• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play that funky music!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Play that funky muuusic, white boooooy

R/B/Y: Mt. Moon, S.S. Anne
    G/S/C: Olivine, National Park
    R/S/E/: Slateport City, Fortree City, Lilycove City, Mossdeep City, Sootopolis City, Battle Frontier, Dewford Town, Granite Cave, Victory Road
    HG/SS: Vermillion City
    B/W: Castelia City, Nimbasa City, White Forest, Undella Town

Never knew how much music from the third gen I liked. xD
    I like some of the softer tunes, but when it comes to the cities, I like the super upbeat ones. Especially Castelia. <3 Vermillion is the only exception because it just so purty. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Gotta be G/S/C's Vs Champion/Red Theme. Just epicness right there,G/S/C Goldenrod City is brilliant and I think HG/SS Lavender Town is very calming, nowhere near as good as dat champion theme but sounds very soothing (a lot less creepier than the original at least)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Knew you made this thread by the title alone. Anyway...

RBY: Viridian Forest, Trainer Battle, Champion Battle
    GSC: Bike Theme, Ecruteak City
    RSE: Regi Battle, Champion Battle, Frontier Brain Battle (E)
    DPPt: Giratina Battle (Pt), Dialga/Palkia Battle, Lake Trio Battle
    BW: Musketeer/Victini/Kami Battle

Ummmm I really like battle music apparently. I have a playlist on YouTube dedicated to it. I'm excluding remakes in my list obv because I can. I don't feel like explaining each individual song honestly, but all of them, aside from GSC's Bike Theme, resonate with me in that something awesome is about to happen. Like when you hear that music, ****'s going down.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Personally, I like most, if not all, of the battling themes, particularly the rival and Champion ones, because of how catchy they are.

For surfing music, I liked R/S/E's the best because it sounds so calm.

Honorable mentions would include B/W's Dragonspiral Tower/Celestial Tower/Giant Chasm and N's Castle music because the former is so mysterious-sounding and the latter has an intense tune.

Years
  • I like the music they reserve for the legends. They are just so strong and tend to amp you up; basically preparing you for the long strife of catching the legend. Outside of that I kinda don't mind any of the music really. I find it all the be unique and appealing in its own way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I like the music they reserve for the legends. They are just so strong and tend to amp you up; basically preparing you for the long strife of catching the legend.

That's how I feel too. The music makes you feel like an epic battle is about to take place. As for my favorite music, the Veilstone Game Corner in D/P/Pt had some very upbeat music. I don't know about anymore specific places as it's been awhile since I've played anything besides Diamond and White.

Aurielle

Warning : Choking Hazard.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Let's see...

I like most of the older ones, like Olivine, the lighthouse, Burned Tower, the cave theme, the surfing and bicycle theme from RBY, Lavender Town... this list could go on forever~

And from DP my favorites are the Pokemon League, Lake Cave, Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie's theme, and the music before Cynthia's battle.

I haven't played the third or fifth generation, so.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The majority of my favourite soundtracks lie within RSE such as Elite Four theme, Gym Leader Theme, Littleroot Town, Mt. Chimney, Mt. Pyre, Trick House etc. There are others however, I like Route 2, Route 4, Team Plasma Battle, Ghetsis Battle, N's Final Battle, N's Farewell, N's Castle, Gym Leader, Rival & Elite Four Themes for BW and then lots more from RBY - DPPT.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Play that funky muuusic, white boooooy
    Knew you made this thread by the title alone.
    Damn me and my predictability. Must be the old age settling in.

In any event, my favourite tracks are all from Gen IV. I've waxed lyrically before about the amazingness of the National Park music from HGSS, and there have been times where I've just put on the 11 minute version of the clip on YouTube and carried on with my day. The bicycle music from HGSS is also a lovely update of the same music from GSC, so in addition to the nostalgia factor, it also sounds really nice in and of itself.

But those two have recently been dethroned by my new favourite piece: Veilstone City from Platinum. I've never heard jazz sound so good in a video game, and it really makes me want to hear a full orchestrated recording of it, free from the technical limitations of the DS. It would sound completely amazing and I'd love it forever and ever!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Out of Battle Music:
    RSE: Rustboro/Mauville/Mossdeep City
    DPPt: Sandgem Town

Battle:
    GSC/HGSS: Gym Leader and Champion themes
    RSE: Team Magma/Aqua Grunt and Frontier Brain
    DPPt: Giratina
    BW: Gym Leader, N(both) and Ghetsis.

Whew, I always search for extended version of those in youtube :)

Years
  • I've always loved the Surf songs throughout the course of the years. However, I'll always remember stepping outside of my house on my first Red Version and hearing the Pallet Town music for the first time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Heh. The title of the thread reminded me of Miror B. playing his theme in Colosseum. Anyways, most of the routes in Hoenn have good themes that are hard to forget (104, 119). Battle-wise, I'd say I liked the gym leader theme in HGSS. The different changing beats of N's battle music in B/W were also great.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Miror B. That's all I gotta say.

Perhaps my favorites are the Hoenn and Unova Elite 4 battle music. However I also love the pumped up music for the legendary in Unova.

Back