• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum GTS issue?

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
  • I don't know if anyone has noticed this, I have come across a bug regarding platinum's GTS when trying to trade with a DP GTS (or may apply to all GTS trades, unsure):

It is my belief, based on a few experiences, that you cannot trade a pokemon caught in a location in Platinum that was not previously catchable in the same location in DP.

This problem of course is caused by the filter in GTS so that hacked pokemon cannot be traded. Seems to have backfired a bit now.

This has begun to annoy me a bit. My apologies if this old news/ already posted. If so, go ahead and lock

comments/confirmations?

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    i understand wut ur talking about

and ya
    it seems like its a problem that sud hav ben fixed w an update or sumthin

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • I haven't traded in the new GTS yet so I didn't know about this. This really needs to get fixed, if not, the GTS will be rendered half-useless. =\

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Sorry, no. It's just you. Back in December, I got a level 47 Giratina off the GTS, which was obviously from the Distortion World. There is no glitch.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • Sorry, no. It's just you. Back in December, I got a level 47 Giratina off the GTS, which was obviously from the Distortion World. There is no glitch.

I'm afraid that can't count as proof, as the distortion world did not even exist, so there would not have been a previous entry in the GTS filter to block that giratina. What I'm saying is that the previous entries in the filter have not been updated to allow pokemon found in different locations.

To explain some of my terminology and further clarify to avoid confusion, a filter exists in GTS that prevents the trade of pokemon at unrealistic levels or caught in an unnatural location. Entries exist that define what pokemon at what levels and from certain location is acceptable.

For proof of this, go catch, for example, a bronzor in mt coronet and try to trade it for something in GTS

Lady Missie

Aspiring Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • The only thing I've noticed so far is that I can only trade for pokemon that I've seen already. I hope this is only because I have just two badges yet. Surely this changes later on... right?

Kyle Hyde

Years
  • The only thing I've noticed so far is that I can only trade for pokemon that I've seen already. I hope this is only because I have just two badges yet. Surely this changes later on... right?

Sad to say but, it always stays like that. You can only search/trade for Pokemon you've had or seen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I'm afraid that can't count as proof, as the distortion world did not even exist, so there would not have been a previous entry in the GTS filter to block that giratina. What I'm saying is that the previous entries in the filter have not been updated to allow pokemon found in different locations.

To explain some of my terminology and further clarify to avoid confusion, a filter exists in GTS that prevents the trade of pokemon at unrealistic levels or caught in an unnatural location. Entries exist that define what pokemon at what levels and from certain location is acceptable.

For proof of this, go catch, for example, a bronzor in mt coronet and try to trade it for something in GTS

i also did the same i got giratina at lvl 47 dialga and palkia at lvl 70 they work just the words wont say where they are caught i believe it was unknown location or something like that

Years

i dont see how this is true when my friend started from the beggining with a charmander in his party... i know you dont see chamander till mid-game may be around e4

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • i dont see how this is true when my friend started from the beggining with a charmander in his party... i know you dont see chamander till mid-game may be around e4

-_- He could easily have received that from someone via wi-fi, not GTS

Also, if you have traded over a pokemon not in the sinnoh dex (only appears in national dex) you cannot seek that pokemon either

You wouldn't see charmander till after elite 4 and receiving the national dex

Kyle Hyde

Years
  • i dont see how this is true when my friend started from the beggining with a charmander in his party... i know you dont see chamander till mid-game may be around e4

You never see a Wild Charmander even around the Elite Four. You can only get it from Pal Park by using an FR or LF cart (after getting the National Dex) or using a cheat device (AR, GS, CodeBreaker, etc)

Btw, the other problem on the GTS... Pokemon appearing with different names and pictures. What did it mean? (Ex. a Deoxys appearing with Seaking as its name and picture)

Last edited:

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • i also did the same i got giratina at lvl 47 dialga and palkia at lvl 70 they work just the words wont say where they are caught i believe it was unknown location or something like that

like I said, there are no previous entries that would block these two. Im talking about your average wild pokemon, not legendaries.

You never see a Wild Charmander even around the Elite Four. You can only get it from Pal Park by using an FR or LF cart (after getting the National Dex) or using a cheat device (AR, GS, CodeBreaker, etc)

Btw, the other problem on the GTS... Pokemon appearing with different names and pictures. What did it mean?

I've noticed this a LOT. I'll see a, for instance, vespiquen, but it'll be a picture of a gible or something, but it'll be seeking a vespiquen. This is either a glitch, or people trying to trade hackmon

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    It means that the Pokémon has already been traded, but the new Pokémon hasn't been withdrawn yet (or something like that). It's nothing to do with hacking.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I don't think Giratina was in Diamond or Pearl so would I be able to trade it to Diamond and Pearl from Platnium or not

splosh

Russian Reversaler
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    I also hate how sometimes there are pokemon up there that have already been traded (when you try to trade with them) yet they still remain up there.

Btw, the other problem on the GTS... Pokemon appearing with different names and pictures. What did it mean? (Ex. a Deoxys appearing with Seaking as its name and picture)

I reckon it's people trying to waste your time.

Back