• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum or Heart Gold, which do you like more?

Poké-Master1

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    Platinum

Definatley platinum much much more to do like chaining or underground. If soul silver/Heart Gold had these or even the secret bases off ruby/saphire it would be the best game ever! :L

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I prefer Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Definitely give Platinum a playthrough. It's great, and getting experience is so much more friendly. I do love the poketch. The problem with it is I don't like the graphics. The maps look way too cartoonish if you ask me. I also like the Pokemon following me.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Platinum wins for the fact that it was actually fun.
    I just made it to Kanto on HG/SS, and I have no motivation to go forward because I just feel like I'm forcing myself if I do.
    Platinum also wins in terms of sheer features, but HG/SS has some huge advantages, such as the pokewalker and pokemon following you.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I feel as though the problem with HG/SS wasn't so much that ITS A BAD GAME or whatever(i loved it), it's mostly for the fact that it didn't bring anything GROUND BREAKING or something that set the game apart from what we already have from the sinnoh games.

I mean, i LOVED my SS playthrough, and i actually couldn't stand my platinum story playthrough lol, but im trying to be unbiased here. They added little things into the game like pokemon following you, poke'athlon, pokewalker, you know, little things...but thats the problem with the game, they're just that, little things added, the gameplays the same as it was in sinnoh, you have access to 4th gen pokes as in sinnoh(some of which you can ONLY GET in sinnoh such as leafeon and magnezone if not i stand corrected...), theres a GTS, they changed the pc system to go from controller wise to stylus friendly(i personally liked it, but it WAS a big change and i'm not too sure if many people actually knew about that either before purchasing the game so it was kind of a let down in that department for some...) its stuff people already had in their other games. so yea, there's my two cents on the argument...

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Do you guys still play Platinum? Is it possible to battle someone from Heart Gold if your on Platinum?

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    When I played Pt, I was freakishly addicted, which surprised me because I dislike D/P. I dislike the entire Sinnoh region in general; it was too techy for me. I prefer the nature-filled Hoenn region or the history-filled Johto region, but I was willing to set my differences aside for Platinum, and I'm glad I did. I doubt I'll play it again, though, anytime soon.

However, I must admit, I like HG a lot more than Platinum. Maybe it's because I'm just too old school, I dunno. xD 25 hours in and nowhere near being done yet, I love it.

Spech

The Pokemon Guru
    Years
    i like soul silver better than platinum, but i guess that's pretty much because i really really enjoyed the original silver version, because of the 16 badges and all the space to explore. platinum of course has the cool giratina place... still! and yes you can still battle/trade anyone in diamond/pearl/platinum they just dont see the character as the one in HG/SS

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I prefer Platinum, only because it's not a remake, but an expanded version.

Edgaar

Journeyman Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I do an awful lot of breeding, so I naturally like HGSS better. The breeding mechanic is a lot easier to exploit for nature and IVs.
    Plus, there is a lot more to do after the elite 4

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    I has HG and Platinum, i resetted my HG to play again. I liked Platinum, because i randomly bought it one day and didn't even know what the starters were! It was all new to me, the whole lot, and it felt a lot less *cough* like the little kid games. Note Platinum is rated PG and HG is just G. Hmm? Loved how giratina killed that guy heheheh. But with HG it was awesome. I used to have a Gameboy Advance with one of the old games but couldn't save it so never got very far. But i love having the new guys in Platinum, and i like the HG. But really i prefer Platinum. Can't even be bothered finishing HG for the second time.. Yawn.. Love Emerald too. But i don't have it yet.. :(

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    Definatley platinum much much more to do like chaining or underground. If soul silver/Heart Gold had these or even the secret bases off ruby/saphire it would be the best game ever! :L

Cant you see? Game freak want us to go back and play our othe games aswell. Think about it the celebii event in hg and ss the PCP event in hg and sshow you have to use dpt to make those evnts happen. Want your pokemon to have lots of ribbons? send them over to dpt. And loads of other stuff rely on us using our older games. Anyway thats what i think.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    I like both (and own Both). I do prefer Heartgold, due to my liking of Gold. Sinnoh's not the best region, but it's still good enough for me. I also like Johto Pokemon better overall.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    @title: SoulSilver. XD

but seriously, I like HGSS better than Pt (i'm not even going to mention DP because they were just terrible) because there seems like there's a lot more to do in HGSS than in Pt. :)

in johto, at least.. in kanto there's not much -.-

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    Didn't play on HG/SS version.
    But i had to say that some sprites in Platinum are horrible...
    And nostalgia factor from G/S will probably make me choose SS/HG
    if i played them : P

Sam_

Taking care of Business.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    It's a hard decision theyre both great games, but just for the great story line and 2 regions i'd have to say HG/SS.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I really don't think I can decide between the two. I'm going to say Platinum, though, not because HGSS was bad, but I think Platinum made me feel like a part of the game.

Back