• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum RMT

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Well ever since platinum came out I knew I needed a new team for the highly changed metagame.Well without a further audo this is my team ^_^.

At a Glance

Platinum RMT
    Platinum RMT
    Platinum RMT
    Platinum RMT
    Platinum RMT
    Platinum RMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum RMT

Heatran@Choice Scarf
    Ablity:Flash Fire
    Naive Nature
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Earth Power
    ~Hidden Power Ice
    ~Explosion

Despcription:Fire Blast is for skymins,lucarios,jirachis and such.Earth Power for other heatrans.Hidden Power Ice is salamence and ground types.Explosion is for when I don't need him anymore and want to go out with a bang.

EV's: I went very standard when it came to the EV's. I went with max speed due to the fact that I want to out speed all other Heatrans. Max Special Attack was an easy choice also since I don't really want to invest too much in Explosion when my main primary attacks will be Special

Team Work:Functions as my counter some very deadly threats such as Scizor and Skymin,he is a pokemon that I rely on a great deal of the time for revenge killing and stuff of the sort. Also stops my mini fire weakness.

Platinum RMT

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Adament Nature
    156 HP / 136 Atk / 72 Def / 144 Spe
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Waterfall
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Tuant

Descripition:After a Dragon Dance it hits 351 speed which outspeeds timid gengar.Waterfall is for stab.Tuant is for blocking status moves and other annoying stuff like leech seed,spikes,steath rock and such.Stone Edge is for other gyaras and other flying types such as salamence.

Evs:Again after a dragon dance it hits 351 speed enough to outspeed timid gengar.Hp evs help me live 2 life orb blasts after a stealth rock from heatran.Def evs for some bulkiness and the rest are dumped into atk for more power.

Team Work:Gyarados is really the meat of the team. I use it to soften up my opponents team so that the rest of my sweepers can well sweep.It also stops Scizor dead cold right in its tracks.

Platinum RMT

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Impish Nature
    156 HP / 136 Def / 216 Spe
    ~Earthquake
    ~Roost
    ~Ice Fang
    ~Stealth Rock

Description:This guy is very team important to team because it provides an excellent solution to lucario and heracross.The ev spread allows me to outspeed adament lucario,i went with this becuase now most lucario's are packing ice moves these days.Stealth Rock is a good utility move.Roost for recovery.

Evs:The 216 Speed EVs grant Gliscor 280 Speed, beating out the fastest non-Scarfed Heatran you will find, as well as any neutral-natured base 90 Speed Pokemon, such as Porygon-Z or Lucario. This is especially helpful in countering the latter, which may carry Hidden Power Ice to deal with Gliscor specifically. The HP and Defense EVs provide for the best overall physical defense

Team Work: Functions as my lphysical wall.It also sets up one of the most helpful utility move in the game(Stealth Rock).
    Platinum RMT

Mesprit@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Ability:Levitate
    Evs:252 HP / 68 Def / 92 SpA / 96 SpD
    ~Psychic
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~U-Turn

Descripition: My anti-sweeper which helps against some of the hugest threats in the game infernape,gyarados,salamence and so fourth.Psychic is apes,brelooms,and such,Thunderbolt for water types.Ice beam for your gliscors,and salamence.U-turn for safe switch outs.

Evs:Lets me live a +2 flamethrower from infernape and a Draco Meteor from specsmence.The remainder evs go into special atk and def.

Team Work:Again its my gyarados and infernape counter.Also brings relief from salamences and gliscor.

Platinum RMT

Scizor@Life Orb
    Adament Nature
    Ability:Technician
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Sword Dance
    ~Superpower

Desciption:The amazing late game sweeper.This guy was just blessed by platinum,a stabed priority move and move to get rid of its number 1 counters magnezone and heatran.Sword Dance is to already boost its amazing attack stat.Superpower is for blisseys,magnezones,and heatrans.X-Scissor for bronzongs,vaporoen and such.Bullet punch to 2hit ko gliscor after a sword dance and to finish off sashers.

Evs: I went with a very standard bulky spread,didn't want to run anything fancy.

Team Work: This guy is basically the clean up crew,cleans up after my other pokes couldn't kill off.

Platinum RMT

Blissey@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ability:Natural Cure
    Evs:252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
    ~Wish
    ~Toxic
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Protect

Descipition:Last but not least blissey the most annoying and best special wall in the game.Wish along side with protect for recovery.Flamethrower is bronzongs,scizor,lucario,and breloom switch ins.Toxic is for helping slowly kill off walls such as cresselia,and vaporeon.

Evs:Max def evs is a must.The Special def evs allow me to live 2 flash fire boosted fire blasts from heatran and 3 focus blasts from gengar.The remainder go into special atk.

