• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yes, every single Pokémon has a PokéDex entry in the game, if that's what you mean.

Years
  • What is the name of the item in the pokeball that you'll find in the most top left corner of the Torn World (Turnback Cave Entrance) cause i kinda dropped/destroyed it by accident -_-

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What is the name of the item in the pokeball that you'll find in the most top left corner of the Torn World (Turnback Cave Entrance) cause i kinda dropped/destroyed it by accident -_-

My question is how did you drop/destroy it? Its the Platinum orb for Giratina I think.

Years
  • My question is how did you drop/destroy it? Its the Platinum orb for Giratina I think.

Well i went to my item bag searched for the item and I pressed a chose the 2nd option cause i thought it was like First option is "Use" 2nd Option is "Give" and third was "Cancel" but apparently the second option is drop :S and no it's not the platinum orb -_- cause i tried pokesav to see if it was the orb but it had a different icon

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Hey guys! I need some help with my PokeDex, do you know where I can see 046, 053, 071, 080, 096, 131, 133, 134, 135, 137, 138, 146, 147, 148, 151, 156, 159, 162, 164, 170, 174, 187, 192, 195, 197... A lot, I know. Anything helps XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    im about to start playing platinum but i dont know any japanese what so ever
    do you think i could get through the game without knowing any?

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    im about to start playing platinum but i dont know any japanese what so ever

I beat the Elite 4 in just under 24hrs with no knowledge of japanese whatsoever, so., yeah.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • im about to start playing platinum but i dont know any japanese what so ever

you'll be fine as long as you know these things:

1.if you are asked a question and there's 2 answers, the top one is always yes and the 2nd always no. always say yes. unless its not a yes or no question, then you're screwed.

2.memorize what colors are what heal (burn heal, awakening, paralyze heal, etc)

3. learn as much of the pokemon's moves as it levels up so you know what you're teaching your pokemon and what you're forgetting, or you might replace something you need.

4. dont teach a TM unless you know for sure what it is

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Platinum Movepools/tutor moves question

Alright, due to the massive overhaul of new moves given to pokemon in platinum(like almost all electric types learning magnet rise)

Is it possible to trade a pokemon to platinum, teach it a move tutor move, and trade it back to diamond and pearl with no problem? I dont see a reason why it shouldnt, so I should be able to do it right?

I was hoping to teach my leafeon and espeon aqua tail and signal beam.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Yes, It should be fine. If you can hack a Pokemon with unusual moves and trade it back and forth, then you should have no problem teaching a Pokemon a legit move and trading it back. ;]

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yes, It should be fine. If you can hack a Pokemon with unusual moves and trade it back and forth, then you should have no problem teaching a Pokemon a legit move and trading it back. ;]

Awesome, thanks. :) now I can have a little fun with diamond before platinum comes out,(thank god I know people with platinum already, so they can hook me up with some moves.)

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    In my Pokesav for Platinum, when my editing is output into Platinum, instead of having the Platinum font, it has the Diamond and Pearl font. Any fixes?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back