it hasn't been out that long.

Ooka

Years
  • Well, I highly doubt anyone will be taking the time to translate it when the English release is only months off. Not only does it take an extremely high amount of time to write a tutorial in the first place, but adding translations onto that, well, it's just ridiculous. If anyone does it, though, I'm sure it'll be Marriland.

EDIT: The Battle Recorder is pretty cool. Figured I'd get a shot of it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I'm back with moar screenshots. 8D

Not new, but I just felt like taking a screenshot of this. Kouki's Naetle is female. xD
    First time I see a female starter on my 4th gen games at all.

Remember that trainer right before Jubilife that had a Kolink? It's a Minomucchi now. :D

Awesome battle recorder is awesome. Too bad I'm playing a ROM.

Jubilife looks real pretty now. :3

The white and pink poketch is win.

I TOLD YOU I'D GET A SCREENSHOT OF THIS. 8DD

Tomorrow's Friday so I'll have more of a chance to upload pictures.
    I'm going to bed now. :'D

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Well, I highly doubt anyone will be taking the time to translate it when the English release is only months off. Not only does it take an extremely high amount of time to write a tutorial in the first place, but adding translations onto that, well, it's just ridiculous. If anyone does it, though, I'm sure it'll be Marriland.

EDIT: The Battle Recorder is pretty cool. Figured I'd get a shot of it.

I don't believe anybody has mentioned this... but Ralts can be easily found in route 209. And Kirlia can be found in route 212.
    Found it by uploading the rom's encounter data file to WPEDS (I didn't think it would work).

Just in case any fan of the Ralts line was curious about it, now you know. c: (Gardevoir and Gallade FTW)
    Oh, and Bebe will give you an Eevee when you get to Hearthome the first time. Or so I read.

Wow. You're right that does work! That's pretty cool. Nice to see the new Sinnoh dex pokes like Scyther in the wild.

Years
  • Eh...

I don't know....Should I buy Platinum or wait for the unlikely GSDS remake...This seriously makes me feel that I paid for a demo in Diamond...especially with the Wi-Fi enhancements...Seriously...mini-games???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back