• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
Years
  • wow i just saw a video of the gym leaders and there sprites before the battle look amazing!

And Eevee the first time you visit jubalife? Please be true!

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    any1 caught bought palkia and dialga? coz i guessd you can get it like pokemon emerald :D

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I've been doing some research on my own and I've learned that Language isn't only thing that's different in the Japanese version, you may be giving up allot more on the technical side of the equation!!

BUYER BEWARE
    you see, even though all Nintendo DS systems are technically the same, there Is a massive hidden difference that will defiantly keep you off the Wi-Fi, and could possibly mess Up your system!!

you see, here in America, the Wi-Fi infrastructure we use consists of IEEE 802.11 A, B, G, and most recently N, all operate on the 2.4 Gigahertz frequency.

now Zoom out for a second and take a look at Japan,
    In Japan, there is often a lack of space in crowded cities like Tokyo and Osaka, but the buildings aren't the only thing that's crowded, if you look at the full spectrum you notice Radio Frequencies are crowded there too...
    Over there, 2.4Ghz is reserved for Police and Emergency Services use (though it's been phased out recently for distance reasons), and transmitting on that frequency without a permit can result in a fine.
    So to compensate, Japanese Wi-Fi Has been moved to IEEE 802.11 J on 5.4Ghz.

so though the DS system is technically the same worldwide, the Japanese Platinum game card will contain wi-fi configuration exclusive to 802.11 J, with a few compatibility workarounds, but even if you do succeed in connecting to a Uniband router, the thing will just get confused when you tell it where you live, as there is no Princeton or even a West Virginia in Japan...

I have confirmed this with the Japanese Sales engineer of my dad's company [thank you Matthew-san!] , the workarounds aren't pretty and could cause damage to both you DS and your Router, but If you must- set your router to operate at 1.5-2.0Mbps 802.11 B/A, Channel 6 and hope for the best.

So please, I know It's hard, but could you PLEASE be just a little patient and wait till the English release in April 09'. only then will It be fully articulated and ready to run (and you wont have to learn Katakana just to enter your name).
    In the meantime, the New Ranger game's set to come out in two month's (November 10th)!!

Ok can any one tell me if there is any truth to this??

Last edited:

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • I've been doing some research on my own and I've learned that Language isn't only thing that's different in the Japanese version, you may be giving up allot more on the technical side of the equation!!

BUYER BEWARE
    you see, even though all Nintendo DS systems are technically the same, there Is a massive hidden difference that will defiantly keep you off the Wi-Fi, and could possibly mess Up your system!!

you see, here in America, the Wi-Fi infrastructure we use consists of IEEE 802.11 A, B, G, and most recently N, all operate on the 2.4 Gigahertz frequency.

now Zoom out for a second and take a look at Japan,
    In Japan, there is often a lack of space in crowded cities like Tokyo and Osaka, but the buildings aren't the only thing that's crowded, if you look at the full spectrum you notice Radio Frequencies are crowded there too...
    Over there, 2.4Ghz is reserved for Police and Emergency Services use (though it's been phased out recently for distance reasons), and transmitting on that frequency without a permit can result in a fine.
    So to compensate, Japanese Wi-Fi Has been moved to IEEE 802.11 J on 5.4Ghz.

so though the DS system is technically the same worldwide, the Japanese Platinum game card will contain wi-fi configuration exclusive to 802.11 J, with a few compatibility workarounds, but even if you do succeed in connecting to a Uniband router, the thing will just get confused when you tell it where you live, as there is no Princeton or even a West Virginia in Japan...

I have confirmed this with the Japanese Sales engineer of my dad's company [thank you Matthew-san!] , the workarounds aren't pretty and could cause damage to both you DS and your Router, but If you must- set your router to operate at 1.5-2.0Mbps 802.11 B/A, Channel 6 and hope for the best.

So please, I know It's hard, but could you PLEASE be just a little patient and wait till the English release in April 09'. only then will It be fully articulated and ready to run (and you wont have to learn Katakana just to enter your name).
    In the meantime, the New Ranger game's set to come out in two month's (November 10th)!!

Ok can any one tell me if there is any truth to this??