Team Work:Brings Wish support to gyarados,scizor,and mesprit.Also functions as my special wall.

Conclusion:This team has been doing very well for me but of course i always get noobs saying "Wow your team is so broken".But whatever ignore what they say and use what works best for me ^_^.

Threat List:

Tyranitar: Gliscor,Scizor have no trouble walling it as long as they stay away from ice or fire punch
    Gyarados: Mesprit walls it without breaking a sweat
    Infernape: Mesprit can just come in and psychic it to death
    Azelf: Heatran covers everything this thing can do. Otherwise, it is revenge killed
    Rhyperior: Constant 2x and 4x Attacks wear this guy down easily
    Electivire: Mesprit does a pretty good job walling him
    Salamence: Gliscor,and Mesprit but otherwise revenge killed by Heatran
    Togekiss: Blissey comes in and toxic's to a slowly death
    Gengar: Blissey walls it without a single worry
    Lucario: Gliscor has no problem taking it down
    Starmie: Blissey just lafs at its pathetic attempts.
    Weavile:Heatran and Scizor can come in and kill it off
    Dugtrio: Gliscor and Mesprit rip apart
    Alakazam: Blissey can just toxic it or heatran revenge kills it
    Porygon-Z: Heatran + Blissey
    Machamp: Mesprit can just psychic it
    Jolteon: Blissey walls it completely
    Aerodactyl: Gliscor and Mesprit
    Snorlax: Any physical attacks really.
    Zapdos: Blissey can just toxic it
    Blissey: Scizor can come in any attack not named flamethrower and use it as set up bait
    Suicune: Depends on the set if its standard ill just toxic it or if its crocune ill jus tuant it with gyarados
    Sceptile: Zapdos I suppose. I haven't had to deal with one yet.
    Breloom: Use something as sleep fodder then switch into mesprit
    Slaking: Smart switching.
    Tangrowth: Heatran walls it completely
    Ninjask: Scizor just lafs if it tries to Set Up
    Metagross: Depends on the set most run thunderpunch so gliscor is acceptable
    Celebi: Heatran can just blast to death
    Jirachi: Heatran can just come in anything not named hp fight or thunderwave
    Skymin: Revenge killed.
    Main Rotom Forms: Heatran and Blissey
    Scizor:Gyarados stops it dead

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    If heracross is a problem, go with Aerial Ace over Ice Fang on your gliscor. As you won't do much to it with Ice Fang and EQ.

DDTTar can still massivly sweep this team, if it carries appropriate attacks, a LOT of them I've seen carry Ice fang or as mine does (ice beam) which seems weird, but it takes down your gliscor easily.

Years
    Well considering Ice Fang was mostly there for Garchomp, I think Aerial Ace is definitely a safe bet.
    Skymin gives you issues, as well as Kingdra to a degree.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mesprit: I find U-Turn kinda poop in 8/10 situations on mesprit. Use Reflect >>it since it does the same thing aka stops Pursuit and gives you some team support at the same time.

You might aswell remove the sp.att evs since they are only there to guarantee a OHKO on chomp, put them in sp.def or def or something. And btw those evs actually dont save you from Mixape as NP Flamethrower does like ~98% (Fire Blast OHKO's) which isnt really the best thing.

Blissey: Toxic is sucks on Blissey outside of stall team, trust me all sweepers wanting to come in and eat you yeah...Id really use T-Wave if i was you >>it.

Raikou and Sub torrent Empoleon eats you alive. So, to solve this, make Blissey Seismic Toss/Flamethrower or Ice Beam/Softboiled/T-Wave.

Vappy : You loose wish support righ ? Well Vaporeon could easily fit >> Mesprit @ HP Electric/Surf/Wish/Ice Beam or Protect Bold max hp / max def.This gives you a BETTER counter to ape than mesprit and still gives you Wish support and a Gyarados check, something to consider.

Heatran :
    Ive had a thing for Dragon Pulse/HP Electric/Fire Blast/Earth Power sets lately since forcing kingdra to Outrage is easy and this destroys them, HP Electric is nice, being able to hit bulky waters and revenge Gyarados. But ill leave this up to you.

I still think Gliscors slot could be put to better use since Bulky Dos kinda does the same thing bar set up Stealth Rock which other things can do anyway. In platinum Gliscor just doesnt have a niche that it can do well, other than the SD sets really, sadly.

Yeah, just some thoughts.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
    Actually I'm pretty sure

116 HP/ 176 Def/ 216 Spd

Is a better Gliscor spread, seems to take hits slightly better and hits a leftovers recovery point to help that.

And as for Scizor: 200 HP/ 252 Atk/ 56 Spd

You don't want Magnezone switching in on your SD and trap + outspeed you.

Back