• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum or Heart Gold, which do you like more?

Sir

Years
    Platinum all the way. I spent 368+ hours of my life on that game before it got stolen :( and I plan on buying it again too.

platinum dragonite

Dragon Tamer & Shiny Collector
    Years
    i like HG better because i havent played in the johto region for a long long time and i like the johto pokemon more then anyother pokemon from different regions.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    I would have to say HeartGold, since it's been so long that I wanted a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake, and I finally got it. Platinum, for me, was 'meh' at best. It's like, yeah, you've got new content, but everything's still the same, and to be honest, it didn't even add that much. At most, it completely shifted the competitive battling scene, with Bullet Punch Scizor, and the Rotom-A formes. Other than that, I felt that Platinum wasn't all there. I did like the new Battle Frontier though, especially Arcade Star Dahlia. That battle was awesome.

HeartGold on the other hand, brought whole new things to the table. You can walk around with your Pokemon, Routes and Trainers have been revamped, the Physical/Special split is now in effect, so you can finally use some of the old Pokemon you passed up the first time around, ect, ect.

I felt that HeartGold was better.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
    I don't like SS because the PC system really really bugs me. It feels like it takes three times longer than the PCs in Platinum.
    I really liked SoulSilver, but you're right about the PC system.... it was disapointing. I finished SS for the most part, except Red so I'm starting Platinum now.(restarting, cause I never finished...)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Platinum definitely lasts longer, but for me HeartGold was a sweeter ride. It has some nice moments, especially the parts involving Legendaries. I would have been happier if Mewtwo's cave could have been as epik as it was before, full of ~50 fully evolved Pokemon and Chansey. Levels were too low for my liking, but it's kinda more realistic. The Leaders were indeed stronger than normal trainers. I digress. I happened to like the touchscreen PC.

Here's something I think is funny- I saw a complaint here before HGSS was released saying that having the Legendary Pokemon as essentially a sidequest was a good thing, and that he didn't like Platinum for being so grandiose with the storyline. And then somebody in this topic says that Cyrus and the Legends made the story more satisfying.

Platinum is good at giving you something to do, but HeartGold is still very nice, especially aesthetically. It also used the touchscreen properly. End post.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I think Platinum is better. Platinum had epicness and huge replay value. (like villas, contests etc. :D) and there was towns that actually had a decent amount of things to do. Unlike HG/SS, there is not much to do in any of the towns. :(

And Platinum had badass starters.

ritechus

Pokeemanz
    Years
    HEARTGOLD!!! it brings back memories and has many legendaries and cameos from other games. Johto, kanto and more to explore. YOU CAN CATCH MEWTWO!!! lol
    platinum is awesome in its own ways too though

Back