You are absolutly right. The wi-fi frequencies do change location per location. Not only that but the STUPID ROm games people are playing are different from the real Japanese versions. I have read so many walkthroughs of the stupid ROM Platinum. They said Dialga and Palkia couldn't be found. Not only that but it has been confirmed that some pokemon sprites are different as well. SO people are not really playing Platinum to its full capability. PEOPLE ARE SPOILING THE GAME FOR EVERYBODY AND FOR THEMSELVES. People cannot seem to wait for anything these days.

ROM Platinum
    Japanese Platinum
    English Platinum

Those three versions listed above are VERY different with different interior data. While Japanese Platinum might have weird glitches english might not. ROM does not play to its full ability. SO anything that is being said about the Platinum game shoud not be taken for 100% certainty.

WITH THAT SAID. I hope both of our replies drilled a hole through some thick skulls. Because I am getting very tired of reading different things wherever I go. The only REAL Platinum would be Japanese and even better ENGLISH.

Thank YOU.

:16:

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2017
    You are absolutly right. The wi-fi frequencies do change location per location. Not only that but the STUPID ROm games people are playing are different from the real Japanese versions.

You obviously don't know much about ROMs, they are direct dumps of data from the actual cart. Same game.

Also, Wi-Fi works fine for me *shrug*

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Not only that but the STUPID ROm games people are playing are different from the real Japanese versions.

I don't appreciate being called stupid, as I'm sure none of the other 1,000,000 people you just called stupid do either. Accessing resources differently than the rest of the population is in no way being stupid, so keep thoughts like those to yourself.

Has anyone translated the cutscene at the beginning when you get your starter? I'm pretty interested in what they're saying.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well then although it works at different frequencies my diamond cant connect to my router in europe. I mean its american game european wireless. Anyweh this is what gave me a shock

Aaron: LV.65 Yanmega, LV.69 Drapion, LV.66 Vespiquen, LV.67 Heracross, LV.65 Scizor
    Bertha: LV.66 Wiscash, LV.69 Gliscor, LV.68 Hippowdon, V.71 Rhyperior, LV.68 Golem
    Flint: LV.68 Houndoom, LV.73 Magmortar, LV.71 Flareon, LV.69 Rapidash, LV.71 Infernape
    Lucian: LV.69 Mr.Mime, LV.75 Gallade, LV.72 Alakazam, LV.71 Espeon, LV.70 Bronzong
    Cynthia: LV.74 Spiritomb, LV.74 Miltoic, LV.78 Garchomp, LV.74 Roserade, LV.76 Lucario, LV.76 Togekiss
    Thats the outcome of rebattling the E4. LEVEL 78 FRIKIN GARCHOMP IN CYNTHIAS TEAM! LEVEL FRIKIN SEVENTY EIGHT

Years
  • About time the E4 improved, it got boring.

Just so everyone knows, the rom should theoretically be the same as the official game. Unless anyone can prove otherwise, it's a viable source.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well acually the palkia dialga thing aint happening cause they dont have the 3 pixies. And apparently oak tells you that the 3 birds are ingame

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I should go get a jap version of this... Maybe later this sunday i will hehe...

The pics look interesting, hope to see more about the new stuff :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    I want to get it. But unfortunately, i think I might wait to get the English version so that I can undertand the plot and everything. No matter how much this temptates me.

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
    Years
  • I have a few words

Ive played platiunm and liked it the rom owns new sprites own so basicly it owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssss

Years
  • The First Action Replay Codes Released.

Spoiler:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I was pleasently surprised with the new pokemon on routes. Ponyta is above Oreburgh! TIME TO CHAIN ME SOME BLUE FIRE HORSES! =)

I also think the AI has improved, as have the levels of the opponents pokemon. I liked being beaten at the Oreburgh Gym, it meant that the game is tougher than DP. (Although I was raising my Abra, and switched Budew into a Cranidos tackle. Cranidos tore me apart...)

Current Team as of Windworks:

Budew Lv 17
    Monferno Lv 17
    Kadabra Lv 16
    Staravia Lv 16
    Onix Lv 6 (HM Slave)

@Team Poison: Do you have the game ID? (So I can create a cheat database for my R4) I just want Pokerus.

EDIT: NVM, I didn't see it at the top. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Ummm... well Roark's levels are exactly the same, so if you lost it is because of the mistake you did with switching. I prefer using EXP Share.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back