• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum or HeartGold?

which is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    okay, I jus got some money and then realized it's just enough for a good DS game! and since pokemon is the best DS game, I thought: since B/W isn't out yet, I'm going to get something else! I have diamond, and I love the other two! ao, in your guys' valued opinion, which is better?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    If you have Diamond, you're not really gonna miss that much in Platinum, so I suggest HeartGold.

It may be revamped and overall better than Diamond, it's still Sinnoh, plain old Sinnoh.

At least i nHeartGold, you could play in a new region with a whole lot of new features that Platinum doesn't even have. (PokeWalker, Following Pokemon, Pokeathlon, etc)

So go with HeartGold.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Well if you already have Diamond and don't have either SS or HG, i'd say either HG or SS.

Platinum is good, but if you've already played through sinnoh, it won't be quite as enjoyable as either reliving classic Gen 2, or playing it for the first time. If you had enough money, I'd say get both, but since you don't, I'd say get HG or SS.

Not dissing Platinum, it just doesn't change things up THAT much. So nice features, yeah. But a totally-new game would be more bang for your buck, I think.

Personally I love HG, also.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If you haven't played the Johto games before, I suggest HG. The Pokemon there also have improved level up moves and egg moves. Plus, the Pokeathlon is very fun. Platinum is also good for the Distortion World.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Umm I thought Platinum's story line was better, so I will go with Platinum for this one.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    As others have said, you're not really missing a whole lot in Platinum, so just go with Heart Gold, especially if you've never played the Gold & Silver series when they were out on the GBC.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I voted HG Only because you already have diamond and you wont be missing much so you might as well Buy HG

Kelp

<3
    Years
    In my opinion Platinum was a major improvement from D/P. So I definitely recommend it. But in this case, if you haven't played HG/SS, I recommend those more, as they are equally as exciting, probably more, since it's a diff. region.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Maybe just wait til B/W is released? XD
    Well, it probably depends on you. If you want to relive your G/S/C days on the DS, then I suggest getting HeartGold. If you want to play Sinnoh all over again, with a few minor and some major changes, get Platinum.

...and I conclude. HeartGold.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Normally I would say Platinum ince IMO it was a better game than HG/SS but since you haven't played either, I'm going to throw you a curveball.

Get either HG or SS depending on which game has the better exclusives in your opinion. For me it was SS. But sometime down the road, pick up Platinum. It's mostly the same as Diamond, but there's enough changes to make it worthwhile. But I'd say to experience HG or SS first.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Well, you already have Diamond, so you know the main story of the Sinnoh region. If you hadn't play the old G/S/C games, or didn't play them in a while, I'd suggest buying HeartGold. Plus there's that PokeWalker and new features that Platinum doesn't have. So HG in my opinion would be the best to buy, instead of getting a Diamond remake with minor changes.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Since you have Diamond, you should go for HG/SS. (I prefer HG)
    With Diamond, you've already seen Sinnoh, and you don't need to see it "improved" when you could go to a whole new region (actually TWO whole new regions) with the Pokewalker, the Pokeathlon, etc, etc.

Years
    I think Soul Silver (or Heart Gold in your case) is a better game than Platinum. Especially after having already played through the Sinnoh region so recently, I suggest you get either Heart Gold or Soul Silver. Platinum was fun, but the second generation remakes were better.

Damian the Eevee girl

I <3 Eevee and eeveelutions!
    Years
    I made the mistake of getting Platinum after I had Pearl. Don't recommend it. HeartGold and SoulSilver are EPIC. Your Pokes follow you, you can walk around in real life with them and gain levels. Also, when you get it, I'm gonna help you out: In the lighthouse, keep going up until you can't go further, then jump out the window. Took me an hour to figure this out. You're welcome. :D

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I find HG/SS much better games than Platinum. I still have my Soul Silver and play though it tons; but Platinum not so much. The Johto experience is just so much more entertaining to me, plus it has lots of cool little features such as your pokemon following you around. :] So, I say Heart Gold.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This thread belongs in the General Pokémon Gaming forum as this discussion is more video game based.

As for your query, I recommend that you invest in Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Silver. As they are newer, they have features that Pokémon Platinum doesn't have. The storyline is also a remake of Johto which was widely regarded as the best region by most Pokémon fans.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    HeartGold has the huge advantage of NOT being set in Sinnoh.

Yeah, I really really hate the geography of Sinnoh. >:[

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Get HeartGold. You've done Sinnoh. If you ever want Platinum though, get it after you've gotten HG. But there's a thread just like this in HGSS, so if you need any more help deciding, just look over to that thread.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back