• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Play, Power, Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I finished my section of the Play, Power, Pass. Here's what I did:

- Enabled the option where prize money is sent to Mom. If you don't want that, I suggest to go back to New Bark Town before moving on.

- Named the main character with my real name. The time is set in CDT and Daylight Savings Time is enabled.

- Named the rival Noob in all caps because he isn't worthy of being called a rival. >_>

Play, Power, Pass

- Beat Sprout Tower and obtained HM05 before moving to the Gym.

Play, Power, Pass

- Current party. The only Pokemon I bothered to train is Geodude, Pidgey, and Totodile.

Play, Power, Pass

- Geodude's stats. Owned Falkner with Rock Throw. The best part was Rock Throw never missed even after being hit by 3 Mud-slaps.

Play, Power, Pass

Play, Power, Pass

- Pidgey's stats. Very useful for sweeping the Sprout Tower. Also, he was used to help Geodude level up since it is hard to raise Geodude in Sprout Tower due to all those Bellsprouts.

Play, Power, Pass

Play, Power, Pass

- Totodile's stats. I always choose the water type in just about every generation.

Play, Power, Pass

Play, Power, Pass

That's about it.

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I am that last person, let's get this thang started!

Okay, so who do I get? xD

LOL

*shot* That's awesome for taking up the spot.

*checks* So I've got another three turns to wait for mine. I should really go find a Gold ROM soon, xD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Alright. Hello all~ It seems we've encountered problems with loading the ROM.

Now, the situation that I've found is that, I also am unable to load the save file posted on the Gold ROM I obtain. I have a normal, "Pokemon Gold (U)" ROM and that won't load the save file. I'm guessing that most of us have a ROM that's like that.

The problem is that, the save file that was posted was played on what I believe to be, a patched version of Gold which was patched to affect the internal clock play on the VBA emulator. The clock should run normally if the 'Real Time Clock' function is turned on in the emulator's menu, but I believe that the old version of VBA didn't support the clock function, thus leading to ROMs patched for time-based events.

I can only load the save file provided that I use a separate ROM, entitled: "Pokemon Gold (U) [C]

(Enable clock reset).gbc

" rather than the original "Pokemon Gold (U)" one that I had.

It is up to xXScytherXx to decide now whether we should restart again with fabio875 redoing the first gym, or that we'll all have to make sure our ROMs is the one that I've posted above with all the "enable clock reset" stuff... personally, I think it might be easier if we were all using the same ROM and if the majority has a normal Gold (U) ROM...

Also I'd like to point out, do note that the save file posted was a .sg1 file. I think it says on the first post that we'd be using .sav files to not cause confusion in loading the save file...

[h1][/h1]

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Well, we don't know that for sure.

How many of you have a Gold (U) or just a clock reset one?

I've actually tested it... it doesn't load on a normal one so umm.. well that was my like two-cent into the situation. It just depends on how you want to go about it from now.

I've got both ROMs now after trialing it.

shadowcreep

Artiste
    Years
    i have U

if you guys find out someone add me on aim i wont be on here for awhile but ill be on aim i just got diamond

shadowcreep000 = aim

Years
    Since nobody else has any problem with the clock reset ROM, I'll post the attachment with the .sav file now.

Years
    That was the save file. Those aren't illegal. Besides, 2.14 KB is too small for it to be a ROM. ROMs are usually 2 MB.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back